Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2013, 10:57   #6646
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

>>>

Not sure if this has been answered anywhere above or not. If yes, please direct me to the relevant post(s), if not, please advice.

I am unable to video stream live cricket on my iPhone 5 from live.tensports.com on all three - Chrome, Safari and on Google. The error message is : Error loading player. No playable sources found.
I am overseas.

Please let me know if I have to re-configure anything to get the video streaming, on this the fifth & last day of the Durban test. :-)

Regards
Old 30th December 2013, 11:08   #6647
mvp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>> Not sure if this has been answered anywhere above or not. If yes, please direct me to the relevant post(s), if not, please advice. I am unable to video stream live cricket on my iPhone 5 from live.tensports.com on all three - Chrome, Safari and on Google. The error message is : Error loading player. No playable sources found. I am overseas. Please let me know if I have to re-configure anything to get the video streaming, on this the fifth & last day of the Durban test. :-) Regards
I could not watch IPL 2013 from any of the browsers on my iPhone. I could watch with a paid subscription using the app - Box TV.

Try downloading the Ten Sports app from apple store and try your luck.
Old 30th December 2013, 11:46   #6648
BHPian

>>>

mvp,
Thank you. Have also texted the App retail outlet in Bombay from where I buy Apple products for advise. Is the app called BoxTV in Apple Store?

Regards
Old 30th December 2013, 11:59   #6649
BHPian

Hi Friends,

Can anyone help me in locating a good datacable for 4/4S in any online portal ? It would be great if anyone can point to something they have already used. Apple outlet wants me to shell out 1500 bucks for the datacable alone

I have tried couple them bought at local mobile stores for 200 bucks but they have not been good obviously.
Old 30th December 2013, 12:29   #6650
BHPian

How many users on 7.0.4 are facing wifi disconnection issues?
Old 30th December 2013, 12:33   #6651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recompose View Post
How many users on 7.0.4 are facing wifi disconnection issues?
I'm not facing any.
I'm on 7.0.4 on a 5c
Old 30th December 2013, 12:46   #6652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
I have tried couple them bought at local mobile stores for 200 bucks but they have not been good obviously.
Unless you buy original Apple ones, you are in for a lottery. I once bought Capdase (about Rs. 550) about 2 years and it lasted for less than 2 years.

I've the original Apple cable that came with iPod Classic over 6 years ago. It is in my car since 4 years, through all the heat and cold and is performing extremely well
Old 30th December 2013, 14:03   #6653
mvp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>> mvp, Thank you. Have also texted the App retail outlet in Bombay from where I buy Apple products for advise. Is the app called BoxTV in Apple Store? Regards
The app box tv is available in the apple store.
Old 30th December 2013, 14:06   #6654
mvp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Hi Friends, Can anyone help me in locating a good datacable for 4/4S in any online portal ? It would be great if anyone can point to something they have already used. Apple outlet wants me to shell out 1500 bucks for the datacable alone I have tried couple them bought at local mobile stores for 200 bucks but they have not been good obviously.
You have warranty from apple for one year and it is best to use them. I have also used the 200 RS stuff and it works well too. The local datacable is fine but the original power supply adapter is most preferable.
Old 4th January 2014, 09:14   #6655
Senior - BHPian

Guys can any of you direct me on how to use Multi Quote on the Team BHP app for the iPhone ?
Old 5th January 2014, 05:00   #6656
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Guys can any of you direct me on how to use Multi Quote on the Team BHP app for the iPhone ?

When you touch the little red downward pointing arrow on the right of your screen when attempting to reply to or quote a post, you will see a fourth option on the extreme left which is a little white box. Touch it and it will get selected. Go to the next post in your series of desired multi quotes and do the same thing...and so on until all the quotes you wish to reference are done.
Then press the tab for 'New Reply' and you will be prompted about your multi - quotes. Try it!
Old 11th January 2014, 19:47   #6657
Distinguished - BHPian

Need help.

I have upgraded to Ios 7.0.4. After that the automatic weather update is not working. For the current location temperature i have to select the place by entering the location name or pin code. Earlier it used to update the location automatically and give the weather details. My location service is on and its on for the weather too. I tried putting it off and on, restarting the phone but still its all the same. I never faced this issue with Ios 6.xx. I tried restoring the phone to a previous date too but still its the same.

Another issue is with this upgrade the wifi signal has become much weaker. Previously where i used to get connected with the wifi now it simply don't get connected. Plus in the last one month i had to restart my phone twice because of certain apps getting hanged.

Earlier i never had these issues.

I use an Iphone 5.

Last edited by Samba : 11th January 2014 at 19:49.
Old 12th January 2014, 10:11   #6658
BHPian

iOS 7 on my iPhone 4 has progressively slowed down over the last few months. Basic operations like making/receiving phone calls, typing on the onscreen keyboard had become a big pain. So I finally bit the bullet and re-installed iOS 7.0.4 and then restored my data from backup. It has made a world of difference -- so much so that I have enabled all the UI candy stuff and the phone is still performing admirably, even after three and a half years.

This is the first time I have 'reformatted' my iPhone since I upgraded to iOS 6. I've always upgraded to newer versions using the OTA updates. I guess starting from a clean slate helped. Hats off to Apple for ensuring that the third major OS revision, since the iPhone 4 was released, works great on the phone.

The only major grouse --the proximity sensor has stopped working in the phone app. It works fine for Skype and other calling apps but not for the phone app. Any suggestions?
Old 12th January 2014, 10:28   #6659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
iOS 7 on my iPhone 4 has progressively slowed down over the last few months. Basic operations like making/receiving phone calls, typing on the onscreen keyboard had become a big pain. So I finally bit the bullet and re-installed iOS 7.0.4 and then restored my data from backup. It has made a world of difference -- so much so that I have enabled all the UI candy stuff and the phone is still performing admirably, even after three and a half years. This is the first time I have 'reformatted' my iPhone since I upgraded to iOS 6. I've always upgraded to newer versions using the OTA updates. I guess starting from a clean slate helped. Hats off to Apple for ensuring that the third major OS revision, since the iPhone 4 was released, works great on the phone. The only major grouse --the proximity sensor has stopped working in the phone app. It works fine for Skype and other calling apps but not for the phone app. Any suggestions?
I too have a similar concern and was thinking of this same reset/reformat option since some weeks. Have read about positive results so far and here goes one from you too. Not far from jumping in, but currently my laptop is not in service, so one it comes back I am sure I will be following this step, otherwise as mentioned, it is too too laggy when required (if not in a hurry I can live with it) and I end up pressing in wrong areas in that hurry. Of course, bit scared of some feature here or there not functioning correctly after the restore is a question. Have a Q- contacts I can back up and restore. What about some other trivial stuff like- sms messages, whatsapp messages, notes, safari favorites, voice memos, some other app data etc. which are possible which are not? Was it a full restore? And if you don't mind what were steps that you personally tried in your process?
Old 12th January 2014, 11:33   #6660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
iOS 7 on my iPhone 4 has progressively slowed down over the last few months. Basic operations like making/receiving phone calls, typing on the onscreen keyboard had become a big pain.
The situation for my iPhone 4 became so bad that using the basic functions was becoming a pain. In areas where I never used to have problems with the signal I started having problems getting the network! A while later apps like Viber, Skype, WhatsApp and a few others started hanging regularly. Reinstalled the iOS couple of times, but no avail.

Finally frustration got the better of me. I exchanged my iPhone 4 for a Samsung Note 3. Never been happier

Might return to Apple for iPhone 7

Last edited by IronH4WK : 12th January 2014 at 11:34.

Most Viewed