Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2013, 23:49   #6631
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Hi Guys,

My father, who is currently using an Android phone (Xperia Sola) is thinking of buying an Iphone 5S. How can I transfer the contacts/SMS'es from Sola to Iphone 5S. Can it be done without downloading any app from the playstore? I have synced the contacts on Gmail from his current Android phone. Is that sufficient? What about SMSes?
Old 21st December 2013, 06:14   #6632
BHPian

After syncing the contacts with Gmail you transfer them on iCloud. You have to create an ID to use iCloud. For sms there is a software called backuptrans to transfer data including sms from android phone to iphone. And there is one more software called mobiletrans. You can use any one of these and you are done.
Old 21st December 2013, 09:06   #6633
BHPian

No need to sync them on iCloud.
You can use gmail contacts on the iphone directly from itunes.
Old 21st December 2013, 16:51   #6634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
After syncing the contacts with Gmail you transfer them on iCloud. You have to create an ID to use iCloud. For sms there is a software called backuptrans to transfer data including sms from android phone to iphone. And there is one more software called mobiletrans. You can use any one of these and you are done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
No need to sync them on iCloud.
You can use gmail contacts on the iphone directly from itunes.
Thanks guys! Bought the Iphone 5S 16GB. Downloaded the Gmail app and just synced the contacts and it was done! A very easy process indeed.
Old 24th December 2013, 09:39   #6635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
You mean that I should make a backup of my Whatsapp messages on my android phone. And then when I am setting up whatsapp on my iphone I will get a notification of restoring the backup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Yes. Goto settings inside whatsapp, see if you have something like back up, it gives you option to do daily, weekly back up etc. Activate that to create a back up. This should help you restore the same in iOS from your whatsapp account. I have not tried it but should work.

http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/android/23756533
That's not the way it works.
Backing up will back up your chat messages to your sd card, not to your whatsapp account. After backing up, you could re-install whatsapp on the same phone, or you could insert the memory card into a new android phone and install whatsapp on the new phone. Either way, you'd get an option to restore your chat messages.
Since iPhone does not have an sd card slot, this method isn't going to work.
Unfortunately, there seems to be no way to restore messages cross-platform

http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/general/21002842
Old 24th December 2013, 10:02   #6636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonXRi94 View Post
That's not the way it works.
Backing up will back up your chat messages to your sd card, not to your whatsapp account. After backing up, you could re-install whatsapp on the same phone, or you could insert the memory card into a new android phone and install whatsapp on the new phone. Either way, you'd get an option to restore your chat messages.
Since iPhone does not have an sd card slot, this method isn't going to work.
Unfortunately, there seems to be no way to restore messages cross-platform

http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/general/21002842
Yes you are right. I could not restore my messages.
Old 24th December 2013, 10:36   #6637
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Facing an irritating issue on the IPhone 5S - The volume during making/receiving calls is extremely low. My dad is using that phone and when he calls me – He can hear my voice but I am not able to hear his voice at all. I am not sure if it is because of bad signal or what – will observe it over the next few days. But is this a known problem? Any ways to solve this?

This is a major irritant because calling is the most basic requirement of a phone and a phone costing 50k should be able to that. I am not sure if it is a defect or something. Any advice here guys?
Old 24th December 2013, 14:44   #6638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Hi Guys,
Facing an irritating issue on the IPhone 5S - The volume during making/receiving calls is extremely low.
One of my colleagues is using 5s and faces no such issue.

By any chance you stuck screen guard and did not remove the cover over the speaker area?
Old 24th December 2013, 18:02   #6639
mvp
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys, Facing an irritating issue on the IPhone 5S - The volume during making/receiving calls is extremely low. My dad is using that phone and when he calls me – He can hear my voice but I am not able to hear his voice at all. I am not sure if it is because of bad signal or what – will observe it over the next few days. But is this a known problem? Any ways to solve this? This is a major irritant because calling is the most basic requirement of a phone and a phone costing 50k should be able to that. I am not sure if it is a defect or something. Any advice here guys?
Hi, I hope you have ensured that your dad is not muting the call by oversight. If not, update the software and check once. If the problem persists, visit their service centre and I am sure you would get a free replacement.
Old 24th December 2013, 21:28   #6640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
One of my colleagues is using 5s and faces no such issue.

By any chance you stuck screen guard and did not remove the cover over the speaker area?
I have put a screen guard but it does not cover the speaker at all.
Old 25th December 2013, 12:08   #6641
BHPian

I would suggest that you check that screen Guard application carefully. Sometimes that cut out for the speaker does not come out by itself while fixing. If you still find that this does not solve your issue, don't hesitate to take it to the apple store where you bought it from.
Old 26th December 2013, 07:52   #6642
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys, Facing an irritating issue on the IPhone 5S Any ways to solve this? Any advice here guys?
My suggestion would be to visit iPhone authorised service centre, I had a similar issue on my iPhone 4S while I was at Bangkok, they were able to rectify this on the same day. My wife is using the phone now and she have not faced that issue again, it's more than two years since then.

Cheers!
Old 26th December 2013, 21:37   #6643
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Facing an irritating issue on the IPhone 5S - The volume during making/receiving calls is extremely low.
Go to settings>volume and slide the volume down to zero and restart the phone. On reboot increase the volume.
Option 2- try to clean the earpiece with paint brush (with soft bristles). This will too improve the sound quality.
Old 26th December 2013, 21:48   #6644
Team-BHP Support

Dad is using 5S, so its the mic and NOT the speaker.

Try doing a restore of software, check if anything including hands are covering the mic area and then proceed to service centre. Do check if something is blocking the mike on the rear side next to the camera lens/flash also, just to rule out any interference.
Old 27th December 2013, 01:46   #6645
Senior - BHPian

A common mistake that people often do is put their thumb or finger accidentally over the mic. So check whether that's the case.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks