Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2010, 15:44   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post
One Q , Since this is promotional SIM which said free mobile TV and 500MB download for a month.... will it still be charged?
Also, when I make a call..certain amount is deducted, but when I browse it says 0.00.

Indy
i have a postpaid plan and a rental of 25 extra for the 3g per month .
but per mb its 1rupee!!!(1 paise per 10kb).
not sure about the promotional packages.
but i have the option of 70 free video calls.
Old 5th March 2010, 17:47   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
careful!!
unless you have the unlimited plan, don't get exited and start downloading a lot!! The tariffs are very expensive
its very tough for me to refrain myself from doing so!!.
but still i sit and watch Youtube videos during a boring class
I am currently on promotional plan of 500MB free data usage.

The trariff I was planning for is 899 with 5GB Data Usage /month .. what say ? I feel this will be enough.
Old 5th March 2010, 18:15   #63
Senior - BHPian

if you are casual user with frequent browsing and occasional downloads its more than enough.

but if you are a heavy user like me doing close to 30-40 gb downloads in a month then its not suitable.
2499 is the unlimited plan.
but i feel with time the unlimited plans pricing will comedown with pressure from the competition.(will take time since bsnl is the only 3g provider in india)
Old 7th March 2010, 17:54   #64
BHPian

Delhi or Mumbai?

Anybody has roamed in Delhi or Mumbai with BSNL 3G? Whenever I go to Mumbai or Delhi (since November when I took the SIM in Chennai), it doesn't work there. Repeated requests to BSNL customer care, those people only say that your settings might be wrong or you need to restart your device. Doing any of them doesn't work too. Again calling BSNL care, again the same response. Either they don't understand what I am trying to say or they don't care. Anybody here who has seamlessly roamed on Dolphin 3G network in Delhi and Mumbai? I get the 3G signal there but only voice and texts work.
Old 7th March 2010, 19:12   #65
Senior - BHPian

Go to your nearest BSNL AE's office, and ask them to check if roaming is enabled in your profile.
Old 7th March 2010, 19:28   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
Anybody here who has seamlessly roamed on Dolphin 3G network in Delhi and Mumbai? I get the 3G signal there but only voice and texts work.
I have used MTNL 3G in Delhi & Mumbai using BSNL 3G without any issues. I have used a very simple setting of gprssouth.cellone.in as the APN and nothing else. It has worked both in phone and when connected to the laptop. Alternatively what you could try doing is to connect to the 3G network manually if that helps you.

I remember a few years back GPRS never used to work with MTNL when you used a BSNL connection from elsewhere that is not the case anymore
Old 10th March 2010, 08:52   #67
BANNED

Got my BSNL 3G USB Data Card. Its having a micro SD card slot for storage.
Anybody using BSNL 3G-huawei_e156g__91362.jpg

Cost for Unit - 4343 (Huawei E156 - HSDPA USB Stick)
Sim card - 59
Total - 4402

here is the speed test result. I getting a very good speed for downloads.

Name:  743224332.png
Views: 3166
Size:  20.8 KB

Last edited by wildon : 10th March 2010 at 08:54.
Old 10th March 2010, 10:43   #68
BHPian

Thats super speed Wildon!! What is your tariff?

To show a comparison, at home my broadband(landline) plan is 750UL+ i.e., Fixed charge of Rs.750 + taxes and unlimited download. But it is a 256kbps line giving me a download speed of max 32kbps.

Your is 2.66Mbps!!!!(85 times mine man!)
Old 10th March 2010, 12:08   #69
BANNED

I taken only the Basic Tariff which is Rs.249 in which i'm getting 500MB free usage a Month. Each additional MB will be charged as Rs.1

The reason i took this plan is for travelling purpose as I have broadband access at office as well as Home.

@ iPai

R u sure its really 32kbps(Kilobits per second) or its KBps (KiloBytes per second)

If you are getting 32KBps thats a good speed as you need to understand there are 8 Kb (kilobits) in every KB (kilobyte). So 32KBps = 8x32KBps i.e 256 Kbps download speed.
Old 10th March 2010, 14:16   #70
BHPian

My Bad!

Yupp. You are right Wildon. It should be 32KBps. But then it is not that great.
An 800MB movie would take more than 7 hours.

By your speed, it should take nearly 53 minutes isn't it??(Still fantastic man)

In Sweden(where you get one of the fastest broadband speeds), it would take around 1.25 hours to 1.5 hours with an average download speed of 1 to 1.5 Mbps. So i felt your speeds are amazing!

PS: It is good that, day by day, we are seeing better speeds here.
Old 11th March 2010, 19:39   #71
BHPian

Mobile TV not working Nokia N70

Just got my bsnl 3g sim car activated. Haven't tested the speed yet. I tried downloading the application "Mobile TV" by sending the sms MY3GTV to 55447. When I try downloading the link I'm getting an error message which says "Mimibi TV currently does not support your mobile device. Kindly check back later"

Is anybody using mobile tv on Nokia N70?

Anybody in bangalore for a test video call, please PM your number.

Last edited by djjebs : 11th March 2010 at 19:40. Reason: Another question
Old 13th March 2010, 17:32   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Go to your nearest BSNL AE's office, and ask them to check if roaming is enabled in your profile.
I have roaming enabled. I am able to make and receive calls on the MTNL network. And even 3G roaming worked when I was in Bangalore with a Chennai SIM. So I do not think there is any problem with the activation of roaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
I have used MTNL 3G in Delhi & Mumbai using BSNL 3G without any issues. I have used a very simple setting of gprssouth.cellone.in as the APN and nothing else. It has worked both in phone and when connected to the laptop. Alternatively what you could try doing is to connect to the 3G network manually if that helps you.

I remember a few years back GPRS never used to work with MTNL when you used a BSNL connection from elsewhere that is not the case anymore
Even a few years back, the older Motorola SIMs wouldn't work like you said, but the Nortel SIMs used to work. Both the SIMs had different access points too. Nortel being the latest gprssouth.cellone.in I do not understand why 3G is not working for me only in Mumbai and Delhi. I have kept the setting at gprssouth.cellone.in only. It says packet data denied or something like that.
Old 14th March 2010, 22:24   #73
BHPian

I got a 3G connection from BSNL since my hand set is a windows based mobile BSNL callcenter is not able to help me out in configuring 3g, sms'ing model number to there call center also did not help.

if anybody out here can help in configuring 3g for my set it will be of great help.

Hand set is MWg Zinc ii with windows mobile 6.1
Old 14th March 2010, 22:42   #74
BHPian

Using BSNL 3G, but I see a noticeable degrade in call quality. May be because I most of the time roam around the outskirts of Chennai. Thinking of switching back to 2G.
Old 29th March 2010, 21:36   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
Hi dkamath,
Visit this link: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.

In that page, scroll down, after the isntruction "sms GPRSPRE to 53773". you will get a flashing link "Click here to download" Click on it and a pop up page appears whose link is Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.

Choose your state according to the zone and follow the instructions. This worked perfectly well for me!!!
Wow!! You made my day. I bought Nokia E72 recently and trying to configure BSNL 3G since last two days. I called up BSNL customer cell and they informed they don't support E72!!! Your link works like a treat. Thanks a million!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks