Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2009, 09:24   #46
BHPian

Waiting period and black market rates for DOCOMO sim cards!!! Are we back to early 90's?

Well here is the other extreme. I got 2 DOCOMO prepaid sims for FREE when I visited Croma to checkout HCL Mileap Tablet. It was part of some promotion and I just had to answer 5 simple questions about DOCOMO! I haven't got time to activate them yet
Old 31st July 2009, 11:03   #47
BHPian

Just have a very nice one-liner for this kind of a hype " everything that goes up , must come down" , how it comes down , now that is the question.
Old 31st July 2009, 11:24   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP_812 View Post
Just have a very nice one-liner for this kind of a hype " everything that goes up , must come down" , how it comes down , now that is the question.
@ RP & Vampire, Very true!! it all seems very similar to when Reliance launched their cellular services! but seriously guys, it really cant get any cheaper than this right? unless of course Airtel & Vodafone decide to go into micro seconds for their pulse rates, lol!

lucky you @ vampire, try and get them activated within the promo offer, 1p/sec for STD to any phone anywhere in India is absolutely a Winner!!

Last edited by GTO : 4th August 2009 at 12:13. Reason: Please read our rules. No more than 2 smilies per post allowed.
Old 3rd August 2009, 12:24   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
1p/sec for STD to any phone anywhere in India is absolutely a Winner!!
Went to enquire about DOCOMO offer and I was told that it has become now 2p/sec

Surprisingly, also was told that those who have picked up the earlier offer of 1p/sec are also now billed at 2p/sec.

Does it really make sense now to go for the same, just wondering.

Did anyone experience the change in plans on their connections ?
Old 3rd August 2009, 12:42   #50
BHPian

TATA DOCOMO is still on with the same 1 pc/sec,2pc/sec is a rumour as of now.
source nandish palrecha
Old 3rd August 2009, 18:40   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post

Surprisingly, also was told that those who have picked up the earlier offer of 1p/sec are also now billed at 2p/sec.

I have a post paid connection .. and I am not aware of any such changes in the tariff plan ..

As far as my knowledge goes there is a TRAI rule which says the provider cant change the tariff plan before 6 months for any connection .. So any given tariff plan can not be changed before 6 months ..

Please correct me if I am wrong .....
Old 4th August 2009, 08:31   #52
BHPian

Guys, its still 1p per second and the 2p per second is just a rumour. every new network provider will have some issues during the start later on once it settles down things would be fine Love the DOCOMO ringtone.
Old 4th August 2009, 09:22   #53
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys for all the clarifications.

Believe I need to jump the gun to get a DOCOMO
Old 4th August 2009, 15:25   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post

Hey buddy, am still being charged 1p/sec for all calls within India (including STD) from my home network! but, be advised that the 1p/sec on std is a introductory/promotional offer, so any customer who picks up a sim after this offer concludes will be charged 2p/sec on STD. When i called docomo customer care last week, the lady there said the offer will last for atleast another 3 months and all the customers enrolled in the introductory plan will have the 1p/sec STD rate for as long as they have the connection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Guys, its still 1p per second and the 2p per second is just a rumour. every new network provider will have some issues during the start later on once it settles down things would be fine Love the DOCOMO ringtone.
The Docomo tune rocks!! i've been trying to set it as a call me tune but cannot seem to find it on their system!! damn, i've exhausted 50rs from my credit on it already!!
Old 4th August 2009, 17:11   #55
BHPian

I dont know why so much hype for DOCOMO.
1p/s std sounds too good. I was really excited when I heard about it and I almost got myself a additional sim card, but then I saw my current month's bill and realized that I make 50-60(std) calls per month which last for 10+ mins.

Assuming that my calls always last Xmins and 1 sec, max I will gain is 59p per such call.
60 calls per month means Rs60 per month (max)

Not worth it..atleast not for me..

Regards,
Old 4th August 2009, 20:00   #56
BHPian

I see lot many comments on Docomo in this thread. This itself means something different.

I feel happy with it as 1p per 1s means call rate is 60 paise/minute for any STD. No other GSM providers gives this rate without any "top up" to basic plan. Also, due to per second counting, generally minimum there will be 50 Rs savings per month against rounding off calls to minute. Means 50+5 (tax) = 55 Rs of savings per month. Also, as a corporate offer I get 150 std minutes free.

Above all means comparatively quite good offer. Yes, there are network issues too but it's OK, manageable.
Old 4th August 2009, 22:13   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post

The Docomo tune rocks!! i've been trying to set it as a call me tune but cannot seem to find it on their system!! damn, i've exhausted 50rs from my credit on it already!!
True. I have downloaded the tune also. You can find the tune here -> http://tatadocomo.com/TRUETONE_JINGLE.zip
Old 5th August 2009, 09:31   #58
BHPian

@Raamki, Thanks a lot for the clarification and confirmation honey.
Old 5th August 2009, 11:48   #59
BHPian

Well, I have been seeing Airtel ads everywhere for 50p per minute STD for 5 numbers. Looks like other vendors are trying to catch up or at least hold their customers from fleeing to DOCOMO and newer operators.
Old 5th August 2009, 11:52   #60
BHPian

thanks buddy fot the link,you made my day,the tune is really great
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
True. I have downloaded the tune also. You can find the tune here -> http://tatadocomo.com/TRUETONE_JINGLE.zip

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks