Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2014, 12:55   #6661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Finally frustration got the better of me. I exchanged my iPhone 4 for a Samsung Note 3. Never been happier

Might return to Apple for iPhone 7
Congrats on your Note 3 !
How much did your iphone fetch ?
Expecting a mini review of the note 3 on the android phones thread

Last edited by VishnuNarayanan : 12th January 2014 at 12:59.
Old 12th January 2014, 17:41   #6662
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter View Post
Have a Q- contacts I can back up and restore. What about some other trivial stuff like- sms messages, whatsapp messages, notes, safari favorites, voice memos, some other app data etc. which are possible which are not? Was it a full restore? And if you don't mind what were steps that you personally tried in your process?
If you use iTunes to create a backup onto your computer, the text messages, Safari favourites, notes are all part of the standard backup, in addition to contacts and photos present in Camera Roll on your phone.

Non Apple app data, such as WhatsApp messages are not part of the standard backup, and you will need to look at alternate ways of backup.

Once you have backed up your phone, you can do the restore using iTunes, and then setup the phone as new from the Setup Assistant. Once complete, you can always do a Restore Backup using iTunes to get back the data from the backup you had created.

Hope this helps.
Old 12th January 2014, 19:02   #6663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter View Post
What about some other trivial stuff like- sms messages, whatsapp messages, notes, safari favorites, voice memos, some other app data etc. which are possible which are not? Was it a full restore? And if you don't mind what were steps that you personally tried in your process?
Like@benbsb29 has explained, all the system & apple app data will be restored without any issues. You only have to worry about individual apps which do not use any kind of cloud backup.

Create a fresh backup of your phone through iTunes. Re-install iOS 7.0.4 using the "Restore iPhone" button. After the phone boots up and is connected, iTunes will provide an option to configure the phone as a new phone or restore all your settings from the backup ("Restore Backup" button in iTunes).

Quote:
Finally frustration got the better of me. I exchanged my iPhone 4 for a Samsung Note 3. Never been happier
How could you?!
Old 12th January 2014, 19:06   #6664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishnuNarayanan View Post

Congrats on your Note 3 !
How much did your iphone fetch ?
Expecting a mini review of the note 3 on the android phones thread
I walked into Univercell and almost bought the Note 3 from there, but they said the maximum buy back they can give is 10.5k. I walked over to Sangeetha next door (CMH road) and they gave me 13k in exchange (had checked with them during an earlier visit).

Calling the Note 3 powerful would be an understatement. Coming from iPhone, I'm still discovering the features of this phone (you should play Real Racing 3 on this, it's awesome!)

One BIG difference I find is that in iOS the user doesn't have to fiddle with a lot of stuff, the phone does this for you. In Android, there is a lot of stuff you get/have to control.

And oh, also the size - it only looks big; it's almost half the weight of the iPhone 4

Last edited by IronH4WK : 12th January 2014 at 19:08.
Old 12th January 2014, 21:14   #6665
BHPian

Quote:
And oh, also the size - it only looks big; it's almost half the weight of the iPhone 4
Though it weights only less when compared to iphone and those lumia range of phones, Samsung phones are capable of withstanding fair amount of abuse.
Regarding the customisation options available in android OS , you would surely love it especially with the large display and the mighty hardware underneath.

Last edited by VishnuNarayanan : 12th January 2014 at 21:18.
Old 15th January 2014, 22:06   #6666
BHPian

Guys I am using Iphone 5. I recently updated my Iphone 5 to IOS 7.0.4 via OTA. I am planning to jailbreak it. I read on net that evasion 7 is the software required for jailbreaking. But the problem is that it will not work on Iphone that has been updated to IOS 7.0.4 via OTA. So i want to reinstall IOS 7.0.4 but this time via Itunes. So is it possible to do this? Guys I am new to Iphone so please help.
Old 15th January 2014, 23:27   #6667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys I am using Iphone 5. I recently updated my Iphone 5 to IOS 7.0.4 via OTA. I am planning to jailbreak it. I read on net that evasion 7 is the software required for jailbreaking. But the problem is that it will not work on Iphone that has been updated to IOS 7.0.4 via OTA. So i want to reinstall IOS 7.0.4 but this time via Itunes. So is it possible to do this? Guys I am new to Iphone so please help.
Do not do an OTA before jailbreaking.
Always do it via itunes.
Also make sure you have the ipsw for your device downloaded before jailbreaking
Old 15th January 2014, 23:43   #6668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Connect your iphone to itunes back up all your data and then restore your phone using itunes. Download Evasi0n software for windows. Close itunes with your iphone still connected to your PC. Open Evasi0n software you downloaded, run the jailbreak and follow the instructions!!
Old 16th January 2014, 15:36   #6669
Senior - BHPian

i've a query for you folks. i took a backup (did not sync) of my iPhone 4 before i exchanged it for the Note 3. now i remembered there was a recording on the iPhone which i need now, but now the phone is gone.

is there a way i might be able to read the backup and extract that particular recording from it? can i restore the backup into another location instead of the iPhone?

Last edited by IronH4WK : 16th January 2014 at 15:39.
Old 16th January 2014, 15:44   #6670
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i've a query for you folks. i took a backup (did not sync) of my iPhone 4 before i exchanged it for the Note 3. now i remembered there was a recording on the iPhone which i need now, but now the phone is gone.

is there a way i might be able to read the backup and extract that particular recording from it? can i restore the backup into another location instead of the iPhone?
I have not used this tool, but it says it can recover data from the iTunes backup of your iPhone. It also seems to indicate being able to retrieve recordings.

http://www.iphonebackupextractor.com/

I would suggest creating a copy of the backup files before you attempt any of these. And yes, the statutory warning of "try at your own risk".
Old 16th January 2014, 16:07   #6671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I have not used this tool, but it says it can recover data from the iTunes backup of your iPhone. It also seems to indicate being able to retrieve recordings.

I would suggest creating a copy of the backup files before you attempt any of these. And yes, the statutory warning of "try at your own risk".
gracias señor!

i shall use it and let you know if i screw up.. i mean, am successful
Old 16th January 2014, 20:31   #6672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post

What kind of recording is this? Audio or video? I have tried backup extractor to get copies of my photos and it works and does not alter or damage your iTunes backups.
Old 17th January 2014, 03:28   #6673
Senior - BHPian

anyone who has taken the reliance 3000 pm plan? thoughts? considering it.
Old 17th January 2014, 11:43   #6674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
gracias señor!

i shall use it and let you know if i screw up.. i mean, am successful
it works! i was able to the extract the recording

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
What kind of recording is this? Audio or video? I have tried backup extractor to get copies of my photos and it works and does not alter or damage your iTunes backups.
it was an audio recording. just to be safe, i backed up my iTunes backup before starting the extract. you never know when things go kaput
Old 17th January 2014, 12:14   #6675
Distinguished - BHPian

Apple is being kind to people who are broke like me. Will be selling the unsold inventory of Iphone 4 in India for about 15K. Agreed that its almost a 4 year model, but if the pricing is to be believed, should be VFM.

However, it will send the resale value of Iphone 4 southwards. But that's no brainer I guess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks