Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2015, 13:08   #7576
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Hi All,

yesterday my Iphone 4S stopped charging , when i connect the charger i hear beep and also charging icon but the battery level has not increased in fact it has decreased and now phone is no longer booting up.

i have tried to clean up the connector/ tried other chargers / plugged in PC but it did not help.

please suggest a good Iphone repair shop in delhi / gurgaon.

the phone was bough in Singapore and i believe apple service will not take it ( even if i agree to pay the costs)
Apple does not repair, them. They will offer you a replacement for an X amount of money.
Old 27th February 2015, 14:05   #7577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Apple does not repair, them. They will offer you a replacement for an X amount of money.
Are you sure? I had an iPhone 4 earlier which was bought from Singapore. None of the apple authorized service centers accepted the phone for service or replacement even if I was ready to pay. I have tried imagine stores, Redington, etc. but all of them refused to even the take the phone for service. Finally did the work in the grey market and its been couple of years since and still working good. After that, I have purchased iPhones from India only for the service and warranty availability. When I approached the same imagine store with iPhone 5 which was purchased in India, with the power button issue (which was working but became a li'l less sensitive), they just replaced the phone with a brand new one without any further questions. Even if it is slightly more expensive in India, if you get that kinda service, then it is worth it to buy from India only.

Is the warranty treated the same way these days, like only applicable to products purchased from Apple India or they accept international warranty?
Old 27th February 2015, 15:43   #7578
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Are you sure? I had an iPhone 4 earlier which was bought from Singapore. None of the apple authorized service centers accepted the phone for service or replacement even if I was ready to pay. I have tried imagine stores, Redington, etc. but all of them refused to even the take the phone for service. Finally did the work in the grey market and its been couple of years since and still working good. After that, I have purchased iPhones from India only for the service and warranty availability. When I approached the same imagine store with iPhone 5 which was purchased in India, with the power button issue (which was working but became a li'l less sensitive), they just replaced the phone with a brand new one without any further questions. Even if it is slightly more expensive in India, if you get that kinda service, then it is worth it to buy from India only.

Is the warranty treated the same way these days, like only applicable to products purchased from Apple India or they accept international warranty?
Warranty is serviced only in the region or country from where the device is bought. I have spent more than 4K on repairs of my iPhone so the cost saving in overseas buy is diminished substantially.
Old 27th February 2015, 18:47   #7579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain
Having tried Zion Delhi, I would vote against it. They ripped me off by 2K for a power on off button replacement on my iPhone 5 which stopped working within 2 months. The experience was made worse due to the fact that the first time they handed over the repaired phone, the vibration alert had altogether stopped working. So my job was done in two visits instead of one.

Got it repaired again from gadgetwood.com and so far working fine. This site provided home pick up and delivery and keeps you updated on the status through phone. They have a shop in West Delhi.

Both service providers offer one month warranty only.
Booked an appointment with Gadgetwood and hoping for a speedy recovery and keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ911
here is a pretty good repair shop called Zion technologies in Gurgaon with which I've had a very good experience. But, before that, try putting your phone in the freezer for 5 minutes and then try to charge it again. Your battery seems to have given up, so try this last party trick. Maybe it helps.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion , but Gadgetwood is near by so can do multiple visits.(if required)
Old 4th March 2015, 19:17   #7580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid;
Booked an appointment with Gadgetwood and hoping for a speedy recovery and keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion , but Gadgetwood is near by so can do multiple visits.(if required)
an update gadgetwood repaired the phone Rs 2000 ( 750 service charge and 1400 Power charge IC )

looks expensive

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 4th March 2015 at 19:29.
Old 5th March 2015, 00:05   #7581
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
an update gadgetwood repaired the phone Rs 2000 ( 750 service charge and 1400 Power charge IC )

looks expensive
Yes they would be more expensive than your local repair shops. Hope the repair quality and parts would be better to justify the cost.
Old 6th March 2015, 22:33   #7582
BHPian

Cost of all iPhone 6 and 6 Plus have went North.

iPhone 6 will now start at Rs. 56,000 instead of Rs. 53,500 for the 16GB variant. The 64GB and 128GB iPhone 6 variants will now cost Rs. 65,000 and Rs. 74,000 respectively.

The 16GB iPhone 6 Plus will be Rs. 65,000, with the 64GB and 128GB variants costing Rs. 74,000 and Rs. 83,000 respectively.
Old 10th March 2015, 10:58   #7583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Cost of all iPhone 6 and 6 Plus have went North.

iPhone 6 will now start at Rs. 56,000 instead of Rs. 53,500 for the 16GB variant. The 64GB and 128GB iPhone 6 variants will now cost Rs. 65,000 and Rs. 74,000 respectively.

The 16GB iPhone 6 Plus will be Rs. 65,000, with the 64GB and 128GB variants costing Rs. 74,000 and Rs. 83,000 respectively.
Would you be aware of any specific reason why this would happen?

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
Old 10th March 2015, 11:30   #7584
Team-BHP Support

iOS 8.2 has been released by Apple, for those who like to upgrade early.
Features are as below :

Fixes and issue in Maps that prevented navigating to some favourite locations
Addresses an issue where the last word in a quick reply message wasn’t autocorrected
Fixes an issue where duplicated iTunes purchased content could prevent iCloud restore from completing
Resolved an issue where some music or playlists didn’t sync from iTunes to the Music app
Fixes an issue where deleted audiobooks sometimes remained on the device
Resolves an issue that could prevent call audio from routing to car speakers while using Siri Eyes Free
Fixes a Bluetooth calling issue where no audio is heard until the call is answered
Fixes a timezone issue where Calendar events appear in GMT
Addresses an issue that caused certain events in a customer reoccurring meeting to drop from Exchange calendar
Fixes an certificate error that prevented configuring an Exchange account behind a third-party gateway
Fixes an issue that could cause an organiser’s Exchange meeting notes to be overwritten
Resolves an issue that prevented some Calendar events from automatically showing as “busy” after accepting an invite
Increases stability of Mail
Improves stability of Flyover in Maps
Improves stability of Music
Improves VoiceOver reliability
Improves connectivity with Made for iPhone Hearing Aids
Fixes the FREAK secure transport flaw.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 10th March 2015 at 11:31.
Old 10th March 2015, 18:48   #7585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Would you be aware of any specific reason why this would happen?

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
Budget 2015 is the reason. In a move to boost local manufacturing in India, government had increased the duty benefits for domestic producers of electronic goods.
You can find more information about this HERE

Cheers!
Old 10th March 2015, 23:48   #7586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Budget 2015 is the reason. In a move to boost local manufacturing in India, government had increased the duty benefits for domestic producers of electronic goods.
You can find more information about this HERE

Cheers!
Thats a very lame reason these traders give. It will only be applicable to the future stock, not the one they already have in stock. Wherever you go, ask them for the date of import of the iPhone. Well if they refuse, you know what to do..
Old 12th March 2015, 12:42   #7587
Distinguished - BHPian

Snapdeal is offering the iPhone6 64gb approx 58k. Any other websites with a better offer currently?
Old 12th March 2015, 17:26   #7588
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Snapdeal is offering the iPhone6 64gb approx 58k. Any other websites with a better offer currently?
I got it from Amazon for 53K couple of days back. Since then the prices have gone north so 58K is still a good buy.
Old 13th March 2015, 12:38   #7589
BHPian

Snapdeal seems to be the cheapest at the moment. ~57k for the 64 GB iPhone 6. Same is listed on paytm for 61k with a 9k paytm credit. Don't know how it works, Can you utilise that 9k towards airtel bills-mobile/landline/dth and uber. If so, quite a decent deal in my opinon.
Old 13th March 2015, 13:07   #7590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Snapdeal seems to be the cheapest at the moment. ~57k for the 64 GB iPhone 6. Same is listed on paytm for 61k with a 9k paytm credit. Don't know how it works, Can you utilise that 9k towards airtel bills-mobile/landline/dth and uber. If so, quite a decent deal in my opinon.
Yes its credit in your Paytm account, so can be only used for Paytm payments like you mentioned. You can't transfer it back to your bank A/c.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks