Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2008, 21:48   #3016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I dont see the link to download BB connect for E51 anywhere.
@ajo...as I mentioned earlier, the E90 version works on E51.

Read more here craigs tech blog: Blackberry Connect on E51

My personal place in space: Nokia E51 & BlackBerry Connect

Last edited by gr8guzzler : 28th April 2008 at 21:50.
Old 28th April 2008, 21:52   #3017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

Got it from my regular phone supplier. I like the phone so much that I am going in the next hour to exchange my E61i for it. I love the speed of the phone. The E61i speed feels ancient in comparison.

Viper
Could you please PM me the details of your phone shop? I am also keen to go for E51.

BTW how much are you getting for your E61i?
Old 29th April 2008, 11:14   #3018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
@ajo...as I mentioned earlier, the E90 version works on E51.

Read more here craigs tech blog: Blackberry Connect on E51

My personal place in space: Nokia E51 & BlackBerry Connect
I know. But the issue is that the service provider says that even though it can be activated, the service will not work as the network has not configured E51. Thats the reason the software isnt available yet.

Anyone using Blackberry on E51 in India? My lotus supports only blackberry. I checked with my IT guy.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 29th April 2008 at 11:16.
Old 29th April 2008, 12:12   #3019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
The OE browser (Pocket IE) is pretty much useless. Opera Mini (free) is a much better option. An even better option is Opera Mobile 8.65 (priced SW). NetFront is also a good alternative option (but I prefer Opera).

PocketIE is pretty much useless wherever there is a bit of javascript involved. That must be the issue with ICICIDirect. Try downloading the demo of Opera Mobile 8.65 and you'll really see the difference!
Hi,

Thanx for your suggession. I have installed Esmertec JBed Midlet manager and Opera mini, and it works great. It is able to open Orkut and Cricinfo, but not icicibank.com. ICICIDirect.com works in both Pocket IE and Opera Mini.

DO any of you have managed to login to ICICIBank.com through Opera Mini?

Since Opera Mini pages are processed 1t and transmitted through Opera servers, it it safe to work on banking and trading sites?

Thanx

Nitin
Old 29th April 2008, 12:33   #3020
Team-BHP Support

Lotus can be configured for IMAP also, rather it has to be enabled. Same issue here with my exchange server, IT guys just refused to accept it first, then went on to say it was activated. Finally i had to sent them some links on how to :P

Simplest is to use web access, am not a hardcore techie but i have a strong feeling its possible with Lotus also.

Some info for enabling:
Lotus Domino Administrator 6 Help - Setting up IMAP users
Lotus Domino Administrator 6 Help - Configuring IMAP client software

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th April 2008 at 12:40. Reason: linkies :)
Old 29th April 2008, 12:41   #3021

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post

Opera mini, and it works great. It is able to open Orkut and Cricinfo, but not icicibank.com. ICICIDirect.com works in both Pocket IE and Opera Mini.

Since Opera Mini pages are processed 1t and transmitted through Opera servers, it it safe to work on banking and trading sites?

I am able to open icicibank account from Opera mini on my k790i.

But ICICI bank provides a dedicated application for mobiles. It can be downloaded from ICICI website. With this application you can directly login to ur icici account and do all the operations such as bal enquire, funds transfer and even utility bill payment. All this without needing the browser.

It can even operate demat account.

check here for more info:
ICICI Mobile Banking Application | iMobile | Mobile Money Transfer | Bill Payments | Check Credit Balance
Old 29th April 2008, 12:50   #3022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Lotus can be configured for IMAP also, rather it has to be enabled. Same issue here with my exchange server, IT guys just refused to accept it first, then went on to say it was activated. Finally i had to sent them some links on how to :P

Simplest is to use web access, am not a hardcore techie but i have a strong feeling its possible with Lotus also.

Some info for enabling:
Lotus Domino Administrator 6 Help - Setting up IMAP users
Lotus Domino Administrator 6 Help - Configuring IMAP client software
You are right jaggu, it is very much possible.Infact a lot of my colleagues from one of my previous organisations access their lotus mails on their phones.The only issue is not all companies provide lotus webmail facility.
Old 29th April 2008, 12:51   #3023

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Opera mini, and it works great. It is able to open Orkut and Cricinfo, but not icicibank.com. ICICIDirect.com works in both Pocket IE and Opera Mini.

I am able to open icicibank.com from operamini on my k790i...

As for accessing icicibank, icici provides a mobile application which directly connects to icicibank and you can do all banking transactions like bal enq, funds trans, demant and utility bill payment.

Check here for more info:
ICICI Mobile Banking Application | iMobile | Mobile Money Transfer | Bill Payments | Check Credit Balance
Old 29th April 2008, 12:53   #3024
Senior - BHPian

Yes Jaggu, I understand how ignorant IT guys can be at times (due respects to IT guys here). But in my company, its matter of policy rather just enabling it. I think the BB guys bainwashed my US IT guys to believe its the only secure service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
The only issue is not all companies provide lotus webmail facility.
I have the web version. So I may just stick to it through regular GPRS, Sadly I dont get the push facility if I decide to use the E51.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 29th April 2008 at 12:55.
Old 29th April 2008, 15:06   #3025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenkm View Post
I am able to open icicibank.com from operamini on my k790i...

As for accessing icicibank, icici provides a mobile application which directly connects to icicibank and you can do all banking transactions like bal enq, funds trans, demant and utility bill payment.

Check here for more info:
After lots of googling I found out that icicibank.com doesn't run on Opera Mini 4; so I have also installed Opera Mini 3.1 on my mobile.

Now I use 3.1 for ICICI, 4.0 for everything else.

\N
Old 29th April 2008, 15:10   #3026
BHPian

Quote:
But in my company, its matter of policy rather just enabling it. I think the BB guys bainwashed my US IT guys to believe its the only secure service.

I have the web version. So I may just stick to it through regular GPRS, Sadly I dont get the push facility if I decide to use the E51.
Like i told you on the earlier posts some companies will only Push e-mail to your mobile device if it is a Black berry device not a blackberry supported device this is for security reasons, several co's do it
Old 29th April 2008, 15:19   #3027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have you tried free push email solutions? I have been using System Seven happily and successfully since the last ~6 months
Link->SEVEN Beta Program :: Welcome to SEVEN Beta Program

Also worth trying out it Emoze. Link->emoze Free Push email, mobile email software for mobile devices.

I had posted an article in the Shifting Gears section sometime back on a couple of more such free push email applications for the E series. Search for it.
Old 29th April 2008, 15:20   #3028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Have you tried free push email solutions? I have been using System Seven happily and successfully since the last ~6 months
Link->SEVEN Beta Program :: Welcome to SEVEN Beta Program

Also worth trying out it Emoze. Link->emoze Free Push email, mobile email software for mobile devices.

I had posted an article in the Shifting Gears section sometime back on a couple of more such free push email applications for the E series. Search for it.
nishant this is great but his company policy dictates e-mail fwding to ponly bbery devices
Old 29th April 2008, 15:23   #3029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe View Post
nishant this is great but his company policy dictates e-mail fwding to ponly bbery devices
I guess if he has a web option enabled on Lotus Notes, then both the above programs can be configured for push email
Old 29th April 2008, 15:56   #3030
BHPian

Hey Guys,

I am looking at a Nokia 6300. Comes at around 7.4 K.Is is worth it??
Does the Phone have inherent problems??

Please advise.

Cheers,
Raajiv Sai

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks