Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2008, 20:40   #3001
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Hey Sam,
Heres a good phone for under 10K, plus satisfies your want for music and looks great.
Attachment 11159
Link - Nokia India - 5310 XpressMusic Mobile Phone ? Slim Music Phone
P.S. Looks way better in reality.
oh yes i forgot to update i bought this phone as well 3 days before i got my n82 black edition .
Old 26th April 2008, 00:01   #3002
Senior - BHPian

thanks for all your help guys . Got the e51 from the mobile store for 11.600 . Came home and tried the wireless network scan . This phone rocks. Am typing this using the phone and my airtel bb at home . Thanks again all
Old 26th April 2008, 00:11   #3003
BHPian

Congrats Sammy, enjoy your E51.

Cheers!!!
Old 26th April 2008, 00:37   #3004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
thanks for all your help guys . Got the e51 from the mobile store for 11.600 . Came home and tried the wireless network scan . This phone rocks. Am typing this using the phone and my airtel bb at home . Thanks again all
Congrats for new phone..
Old 26th April 2008, 18:19   #3005
Senior - BHPian

Can someone gimme feedback of the Nokia E61i?
Old 26th April 2008, 22:46   #3006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Can someone gimme feedback of the Nokia E61i?
Its a very nice smartphone for the price it comes at.
- Complete QWERTY keypad with well spaced out keys, tactile feedback and easy to type
- Comes with a decent camera for a smartphone
- Software is a bit slow, but very able and more than sufficient for the average user
- Email compatibility is amazing. Its is BB enabled and takes almost all push email systems easily
- the center D-pad has a very easy to use and click interface
- Battery life is decent. Mine lasts for 2 days with full call, SMS and WLAN usage
Old 27th April 2008, 04:55   #3007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi Guys,

Just exchanged my wife's Nokia 6300 for a E51 with 1 GB Memory Card. Really excellent phone. Bought it for Rs10,950/- with bill and warranty. They have introduced a new colour Full black where the battery cover has a finish similar to Carbon Fibre look.
Hey Viper, from where did you buy the E51 at Rs 10,950/- with bill and warranty? Is the 1GB card included in the above price? You bought the full black color right?

Any feedback on the usage till now?
Old 27th April 2008, 23:45   #3008
Senior - BHPian

Phone based on Nanotech, a glimpse into the future?? Must watch video.

Received this video a few days back & was blown away when I watched it. It's an animated look into the future of mobile devices as we know them now & what effect Nano-technology will have on them. Produced by the Cambridge center for Nano technology & Nokia, it sure is an eye opener & a fascinating insight into what we might regards as mobile devices in the near future!

Nokia Morph Concept Video - Metacafe

What do you guys think??
Old 28th April 2008, 14:16   #3009
BHPian

Palm Treo 750

Hi,

I gifted myself a Plam Treo 750 this week-end. It comes with Windows 6.0.

Till now my experiences with it are -

1. It is definitely much quicker than E61.
2. The interface is much more intuitive than Symbian's.
3. Browser is not as good as Symbian. There is no mouse pointer, links have to be cliccked by stylus; thus I can't surf with one hand.
4. Browser doesn't render pages well. Even my N73's browser renders pages much better than this. Moneycontrol and Orkut sites are absolutely unusable.
5. For some weird reason I am not able to login to icicibank.com; it says that lohin id/password wrong. But ICICIDirect working fine.

\N
Old 28th April 2008, 15:27   #3010
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Hey Viper, from where did you buy the E51 at Rs 10,950/- with bill and warranty? Is the 1GB card included in the above price? You bought the full black color right?

Any feedback on the usage till now?
Hi,

Got it from my regular phone supplier. I like the phone so much that I am going in the next hour to exchange my E61i for it. I love the speed of the phone. The E61i speed feels ancient in comparison.

Viper
Old 28th April 2008, 16:01   #3011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

Got it from my regular phone supplier. I like the phone so much that I am going in the next hour to exchange my E61i for it. I love the speed of the phone. The E61i speed feels ancient in comparison.

Viper
More dilemma for me. I was supposed to get the E61i today evening. I even switched to airtel to get the blackberry services. Suddenly I have been reading better reviews on the E51.

The issue is that no provider in India is giving blackberry on E51. They have it only for E61i, E50 and some others. I dont see the link to download BB connect for E51 anywhere.
Old 28th April 2008, 16:21   #3012
Team-BHP Support

@ajo: if your company has Exchange, IMAP or POP access then BB will be a waste of money and simple EDGE/GPRS is good enough. Being in chennai your access to bandwidth is much better also.
Old 28th April 2008, 16:35   #3013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post

I gifted myself a Plam Treo 750 this week-end. It comes with Windows 6.0.

Till now my experiences with it are -

1. It is definitely much quicker than E61.
2. The interface is much more intuitive than Symbian's.
3. Browser is not as good as Symbian. There is no mouse pointer, links have to be cliccked by stylus; thus I can't surf with one hand.
4. Browser doesn't render pages well. Even my N73's browser renders pages much better than this. Moneycontrol and Orkut sites are absolutely unusable.
5. For some weird reason I am not able to login to icicibank.com; it says that lohin id/password wrong. But ICICIDirect working fine.
Congrats on the buy! The Treo is a good phone. Good to know the 750 comes with WiMo6 now. I thought they were still giving WiMo5.

I'd differ on point 2 (as far as getting into the settings are concerned), but that's just me. I love WiMo for the expansion possibilities and the close to unlimited availability of 3rd party SW.

The OE browser (Pocket IE) is pretty much useless. Opera Mini (free) is a much better option. An even better option is Opera Mobile 8.65 (priced SW). NetFront is also a good alternative option (but I prefer Opera).

PocketIE is pretty much useless wherever there is a bit of javascript involved. That must be the issue with ICICIDirect. Try downloading the demo of Opera Mobile 8.65 and you'll really see the difference!
Old 28th April 2008, 16:51   #3014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
@ajo: if your company has Exchange, IMAP or POP access then BB will be a waste of money and simple EDGE/GPRS is good enough. Being in chennai your access to bandwidth is much better also.
I think so too! IMAP works great with Symbian. I forward all my key email to a gmail account and access email via IMAP on my E90. I've set the phone to download email every 15 minutes automatically. But, since the email app stays connected to the server all the time, a lot of emails get delivered on the phone almost simultaneously.
Old 28th April 2008, 17:30   #3015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Congrats on the buy! The Treo is a good phone. Good to know the 750 comes with WiMo6 now. I thought they were still giving WiMo5.

I'd differ on point 2 (as far as getting into the settings are concerned), but that's just me. I love WiMo for the expansion possibilities and the close to unlimited availability of 3rd party SW.

The OE browser (Pocket IE) is pretty much useless. Opera Mini (free) is a much better option. An even better option is Opera Mobile 8.65 (priced SW). NetFront is also a good alternative option (but I prefer Opera).

PocketIE is pretty much useless wherever there is a bit of javascript involved. That must be the issue with ICICIDirect. Try downloading the demo of Opera Mobile 8.65 and you'll really see the difference!
Thanx hydrashok,

I checked Opera Mobile 8.65 and found it costs USD 64; where Opera mini is free. Is Opera Mobile really worth 100o INR. What are the major differences between it and min. I tried to found through net but couldn't find anything conclusive.

Cheers

Nitin

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks