Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2016, 20:03   #9661
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruchir031 View Post
Actually, a friend of mine did. He was refused for any warranty claims too.

You're welcome, hope I could help enough.
Which model did he have? Was that the same as that sold in India?

Actually even the apple India website shows coverage active when you enter an imei from a phone bought elsewhere. So that maybe why the apple customer support says it is covered in warranty.
Old 3rd December 2016, 20:10   #9662
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Which model did he have? Was that the same as that sold in India?
He has the same 7 Plus model as mine, A1784, which is sold in India. The MacBook's do come with the global warranty but I guess not the iPhone's. Maybe they do and I might have had a bad luck with that particular service center.
Old 4th December 2016, 00:32   #9663
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruchir031 View Post
He has the same 7 Plus model as mine, A1784, which is sold in India. The MacBook's do come with the global warranty but I guess not the iPhone's. Maybe they do and I might have had a bad luck with that particular service center.
Oh that's a very bad luck indeed, or maybe they don't honor the warranty if bought somewhere else. It's getting petty confusing it seems.

Thanks
Old 4th December 2016, 10:32   #9664
BHPian

My phone shut down today while typing a message on whatsapp with 6-7% battery. It's happened just once before, 1-2 months back while listening to music at 6-7% battery levels. I occassionally use my phone till it hits 1-2% before plugging it in at the end of the day. Should I be worried? Phone is a 6S and as per serial number it is elligible for a battery replacement. Please advise. Since it's happened only twice in almost a year, I was thinking to observe and see how it goes. The battery replacement program is valid for 3 years from the date of purchase. Has anyone experience this and got the battery changed?

Thanks in advance,
Promit
Old 4th December 2016, 11:03   #9665
BHPian

Hey all Apple buddies ! Need a opinion! Is it worth buying a iPhone 6 at around 26.5k with an exchange for iPhone 4 in flipkart ? My IP4 is almost 3 years old getting in value of 6300 rs in this offer . IP6 will become my primary phone if I go ahead for this deal - . I currently have Moto G turbo and very happy with it !
Old 4th December 2016, 12:19   #9666

I'm assuming you're getting a 16GB iPhone 6. Given the fact that iPhone 6 has seen some years and the fact that 16 GB is way too less for today's content, I would rather have you wait and get a 32GB 6S if you can stretch your budget by 10-15K. If budget is not flexible, why not consider the OnePlus 3/3T? They are excellent phones!
Old 8th December 2016, 04:29   #9667
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
I was a long time Apple user and even with the 7 there was really nothing new in the phone since the last 3 years. To put it simply very very boring phone, nothing to personalize or do. Was fed up and decided to move on.

Cheers

Hi Cyborg

Can you tell me how did you sell your iPhone?

I am having a gps issue which apple is not acknowledging! It's been going on for the past 2 months. The gps works fine only in wifi and its acting crazy in mobile data irrespective of the carrier!
😞The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1481151479.308671.jpgThe iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1481151500.413321.jpg
The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1481151562.928258.jpg

Edit: Any feedback on iPhone SE?

Last edited by sairamboko : 8th December 2016 at 04:48.
Old 8th December 2016, 13:09   #9668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Hi Cyborg

Can you tell me how did you sell your iPhone?

Edit: Any feedback on iPhone SE?
Hi Sairam,

I put an free advertisement on OLX, it got sold on the 3rd day.

People who want a smaller form factor but would like to have the latest software on their iPhone would buy an SE. There is decent market for this which Apple have tapped into. No real feedback to offer mate.

Do the usual hard boot restart, factory reset and if still does not work call Apple support on 0008001009009 toll free.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance and hope your issue gets sorted out soonest.

Cheers
Old 8th December 2016, 13:35   #9669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnana View Post
Hey all Apple buddies ! Need a opinion! Is it worth buying a iPhone 6 at around 26.5k with an exchange for iPhone 4 in flipkart ? My IP4 is almost 3 years old getting in value of 6300 rs in this offer . IP6 will become my primary phone if I go ahead for this deal - . I currently have Moto G turbo and very happy with it !
Check what are prices for iPhone 6s 32Gb . iPhone 6 16Gb for 27K that too after exchange is not good deal . You are almost paying 33k for iPhone 6 16gb . If you get any good for deals for 6s 32gb or 64gb that would be my suggestion , it has better camera in 6s and also force touch . 16gb in an iPhone is no good .
Old 8th December 2016, 14:04   #9670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Hi Sairam,

I put an free advertisement on OLX, it got sold on the 3rd day.

People who want a smaller form factor but would like to have the latest software on their iPhone would buy an SE. There is decent market for this which Apple have tapped into. No real feedback to offer mate.

Do the usual hard boot restart, factory reset and if still does not work call Apple support on 0008001009009 toll free.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance and hope your issue gets sorted out soonest.

Cheers

Thank you cyborg! I was able to visit and fight with the service centre. They are giving me a replacement iPhone today evening !! They were not able to do anything, even factory reset didn't fix the issue. Hope the replacement phone works fine.
Old 10th December 2016, 23:38   #9671
Distinguished - BHPian

Got myself into a problem. I'm using iPhone 4s and updated it to ios9.3.5; the last update supported. After that the performance took a hit. Realising that I cannot roll back to 7.1.2, I first backed up my phone on my MacBook 2008 (through iTunes) running snow leopard and performed a hard reset on phone in an attempt to clear temporary files. All good so far.

Problem started after the phone rebooted. When I connected back my phone to iTunes on my MacBook, it gave a message that this version of iTunes is not supported and I must update my iTunes to latest version. Now, my 2008 MacBook doesn't support new version of iTunes and my phone's OS cannot be rolled back. So basically I'm stuck in a dead lock. Catch 22 indeed.
I don't care much about messages and contacts. I don't mind losing old messages and I have updated contacts through iCloud. But my phone previously had notes plus software and I have some important notes stored in there. The laptop has the back up. Just not able to restore it.

It'll be very helpful if anyone can suggest a way to instal that backup.

PS: I don't need a new laptop.
Old 11th December 2016, 00:35   #9672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Got myself into a problem. I'm using iPhone 4s and updated it to ios9.3.5; the last update supported. After that the performance took a hit. Realising that I cannot roll back to 7.1.2, I first backed up my phone on my MacBook 2008 (through iTunes) running snow leopard and performed a hard reset on phone in an attempt to clear temporary files. All good so far.

Problem started after the phone rebooted. When I connected back my phone to iTunes on my MacBook, it gave a message that this version of iTunes is not supported and I must update my iTunes to latest version. Now, my 2008 MacBook doesn't support new version of iTunes and my phone's OS cannot be rolled back. So basically I'm stuck in a dead lock. Catch 22 indeed.
I don't care much about messages and contacts. I don't mind losing old messages and I have updated contacts through iCloud. But my phone previously had notes plus software and I have some important notes stored in there. The laptop has the back up. Just not able to restore it.

Try moving the backup and your itunes library files to a more recent device and restore from there.
I did so something similar a few years ago where i had wiped clean my PC, but had a backup of the files. Not tried on MacOs though
Old 11th December 2016, 14:22   #9673
BHPian

Quote:

I am/was in the same boat. Snow leopard with the latest applicable iTunes on it. Once I moved to iOS8 or 9, apple has stopped signing the older iTunes on newer iOSs. My problem was with transferring my music. So I just installed the latest iTunes on my work laptop (windows). I use a thumb drive to load the songs into the new machine and then delete everything. My 2010 MBP is actually my music master vault and I wasn't in the mood to make so many changes to the ecosystem just because apple decided to make its users upgrade their hardware by blocking their softwares. To upgrade iTunes, I need to upgrade my OS X. To do that, I need to upgrade my RAM and hard drive. Too much of a hassle. Snow leopard is bug free.. works like a charm and I never needed any anti virus softwares.

Your option now would be to implant the backup on a newer machine with latest iTunes. Getting dirty with the directories and cut/copy-paste is the only option.
Old 11th December 2016, 15:03   #9674
Distinguished - BHPian

I tried moving the backup folder to a new windows laptop but the iTunes there doesn't give me an option to browse for the location of the backup. There's just a drop down box with no browse option.

How did you guys manage to restore backups moved in from different machines?
Thanks.
Old 12th December 2016, 09:10   #9675
BHPian

Quote:
I tried moving the backup folder to a new windows laptop but the iTunes there doesn't give me an option to browse for the location of the backup.
iTunes never give option to browse iPhone backup as far as my memory serves.
If you are on windows, try copying your backup to
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

and then open iTunes. It should automatically detect the backup in drop down.

Most Viewed