Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2009, 18:13   #136
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svkndv View Post
Use trail route option in mapmyindia, you can get few details here
But that link takes me to a page where all the images shown are of the older version. There indeed there are obvious options to record a route and I have used it.

I have been looking for similar option in the new one and I still have not traced it.
Old 26th May 2009, 00:26   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Application: v.3.2.35
Database: TN v.5.7.4 ADBP MAPMYINDIA 7.2
Build: Tue Aug 14 16:12:00 PDI 2007
Map Display: v.3.1
Languages: v.20.D
Device ID: 1A2C 3184 6614 140D
Copyright (c), 2007
Horizon Navigation, Inc.
Missed this port. So this is an older version of Mapmyindia that used software from Horzion. I made a typo, its Horzion and not Horizontal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
The vertical one does not have a 'simulation' mode. The red button (the bottom one on the right column) changes to green / blue when touched. I read somewhere that it is for recording route. But if it does I don't see any option for saving it.
See if this Manual has any info on these features :

http://www.horizonnav.com/downloads/...Util_v3257.pdf
Old 28th May 2009, 17:57   #138
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
See if this Manual has any info on these features :
http://www.horizonnav.com/downloads/...Util_v3257.pdf
That link again is for the older version.

Anyway, I thought a little and I realised that the new version is from a different source and found the pdf related to it at www.viagps.info - ******************************** **Mireo viaGPS 3.0.

Thanks for the link.
Old 28th May 2009, 18:03   #139
BHPian

I'm not sure whether it was mentioned before on this thread, but Satguide has released a new OneIndia map update (dated May 11th 2009).

I'm yet to put it through the paces.
Old 30th May 2009, 02:04   #140
BHPian

@Digital Vampire- Let me know if there are major improvements, i'm using the april one.
Old 30th May 2009, 16:18   #141
Senior - BHPian

Mapmyindia

Hi,

Yesterday after a visit to our capital's two most important temples, the MapMyIndia navigator helped me with the directions from one temple to the other temple. Though I knew the approximate way, the directions rellay helped.

From the second temple a request to take me home, promptly directed me through totally unfamiliar lanes onto the Trivandrum byepass and onto Alleppey.

Even during my Tamil Nadu trip, I used it and I was happy about the details it has.

At night, you can see the turns in advance and it helps in unfamiliar roads.
Old 1st June 2009, 23:12   #142

Hi friend,

Thanks for pointing me to the right SatGuide contact. They helped me conclude that the salesman had made a 'hard' sale because:

a. Laptop version cannot be synced with HTC P3400i (not Windows Mobile version). It is meant only to run standalone on a Win XP laptop
b. HTC 3400i does not have GPS receiver built in, therefore the maps were not going to be useful realtime even if i installed a proper version to the PDA

So...

I promptly returned the stuff next morning. The salesman was not around else he would have gotten quite an earful.

Chirantan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Hai Chirantan,

I accidentally deleted all satguide maps recently, talked to them and they sent me a link from where I had to download software to my laptop and thro activy sync re-installed it into my mem card on HTC 3400, no problems.

The licence key and activation key was also given by them AGAIN, so see if that is the glitch.

I am confused with this "Laptop" version, never heard of it, dealers may not be technically adequate.

Would strongly suggest you speak to Babu, gives excellent telephone support, or will point you to a solution.

Shoban Babu T, Regional Sales Head-South, SatNav Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Mobile, +91 96111 10421 , 040-6677 7333 Ext: 339/353, Fax: 040-6668 7333, shoban@satnavtech.com

From what rkg says, even Satguide is not upto date and needs improvement. On my recent GQdrive, I found the map accurate on GQ up to Agra and from there many of the BP's were missing, looks like they have too update most BP's from Orissa till Chennai. On cities where I have used it, I found it to be a life saver to track points. How I wish there's a way to record your route on Satguide.

@GD1418: Does that mean that the original software you have on your rig is not updated or are you gettin free updates?

Ramky
====
Old 2nd June 2009, 09:15   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
@Digital Vampire- Let me know if there are major improvements, i'm using the april one.
Took it for a short spin yesterday and found out that the new ring road in Hyderabad which existed for nearly 1 year is still not updated. It just dont show up

Also there are many errors in the map. At one instance, it asked me to take a left turn right in the middle of a main road, but there was no left turn available +/- 1 km.

Satguide being a Hyderabad based company, I was expecting the mapping of Hyderabad city to be very accurate, but the map accuracy leaves a lot to be desired.

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 2nd June 2009 at 09:17.
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:59   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
Took it for a short spin yesterday and found out that the new ring road in Hyderabad which existed for nearly 1 year is still not updated. It just dont show up

Also there are many errors in the map. At one instance, it asked me to take a left turn right in the middle of a main road, but there was no left turn available +/- 1 km.
Using the new (May 2009) SatGuide map. It's horrible on the highways for route planning. Sent me into a dead-end road on my way from Ahmedabad to Mt. Abu via Ambaji. Also didn't detect the NH76 connecting NH14 to Udaipur on the way there from Mt. Abu. Also kept indicating turns at places where either no turn exists, or where such turns are not required.

That said, it was good at quickly locating a hotel for us nearby, when we wanted to stop over at Ahmedabad for the night.
Old 23rd June 2009, 15:44   #145
Senior - BHPian

MMI Lauches New Navigator

Hey Guys just bought a MMI Delphi Nav300 a few days ago. Have not had a chance to test it thoroughly though. will put up a review once I put the navigator through it's paces.

Intitial impressions are good. When we went for a demo, it was quite accurate and re-calculated routes quite effectively. The new version which I got has the latest maps 3.0 which covers 401 cities at street level. Had a browse through some of the maps of different cities and it seems quite accurate. Hope the mapping is done properly. Anyways will let you guys know after a thorough test.

I logged into the website today, to register my new product. When I saw the ad for a new device which they have launched. The LX 130, which has the same latest maps and is at a reasonable Rs. 11,999/- Seems like a good deal. could have saved some cash if I knew about this before. But, Whats done is done.

Will let you guys know about the accuracy and stuff soon.

Safe Driving

Mash
Old 23rd June 2009, 18:05   #146
BHPian

i tested out MMI this weekend on my trip to Kim corbett par even though I kenw the way there on NH 24 past Moradabad it showed as if i was off roading when i was on NH 24 then coming back I took a different route from Rampur to BailPadao to Bazpur, this entire route was missing in MMI, Disappointing Must say.
Old 23rd June 2009, 18:55   #147

why you want to buy from india in the first place?
buy new mio v series.

with your budget, you can get the best rather than going for chineese crap here.
Old 23rd June 2009, 19:46   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
I logged into the website today, to register my new product. When I saw the ad for a new device which they have launched. The LX 130, which has the same latest maps and is at a reasonable Rs. 11,999/- Seems like a good deal. could have saved some cash if I knew about this before.
Well technically I am the first user of LX130 device (confirmed by MapMyIndia), I got it delivered about a week before launch. I am doing a xomparison of Garmin and LX130 and shall post a detailed review soon.
Old 23rd June 2009, 20:11   #149
Senior - BHPian

MapMyIndia is terrible, to say the least
Old 23rd June 2009, 21:35   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indie View Post
why you want to buy from india in the first place?
buy new mio v series.

with your budget, you can get the best rather than going for chineese crap here.
The so called better Mio is made in the same factory as much of the 'chineese crap', even uses the same GUI that the 'chineese crap' uses.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks