Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2013, 15:14   #6616
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Could you please explain how to send the messages to inbox?
What he means is to email the same. I would suggest you activate back up in whatsapp, the new versions seems to have that. And that should sort it out while setting up in the new device.
Old 16th December 2013, 17:40   #6617
BHPian

You mean that I should make a backup of my Whatsapp messages on my android phone. And then when I am setting up whatsapp on my iphone I will get a notification of restoring the backup.
Old 16th December 2013, 18:27   #6618
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You mean that I should make a backup of my Whatsapp messages on my android phone. And then when I am setting up whatsapp on my iphone I will get a notification of restoring the backup.
Yes. Goto settings inside whatsapp, see if you have something like back up, it gives you option to do daily, weekly back up etc. Activate that to create a back up. This should help you restore the same in iOS from your whatsapp account. I have not tried it but should work.

http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/android/23756533
Old 16th December 2013, 19:03   #6619
BHPian

Quote:
Could you please explain how to send the messages to inbox?
Open a chat and go to contact info. Scroll down, you should see an option "email Conversation".
http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/wp/22548236
Old 18th December 2013, 07:50   #6620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
Whether these phones are under contract or is the contract period over? Depending on the reply, iphones upto 4s can be unlocked. Applenberry is offereing this unlock for $20. Though iphone 5 can be unlocked, it is temporarily unavailable. Check the IMEI no of the phone with this site for possibility of iPhone 4S unlock.
Thanks Gokrish. I have brought a iPhone 5. It was under contract which has now been upgraded to 5S so I hope that the 5 with me will be free from contract. I checked Applenberry and it seems that they can only unlock AT&T iPhone.

Can you recommend any other solution.
Old 18th December 2013, 15:25   #6621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
Thanks Gokrish. I have brought a iPhone 5. It was under contract which has now been upgraded to 5S so I hope that the 5 with me will be free from contract. I checked Applenberry and it seems that they can only unlock AT&T iPhone.

Can you recommend any other solution.
Did you buy it under contract or a friend? if thats the case then go to this link and request a unlock since the 5 was upgraded to the 5S it should be unlockable unless it was on a different line

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

(AT&T will do it for free, thats how i unlocked mine when i payed the ETF)
Old 18th December 2013, 16:53   #6622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond_dawg View Post
Did you buy it under contract or a friend? if thats the case then go to this link and request a unlock since the 5 was upgraded to the 5S it should be unlockable unless it was on a different line https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/ (AT&T will do it for free, thats how i unlocked mine when i payed the ETF)
Thanks. I will try that but I doubt it will work because my son took it from O2 of UK. I am also asking him to talk to O2. It will be best if O2 does it.
Old 18th December 2013, 16:59   #6623
BHPian

Can anyone help me with the below queries

Is there a unified inbox app for iPhone like all messages email in one folder

With newer version of os is it still complicated to load ringtones in that sounds menu

Is there any casing which converts white iPhone to black
Old 18th December 2013, 18:24   #6624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Can anyone help me with the below queries

Is there a unified inbox app for iPhone like all messages email in one folder

With newer version of os is it still complicated to load ringtones in that sounds menu

Is there any casing which converts white iPhone to black

Yes,There is a unified Inbox app.
I never found it difficult to load ringtones on the iphone. Yes you cannot add a ringtone like you would do on any other phone.
Itunes itself can be used and no other app would be necessary.
Once you start using the phone being unable to transfer files through bluetooth will never be a cause for concern.

A lot of cases (external) will be available on the internet.I dont think that would be an issue.
Also if you go for the 5s grey is as close to black as possible.

Always remember iPhone cannot be subtituted for a normal Tab or a PC.
You will always need a PC for the phone and the iphone can be synced only with One PC.
Old 18th December 2013, 20:23   #6625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
Yes,There is a unified Inbox app.
I googled it however i couldnt find any TRUE unified app. I was a BB user for few years and there you had the option for all e-mails, chats, notifications, sent items, in one SINGLE folder. I wasn't able to find any app in IOS which is close to that. Will have to live with it

Quote:
I never found it difficult to load ringtones on the iphone. Yes you cannot add a ringtone like you would do on any other phone.
Itunes itself can be used and no other app would be necessary.
Does android works like that too? Not sure.
Someone forgot about "Ease of use" here. Will have to live with it.

Quote:
A lot of cases (external) will be available on the internet.I dont think that would be an issue.
Also if you go for the 5s grey is as close to black as possible.
My wife has a white Iphone4 on which i was planning to put a casing which would make it black. After a lot of search, i concluded that i cannot completely hide the white color except by changing the front and back housing. Will have to live with it.
Old 18th December 2013, 21:55   #6626
BHPian

Quote:
I googled it however i couldnt find any TRUE unified app. I was a BB user for few years and there you had the option for all e-mails, chats, notifications, sent items, in one SINGLE folder. I wasn't able to find any app in IOS which is close to that. Will have to live with it
If u download the Yahoo app you will have yahoo unifed chat,mail calendar etc.Same for gmail.
I have been an user of the iPhone since 2007 so have no idea how the blackberry app was.

Quote:
Does android works like that too? Not sure.
Someone forgot about "Ease of use" here. Will have to live with it.
In android any mp3 can be set as a ringtone.
However in an iPhone the ringtone has to have a m4r extension which can be added only via itunes.

Quote:
My wife has a white Iphone4 on which i was planning to put a casing which would make it black. After a lot of search, i concluded that i cannot completely hide the white color except by changing the front and back housing. Will have to live with it.
The phone has a uni body design.
I too owned the iPhone 4 for 3 years.
It was the best looking iPhone ever.Can you please explain what you would like to hide? I think a wide variety of cases and covers are available for the iPhone
Old 18th December 2013, 21:58   #6627
mvp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Can anyone help me with the below queries Is there a unified inbox app for iPhone like all messages email in one folder With newer version of os is it still complicated to load ringtones in that sounds menu Is there any casing which converts white iPhone to black
You can have a unified inbox for multiple email accounts. Use the "Mails" which comes with iOS in the home screen and you don't need to download any other app

Go to settings- mails - add accounts and complete the procedure. For more details visit the below link

http://www.apple.com/in/support/iphone/mail/
Old 18th December 2013, 22:09   #6628
mvp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
I got the LTE option displayed as well after the carrier update. But even though I select it, only 3G shows up. Should we subscribe for a 4G connection or something?
Iphone or any other handset sold in India does not support 4G LTE in India yet. Only data services are available in select cities as of now and need to use either through dongle or wifi equipment.

Mukesh Ambani's Reliance JioInfocomm is expected to launch 4G data and voice services some time next year. They would launch their own handsets which would be compatible to 4G. Remember the 501 RS CDMA handsets rolled out by Anil Ambani several years ago?
Old 19th December 2013, 00:48   #6629
BHPian

Quote:
I have been an user of the iPhone since 2007 so have no idea how the blackberry app was.
Here is how it works in BB - You tap 1 mail icon and inside that icon, you will see the following :
1. Personal e-mails (Yahoo, gmail, hotmail, aol etc)
2. Office e-mails
3. Facebook notifications
4. Whatsapp notifications
5. Sent items for each e-mail account you added. This is denoted by a check mark before that e-mail.

This means that from ease of use perspective, you do not need to go to each and every mail FOLDER / ICON to view the e-mail. All inside one icon. In case you still need to go to each e-mail, you have different folders for each e-mail.

Quote:
In android any mp3 can be set as a ringtone.
However in an iPhone the ringtone has to have a m4r extension which can be added only via itunes.
Got it.

Quote:
Can you please explain what you would like to hide? I think a wide variety of cases and covers are available for the iPhone
The white color is what i was planning to hide. I think its getting to a point where i would leave it as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp View Post
You can have a unified inbox for multiple email accounts. Use the "Mails" which comes with iOS in the home screen and you don't need to download any other app

Go to settings- mails - add accounts and complete the procedure. For more details visit the below link

http://www.apple.com/in/support/iphone/mail/
Thanks, but this is only talks about basic adding for a/c's. Welcome to team-bhp by the way
Old 20th December 2013, 16:38   #6630
BHPian

Hope everyone downloaded "12 days of gift" app.
This app will give us free music/movies/apps that are offered as gift between Dec 26 and Jan 6.
Waiting for Dec 26th for what kind of app we will be getting as free

PS: I don't understand why this app should be 64MB in size that should just show us what music/video/apps are free for that day.

Most Viewed