Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2009, 18:24   #76
BHPian

All telcos are equally bad. I have been suffering the awful Vodafone since many years. My son had a Airtel. After he left for U.K., I had a harrowing time for getting the connection closed. They are all blood suckers of customers.
Old 21st October 2009, 19:09   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Tata Docomo is a hit at my office. The damn thing is always out of coverage area/calls never get connected. Everybody is buying one for their work phones
nice trick to wriggle out of work calls!
Old 21st October 2009, 19:13   #78
Senior - BHPian

When was the last time nodal officers responded to emails - doesn't work for people with 2.5-3k pm expenses

.... fat chance they'd reply to a prepaid customer!
Old 21st October 2009, 19:19   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Well this DND is just a marketing gimmic. It doesnt really work. I have activated this on my Vodafone close a year back.
One more customer of vodaphone, who activated around 7-8 months back. The online account does shows its activated. But I dont know what it means. I get all junk SMS and calls still

I think all operator are equally bad/good. Especially, when something goes to CC, forget it. No matter what, you will get a "Ok, sir. Will be done" type of talks only. And everyone including him/her knows it wont.
Old 21st October 2009, 20:41   #80
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm... DND does work with Idea Cellular...at least most of the times. I was extremely pissed with all the promotional SMSes, browser messages and recorded calls. I turned off the browser msgs (ph settings), but the SMSes and calls were getting just too much.

I took this up with them, and they told me to activate DND. The reason why I did not want to activate the DND was that I feared that they would also stop sending me special offers for tariffs/SMS/recharges. They told me there is no option - if I activate DND all kinds of SMSes would stop, including the useful tariff/recharge offers. Being extremely pissed off at the high volume of useless promotional msgs, I decided to opt for DND. I can do without the useful offers, but not without peace.

After that, as promised ALL kinds of calls and SMS have been stopped. Only recently I started getting local election based SMSes 2-3 times a day. The SMSes did not have any sender's number. I shot off a mail to them about it. They replied asking me for the SMS content, date and time. I replied with the same. As of now, I do not get any kind of promotional SMS. Don't know if the election related SMSes stopped because of my mails or because the elections are over.

Either which ways, DND works on Idea Cellular, and I'm at peace.

My ph. is registered in Maharashtra circle and is pre-paid. Nor am I a high-end user. Being on pre-paid has not prevented them from responding. In the past, I have been able to get most of my problems sorted out by the Appellate Authority, if not by the Nodal officer/customer care.

On the other hand, Airtel has been a sick experience. I don't think they even have a real Nodal officer or Appellate authority...
Old 21st October 2009, 20:46   #81
Senior - BHPian

I also have an AirTel for my work. When I raised a complaint giving the number and details, someone from AirTel called me back to tell that the line of the violator has been disconnected, apologizing for the inconvenience. This happened within 24 hours...

I have my own loads of dump on AirTel too- but a new kid off the block is expected to be better at least to gain market share! I was thinking of carrying my Aircel to Docomo after MNP comes in- as well as suggest Docomo for my work.
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:36   #82
Senior - BHPian

DND does work ( along with not giving out your phone number to every sundry constest/form/wherever asked, and not essential)

DND works only if it is unsolicited. If you give out your phone number to some contest where you *may* win a free microwave, you're just asking for it)
Old 25th October 2009, 15:28   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
DND does work ( along with not giving out your phone number to every sundry constest/form/wherever asked, and not essential)

DND works only if it is unsolicited. If you give out your phone number to some contest where you *may* win a free microwave, you're just asking for it)
Completely agree- point is I never give my mobile numbers at all. And the Docomo number is quite new, and not even my family knows the number- I dont know it by heart either!
Old 25th October 2009, 20:54   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Completely agree- point is I never give my mobile numbers at all. And the Docomo number is quite new, and not even my family knows the number- I dont know it by heart either!
Being a user of Tata Docomo I can tell you that the customer care department does not exist .. They have put me on hold 7 times ( each time I ended the call after waiting for 10 minutes), when I complained about my parents getting weird messages ( This number does not exist) ... I wrote couple of mails to them .. Those @#$%^^& did not even care to reply ...I strongly feel there should be some Email id of DOT ( Dept of telecom) which we should put in CC in order to receive a reply ..
Old 25th October 2009, 23:33   #85
Senior - BHPian

^^^ DoT does have a grievance cell. Try writing/lodging a complaint with them. Don't expect any magic though - I was told they just forward the complaints to the company...
Old 27th October 2009, 14:18   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
True. I have downloaded the tune also. You can find the tune here -> http://tatadocomo.com/TRUETONE_JINGLE.zip
thanks for the link..
Old 25th July 2010, 19:25   #87
Senior - BHPian

Does anybody know if Docomo has coverage in the hill stations of Panchgani and Mahabaleshwar and on the road connecting Pune to these places?
Old 26th July 2010, 14:05   #88
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Does anybody know if Docomo has coverage in the hill stations of Panchgani and Mahabaleshwar and on the road connecting Pune to these places?
Not sure if this helps, but every other cell provider does. My Vodafone is in range, so is Dad's Reliance and my sister's BPL connection. Pretty sure its served by Tata as well.
Old 26th July 2010, 16:25   #89
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, I guess it may be covered then. Few years ago, when I was using Reliance CDMA, there was absolutely no coverage. IIRC, the only place there was coverage on the way was Wai. Things may have changed now.

However, the operators you have mentioned are all incumbents. So can't be sure if the newbies like Docomo will have network there.

Anybody from Pune here who is using Docomo? What is your opinion about the network? I'v been using it for 2-3 weeks, and have already seen at least 2 total network outages in my area (Kothrud). So I'm quite apprehensive about its reliability. The only other operator I have experienced frequent total network failures for extended periods is Airtel.

Last edited by Raccoon : 26th July 2010 at 16:28.
Old 29th July 2010, 15:18   #90

I have been using DOCOMO for the last few months now, ANd I have never been happier. Crystal Clear sound..unlike Vodafone. And brilliant internet connectivity. It started off as a second number, and now has progressed to my main number. Also, luckily I got a fantastic number too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks