Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2009, 15:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by serious_maniac View Post
1 second pulse is definitely a trend-setter. I hope other players listen.
Tata Indicom when introduced was at a 1 sec pulse too. Don't really know if it still exists.
Old 15th July 2009, 15:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Not anymore. Their service is now plagued by frequent signal drops and cross connections to the point where its outright frustrating.
I agree. It has been downright horrible since the last year. Ever since I bought a cell phone, I have been on Airtel; first at Chennai and then at Bangalore. Things were brilliant till the last year.

I guess Airtel is now facing the same problem that BSNL faced a few years ago; that of too many subscribers and their servers not able to take the load.
Old 15th July 2009, 15:31   #18
Team-BHP Support

I'm looking at opting for a DOCOMO pre-paid for my maid, and so will appreciate the user reviews and feedback posted here. What are the call rates like for STD?
Old 15th July 2009, 15:40   #19
VEA
BHPian

I think BPL Mobile was billing at a 1 sec pulse long back. may be 10-12 years back. It does away with a lot of "missed calls" and text messages.
Old 15th July 2009, 15:54   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I'm looking at opting for a DOCOMO pre-paid for my maid, and so will appreciate the user reviews and feedback posted here. What are the call rates like for STD?
Here you go:

Postpaid Plan Details

Its 1paisa per second even for STD. Sounds good.

There is no mention of ISD rates though.

Interesting Plans. Very aggressive.
Old 15th July 2009, 17:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Please get one for your maid, and kindly ask her to create an ID here. Atleast all our doubts will be sorted out once and for all !
Old 15th July 2009, 18:45   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Those plans are really tempting. Anyone knows when number portability would come? I want to change from Airtel, but don't want to lose my number.
Old 15th July 2009, 19:00   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Interesting Plans. Very aggressive.
Thanks for the link, Spitfire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Please get one for your maid, and kindly ask her to create an ID here. Atleast all our doubts will be sorted out once and for all !
I was thinking of limiting her to a prepaid, since i would be footing the bill. Even the prepaid plans look quite good. I would be giving it a try soon.
Old 16th July 2009, 17:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

I have been trying their bangalore office numbers since 24 hours. None to attend. I dont want to waste my money on the customer care number as it will have a long recorded instruction to 'press 1 for this, press 2 for that, press 3 for...' atlast I might end up hearing "sorry all the executives are busy on other lines, please wait, your call is IMPORTANT to INDIA".

I tried mailing them through the site, got an automated reply in 60 seconds. It only had tataindicom ad and a blackberry picture. Means BB services might be in affiliation with tata indicom and other 1 second pulse stuff will be on docomo. So, in effect we can expect same 'terrible to the core' experience.

Still waiting to hear from someone who has used it.
Old 16th July 2009, 17:22   #25
BHPian

Waiting to hear about the coverage part in the IT centers of BLR before deciding on the same.
Old 16th July 2009, 17:36   #26
BHPian

the network on tat docomo is very good.they have used there existing cdma towers to instal network switches.airtel has around 1900 & odd towers ehre as tata docomo has 2000 & odd.they have got a big respose from the market for there prepaid schemes.
TATA is pure quality.this is the only company in telecom industry who dont have wrong billings.they spoilt it with there cdma section 7 years back as there top management was not aggressive.
the stocks for the whole week for prepaid GSM was sold in a day.
also TATA is been very strict on verification of documents which is very important for our socitey.
Old 16th July 2009, 18:28   #27
BANNED

BPL did have a 1 second pulse plan in 5-6 years back when I was in Pune. the network was supposedly useless but they did have 1 second pulse.
this move should make things interesting though. it will force others to follow suit and that is going to be nice.
Old 16th July 2009, 18:59   #28
Senior - BHPian

Same like how Reliance made the Rs.1/- all india calling idea ! Others had no choice but to come out with similar call rates atleast in certain tariff plans. If airtel and vodafone follows suit, nothing like it.
Old 18th July 2009, 12:01   #29
BHPian

I was using airtel for the last 5 yrs and terminated the same last month due to the bad connectivity issues. Now moved safely to BSNL best in bangalore now as far as i know. Bsnl have some good plans & 15 seconds pulse rate..Surprisingly Bsnl CC very goodddd...which i didnt expect at all...
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:51   #30
Team-BHP Support

Looks like DOCOMO is a big hit here in Bangalore. I've been to about 3-4 mobile shops, and none of them have stock of the SIMs. One shokeeper even mentioned that even if he had 500 connections with him right now, they would all be sold out within minutes. Demand is just crazy, and so is the waiting period!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks