Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2013, 13:23   #6571
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

I keep hearing this 13K price break upon exchanging IP4 for IP5c. My wife has a 3 year old IP4. So I decided to check the price of IP5c and came back fuming. I can almost buy two Lumia phones for that price while keeping the IP4. The IP5c is supposedly the cheapo version. The iPhone prices just don't make sense to me.
Old 23rd November 2013, 14:07   #6572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
All these are USA CDMA handsets heavily subsidized by the carriers. Will be hell of a task to get them working here and that too only with Indian CDMA companies. All in all the handsets are of no use to us here unless someone can get'em programmed for voice and data for Reliance or TATA CDMA.
Actually all Iphones from the US will work on GSM even tho they are CDMA cause they are global phones. I am using the Verizon Iphone 5(CDMA) on vodafone. and link of the first phone is for AT&T which is GSM

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1637205
Old 23rd November 2013, 14:22   #6573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I keep hearing this 13K price break upon exchanging IP4 for IP5c. My wife has a 3 year old IP4. So I decided to check the price of IP5c and came back fuming. I can almost buy two Lumia phones for that price while keeping the IP4. The IP5c is supposedly the cheapo version. The iPhone prices just don't make sense to me.
It's not the el cheapo version; it's the colour version minus the fingerprint sensor for the NSA

Btw, I check at Imagine store and they said that the exchange price is 7k change for the iPhone 4 8GB model and 9k change for the 16GB version (with all the box and accessories). The iPhone 5c 16GB is 41,900/-.

How come Redington is giving minimum 13k for iPhone 4?
Old 24th November 2013, 14:04   #6574
BHPian

As per the current scenario, which one would be apt. Buying a 4S 8GB or 5C ? Is there any buy back to get 4S ?
Old 24th November 2013, 14:17   #6575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
As per the current scenario, which one would be apt. Buying a 4S 8GB or 5C ? Is there any buy back to get 4S ?
I will suggest Iphone 5c. As it is Iphone 5 in plastic body. It is faster than 4s and has a bigger screen.
Old 24th November 2013, 15:35   #6576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
I will suggest Iphone 5c. As it is Iphone 5 in plastic body. It is faster than 4s and has a bigger screen.
Ok. I have the S3 and Lumia 720. Will any of them be accepted for a buy back, if yes, how much I can expect. Is this offer available only in the Apple stores or any retails like croma, RD et al.
Old 24th November 2013, 17:24   #6577
BHPian

Quote:
Ok. I have the S3 and Lumia 720. Will any of them be accepted for a buy back, if yes, how much I can expect. Is this offer available only in the Apple stores or any retails like croma, RD et al.
Yes Galaxy S3 is listed in the list of devices for buyback scheme. Money you will get on the basis od condition etc. I think it should be available at retail outlets also.
Old 24th November 2013, 21:44   #6578
BHPian

Quote:
Yes Galaxy S3 is listed in the list of devices for buyback scheme. Money you will get on the basis od condition etc. I think it should be available at retail outlets also.
Bought the iPhone 5C from Croma. Exchanged with S3 which went for 16k
The phone is very bad in its looks, so 16k was like a ice in cake.
Took much time to select the color. Impressed on Green, but unfortunately it was not available in any of their stores or warehouse. Finally selected the brick color, mainly because, rest all colors are available in the Lumia. Yet to open the case and enjoy it.
Old 24th November 2013, 21:46   #6579
BHPian

Quote:
Took much time to select the color. Impressed on Green, but unfortunately it was not available in any of their stores or warehouse. Finally selected the brick color, mainly because, rest all colors are available in the Lumia. Yet to open the case and enjoy it.
Congrats on your new purchase. You will definitely enjoy it.
Old 24th November 2013, 22:10   #6580
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats bro! Do tell us about your initial impressions about the phone and post some pics .
Old 24th November 2013, 22:20   #6581
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You mean icing on the cake. Anyway, what do you mean phone is very bad in looks, why did you buy then?
Old 24th November 2013, 22:32   #6582
BHPian

Quote:
You mean icing on the cake. Anyway, what do you mean phone is very bad in looks, why did you buy then?
He means to say that S3 was not in good condition.
Old 25th November 2013, 08:44   #6583
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your new purchase. You will definitely enjoy it.
I came from Androids and the new refreshing look of iOS, new features are a refresher. And holding a premium model feels me contended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpcard View Post
Congrats bro! Do tell us about your initial impressions about the phone and post some pics .
The iPhone 5C is unusually packed in iPod like case, with a plastic sheet wrapped the case. This sheet itself looks like the S Case of Samsungs. Not sure if this is intentional.
Apple is all about KISS. Open the case, you can find the phone neatly tucked in a plastic container, beneath that the 3-4 flyers and 2 Apple logo stickers.
Lightning cable, ultra sleek charger unit and the ear pod. The flyer also houses the sim ejection tool.
The phone itself looks very narrow, due to the lightly side bulk of the plastic.
The plastic used doesnt look cheap, they are glossy and sturdy. But proper precaution to be taken to keep it scratch free. A case is highly recommended.
I came from 3GS, so iOS 7 UI is very fresh. Just started to download all necessary apps and till now, feel the phone still has a premium look and finish.

Quote:
Quote:
He means to say that S3 was not in good condition.
Yes, I meant about the S3. For some reason, the back panel was not that good looking and the side aluminium lining color started to peel off. I came across a ad which was selling used S3 for 8k. So this 16k is a huge relief and we immediately took the decision. They were even willing to take my 720 for 12k, so this buy back is too good. I am a happy fella to be back in the iPhone family.
Old 26th November 2013, 14:35   #6584
Senior - BHPian

I was not looking at upgrading, but got a nice offer of 12.5K for my 3 year old iphone 4.

Got the 5s. Nice phone. Fast, great cam with some tricks. Love the touch ID. Saves time bypassing the number lock, but secure. Better audio, and as usual excellent build quality.
Old 26th November 2013, 14:47   #6585
BHPian

Congrats on your new purchase. You got your iPhone exchanged?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks