Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2014, 20:55   #6706
BANNED

iOS 8 will definitely not be supported by the 4.
If someone really wants an iPhone,buy no less than the 4S or get a preowned 5.

They'll give a little bit of future proofing.

iOS updates.
4S - 8 last
5-9 last
5S -64bit,who knows ?
Old 27th January 2014, 23:00   #6707
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for understanding my earlier statement.

Apple device age well (except the breakage) but due to technical adaptability older version of software does not enthrall humans.

I have an old iPod4 used every second of its life and I still love it to bits. However as a productivity device it had its days till last year as processing power requirement of the software has gone up. Numbers and Pages do not open on it as easily as my other iDevices. Versions issues too have started cropping up.

It still plays infinity blade but the first version and not the latest thus my statement of going for the latest at a given time as it yield much more bang for buck than the older device (depends on the usage).

Cheers!
Old 28th January 2014, 11:57   #6708
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

What's with this iPhone 4 pricing. It's on the decline day by day.
Flipkart offer is Rs.20989 for a 8 GB phone. Waiting for the Moto G launch. Perhaps then, the price would drop to something under 20K.
Old 29th January 2014, 09:22   #6709
BHPian

I've bought iPhone 4 locked one, unlocked it with Gevey SIM. unfortunately I'm stuck with iOS 4.3.5, Gevey wasn't working with iOS 5 before - any suggestions how I can upgrade my iOS with Gevey still working?
Old 29th January 2014, 11:18   #6710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
I've bought iPhone 4 locked one, unlocked it with Gevey SIM. unfortunately I'm stuck with iOS 4.3.5, Gevey wasn't working with iOS 5 before - any suggestions how I can upgrade my iOS with Gevey still working?
Factory unlock your phone using any unlock service from ebay. These services are available at a very low price. I did it myself.
Old 29th January 2014, 12:05   #6711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnil.rahate View Post
Factory unlock your phone using any unlock service from ebay. These services are available at a very low price. I did it myself.
Since his question was on options without spending money, sn0wbreeze is the only option. However, if he is willing spend, then permanent unlock is a better solution. Before proceeding further on unlock, please check whether your IMEI is eligible for an unlock.
Old 29th January 2014, 17:55   #6712
BHPian

A friend of mine has cracked his Iphone4S's screen. It appears that just the top layer is damaged and touch is working absolutely fine. He has two options now:

* Get the screen fixed at Apple store - I think this would turn out to be very expensive
* Contact some mobile repair shop at Gaffar market (famous for mobile repairing shops in Delhi) - Reliability is a concern though.

Any suggestions folks (references to known shops in Delhi/Gurgaon would also help) ?
Old 29th January 2014, 22:14   #6713
BHPian

My iPhone got smashed and screen, rear panel and battery all came apart. After the repair at a local repair shop for RS 7000, the phone is back in new like condition albeit wifi and Bluetooth connectivity. The wifi does not switch on and the toggle switch remains greyed. Bluetooth comes on but does not connect. Could this be a hardware issue or a software one. Without internet, I cannot even restore it to factory settings.

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 29th January 2014, 23:06   #6714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
Since his question was on options without spending money, sn0wbreeze is the only option. However, if he is willing spend, then permanent unlock is a better solution. Before proceeding further on unlock, please check whether your IMEI is eligible for an unlock.
These unlocks are dirt cheap and i think factory unlock is best
Old 30th January 2014, 03:38   #6715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
My iPhone got smashed and screen, rear panel and battery all came apart. After the repair at a local repair shop for RS 7000, the phone is back in new like condition albeit wifi and Bluetooth connectivity. The wifi does not switch on and the toggle switch remains greyed. Bluetooth comes on but does not connect. Could this be a hardware issue or a software one. Without internet, I cannot even restore it to factory settings.

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Did you try using cable to your laptop and using iTunes to erase?
Old 30th January 2014, 10:32   #6716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnil.rahate View Post

Anyway I already spent money for Gevey SIM, I can spend to get it permanently unlocked if it helps to upgrade iOS. can u point any specific product on eBay?
Old 30th January 2014, 11:29   #6717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Anyway I already spent money for Gevey SIM, I can spend to get it permanently unlocked if it helps to upgrade iOS. can u point any specific product on eBay?
Before trying a paid unlock service, try to contact the customer service of the service provider. If this was under a contract with AT &T, for example, you may write to icare3@amcustomercare.att-mail.com and the body of the email can be like this

Dear Sir/Madam

I am xxxxxxxxxx from xxxxx(city) in India. I have got an iPhone 4 as gift from my cousin based out of USA.

The IMEI no of this iPhone is xxxxxx.

I was informed by my cousin that the contract with AT&T has been honored completely and that the contract lock in period is already over.

I would request you to unlock this iPhone 4 so that I can use this phone in India.

I would highly appreciate your positive response in this regard.

Try your luck as this has helped a few to get the phone unlocked.

Please check the status of your phone's imei on imei.org for possibility of an unlock.
Old 3rd February 2014, 16:21   #6718
BHPian

Just be careful about the fingerprint scanners...have fun!
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-1269767_10151669377701840_1889282268_o.jpg  

Old 7th February 2014, 13:58   #6719
BHPian

Guys my dad is using iPhone 5S. It is not jailbroken. It reboots randomly on its own once a day. Is it some hardware issue?
Old 7th February 2014, 15:13   #6720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys my dad is using iPhone 5S. It is not jailbroken. It reboots randomly on its own once a day. Is it some hardware issue?
Has it been dropped down in the past? Possible that battery connection is loose. Do a hard reset by pressing power + home buttons at the same time and release them when you see apple logo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks