Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2015, 19:28   #7561
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
Not covered in India. Apple India does not even touch phones bought outside the country even if you offer to pay them charges.
AFAIK iPhone 5S onwards come with international warranty.
Old 24th February 2015, 19:29   #7562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
AFAIK iPhone 5S onwards come with international warranty.
Could you share the necessary citation from the warranty clause. To the best of my knowledge it is not covered. This is the same response on Apple forums as well.

Last edited by abhjain : 24th February 2015 at 19:33.
Old 24th February 2015, 20:05   #7563
BHPian

Quote:
Not covered in India. Apple India does not even touch phones bought outside the country even if you offer to pay them charges.
Oh yes am aware not in India but i can send the phone back to the US anytime or even have it replaced when i visit. I dont have a permanent residence there, thats my worry
Old 24th February 2015, 21:18   #7564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Oh yes am aware not in India but i can send the phone back to the US anytime or even have it replaced when i visit. I dont have a permanent residence there, thats my worry
As long as you can do that why would you need a permanent address?
Old 24th February 2015, 23:45   #7565
BHPian

Quote:
As long as you can do that why would you need a permanent address?
Ive had a bad experience with a 250$ cash back on a leading site so am wary and wanted to hear any experiences...
Old 25th February 2015, 04:29   #7566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Thats not an issue. We got a friend's (B1 visa) iphone5 replaced over the counter in 2 mins for warranty claim. They just checked up the details, saw the bill and he had a new phone in his hand.
Old 25th February 2015, 07:12   #7567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Thats not an issue. We got a friend's (B1 visa) iphone5 replaced over the counter in 2 mins for warranty claim. They just checked up the details, saw the bill and he had a new phone in his hand.
That's only possible in the US where Apple owns the whole supply chain and servicing model. In India where all these activities are dependent on a third party, the treatment is much below expectations. I have seen longer queues at Apple service centre these days than the ones at other brands like Samsung, Motorola etc.
Old 25th February 2015, 19:16   #7568
Senior - BHPian

I will have to disagree. A friend and a fellow Tbhpian just had his iPhone6 128GB replaced over the counter on a battery related issue. Did not have to wait too, seems the whole episode was a quick deal. He has posted this on FB, maybe he will read this and share his experience here too.

I have never owned an iPhone but do use an apple MBP 15" and have had a failed charger replaced under warranty. Sure it is just a charger worth some 5K+ but it was great to have support from the service centre.

Quote:
That's only possible in the US where Apple owns the whole supply chain and servicing model. In India where all these activities are dependent on a third party, the treatment is much below expectations. I have seen longer queues at Apple service centre these days than the ones at other brands like Samsung, Motorola etc.
Old 25th February 2015, 19:42   #7569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I will have to disagree. A friend and a fellow Tbhpian just had his iPhone6 128GB replaced over the counter on a battery related issue. Did not have to wait too, seems the whole episode was a quick deal. He has posted this on FB, maybe he will read this and share his experience here too.

I have never owned an iPhone but do use an apple MBP 15" and have had a failed charger replaced under warranty. Sure it is just a charger worth some 5K+ but it was great to have support from the service centre.
That's heartening to know. Infact I discussed this issue at my workplace today and got a similar feedback. Cheers mate!
Old 26th February 2015, 20:22   #7570
BHPian

Hi All,

yesterday my Iphone 4S stopped charging , when i connect the charger i hear beep and also charging icon but the battery level has not increased in fact it has decreased and now phone is no longer booting up.

i have tried to clean up the connector/ tried other chargers / plugged in PC but it did not help.

please suggest a good Iphone repair shop in delhi / gurgaon.

the phone was bough in Singapore and i believe apple service will not take it ( even if i agree to pay the costs)
Old 27th February 2015, 06:22   #7571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Hi All,

yesterday my Iphone 4S stopped charging , when i connect the charger i hear beep and also charging icon but the battery level has not increased in fact it has decreased and now phone is no longer booting up.

i have tried to clean up the connector/ tried other chargers / plugged in PC but it did not help.

please suggest a good Iphone repair shop in delhi / gurgaon.

the phone was bough in Singapore and i believe apple service will not take it ( even if i agree to pay the costs)

There is a pretty good repair shop called Zion technologies in Gurgaon with which I've had a very good experience. But, before that, try putting your phone in the freezer for 5 minutes and then try to charge it again. Your battery seems to have given up, so try this last party trick. Maybe it helps.
Old 27th February 2015, 07:07   #7572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ911 View Post
There is a pretty good repair shop called Zion technologies in Gurgaon with which I've had a very good experience. But, before that, try putting your phone in the freezer for 5 minutes and then try to charge it again. Your battery seems to have given up, so try this last party trick. Maybe it helps.
Having tried Zion Delhi, I would vote against it. They ripped me off by 2K for a power on off button replacement on my iPhone 5 which stopped working within 2 months. The experience was made worse due to the fact that the first time they handed over the repaired phone, the vibration alert had altogether stopped working. So my job was done in two visits instead of one.

Got it repaired again from gadgetwood.com and so far working fine. This site provided home pick up and delivery and keeps you updated on the status through phone. They have a shop in West Delhi.

Both service providers offer one month warranty only.
Old 27th February 2015, 07:27   #7573
BHPian

Quote:
Having tried Zion Delhi, I would vote against it. They ripped me off by 2K for a power on off button replacement on my iPhone 5 which stopped working within 2 months. The experience was made worse due to the fact that the first time they handed over the repaired phone, the vibration alert had altogether stopped working. So my job was done in two visits instead of one.

Got it repaired again from gadgetwood.com and so far working fine. This site provided home pick up and delivery and keeps you updated on the status through phone. They have a shop in West Delhi.

Wow. 2k for the power button? Last I enquired about that, they told me that it was replaceable for around 400-500 bucks. I got my screen replaced from them for 5.5k for iPhone 5 and it has been working as original since past one year. Much better than the shoddy job I got done at Gaffar.
Old 27th February 2015, 12:58   #7574
BHPian

Quote:

Um, I'm not sure why you're all avoiding the official Apple stores. The power button problem on the iPhone5 is supposed to be a known problem and they have a list of serial numbers (of the phones) that are susceptible to this problem. Per my colleague who faced the same problem it's fixed for free if your serial number qualifies.

Last edited by nareshov : 27th February 2015 at 13:01.
Old 27th February 2015, 13:05   #7575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
Um, I'm not sure why you're all avoiding the official Apple stores. The power button problem on the iPhone5 is supposed to be a known problem and they have a list of serial numbers (of the phones) that are susceptible to this problem. Per my colleague who faced the same problem it's fixed for free if your serial number qualifies.
Yes but my iPhone is US purchased and local service centers will not touch it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks