Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2014, 22:40   #10516
BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Xolo Q3000 meets all your requirements and exceeds on some (has Full HD screen)!

Have been using it since January this year.
Also, per Xolo, this phone will be getting KITKAT upgrade.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post3363552
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Xolo Q300 is what I bought, it is decent enough for your requirements.
It does have a 4000 mAh battery.
Thanks a ton guys. The phone looks good. Will do some research before I buy though. Bit wary of these chinese phones
Old 24th August 2014, 21:03   #10517
Senior - BHPian

Need info on long term reliability on the Lenovo P780 phone. Anyone faced any issues with same ?
Old 24th August 2014, 21:48   #10518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Need info on long term reliability on the Lenovo P780 phone. Anyone faced any issues with same ?
Well, its going strong for last for last 1 year now. No issues seen. Battery is pretty much as it was, except for recent upgrades where I perceive it has come down (still goes 2 days+). Any specific query, shoot.
Old 24th August 2014, 21:53   #10519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Well, its going strong for last for last 1 year now. No issues seen. Battery is pretty much as it was, except for recent upgrades where I perceive it has come down (still goes 2 days+). Any specific query, shoot.
How is the gps ? My basic needs are 5 inch screen , surfing , gps and reliability plus long lasting battery.I am not a apps fan max i use wats app and fuel log so games etc do not matter.

Any network related issues ?
Old 24th August 2014, 22:16   #10520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
How is the gps ? My basic needs are 5 inch screen , surfing , gps and reliability plus long lasting battery.I am not a apps fan max i use wats app and fuel log so games etc do not matter.

Any network related issues ?
If satellite based GPS is your primary requirement, then better explore some other phone. This is poor in locking to satellites. However, with data enabled, it does lock to the location within 30seconds.

I do not face any network issues and I use both sims (bsnl & vodafone here in BLR) and dont really face any major call drops etc. It is sturdy and has survived a few falls and nothing has happened (I have a screen guard & a hard fiber case).

Recent kitkat update messed up the battery performance (in my case). But now it seem to be better after last week's update.

For 12-13k, I think it is a good buy IMO
Old 24th August 2014, 22:55   #10521
BHPian

Recently purchased HTC desire 816 dual sim.
Excellent phone 5.5 inch true HD, 13MP + 5 MP camera, kitkat 4.4.2, snapdragon processor etc etc. Pretty decent performance.
Feels similar to the more expensive metal body HTC one.

Was using iphone4 from the initial batch and still have it, but the hardware could not handle the apps after I upgraded to ios6 . Eagerly waiting for Iphone6 to be released..
Old 25th August 2014, 00:17   #10522
BHPian

Hi! Wanted to replace my 18 month old galaxy grand. Was already a mid spec phone from the start, so was facing some challenges with the new apps hardware requirements.

Decided to replace it day before yesterday. Was contemplating buying either the Lumia 1520 or Gionee E7. Had almost bought the Lumia when history repeated itself and I ended up buying HTC ONE E8!!!

In January this year, while looking out for either the Lenovo P780 or Nexus 5, we ended up buying the Xolo Q3000 for my wife. No disappointment yet!

Since the Grand was in a pretty good condition, I was able to get an exchange value of 8300/- for the new HTC.

Having used the E8 for at least 6 hrs in the past 36 hrs, I must add that it's a gem of a phone!! I already have all the apps that I had on the Grand and the difference is so glaringly visible!!

Last edited by Safety is Param : 25th August 2014 at 00:26.
Old 26th August 2014, 17:19   #10523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunu View Post
Recently purchased HTC desire 816 dual sim.
Excellent phone 5.5 inch true HD, 13MP + 5 MP camera, kitkat 4.4.2, snapdragon processor etc etc. Pretty decent performance.
Feels similar to the more expensive metal body HTC one.

Was using iphone4 from the initial batch and still have it, but the hardware could not handle the apps after I upgraded to ios6 . Eagerly waiting for Iphone6 to be released..

How is the battery life?
Old 26th August 2014, 19:13   #10524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
How is the battery life?
Battery Life pretty decent at 2600 mAh. My usage is moderate (sometimes heavy) and it last 48+ hrs.

Only grouse is visibility under direct sun light is very poor. Its sometime very difficult to read SMS or contacts under harsh sunlight.

I am used to the SUPER iphone4 and still feel that apple products are the best in terms of quality/display/feel/performance and user friendliness.
Old 28th August 2014, 15:38   #10525
BHPian

Call me old school but I am looking for a smart phone with a physical qwerty keypad. I couldn't find any options except the BB Q5. I did not quite like the build quality on it. Any one aware of options in this now rare category?

Thanks in advance.
Old 31st August 2014, 14:14   #10526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunu View Post
Battery Life pretty decent at 2600 mAh. My usage is moderate (sometimes heavy) and it last 48+ hrs.

Only grouse is visibility under direct sun light is very poor. Its sometime very difficult to read SMS or contacts under harsh sunlight.

I am used to the SUPER iphone4 and still feel that apple products are the best in terms of quality/display/feel/performance and user friendliness.
I checked 816 at Chroma and its app menu orientation is vertical aligned (scrolling apps vertically instead of conventional horizontal scrolling app menu home) Is it the same with your phone? can't it be changed?
Old 31st August 2014, 14:29   #10527
BHPian

Quote:
I checked 816 at Chroma and its app menu orientation is vertical aligned..can't it be changed?
I have an HTC One E8, and it has the same vertical orientation. It can't be changed. Only the grid size can be altered, I.e. 3X4, 5X4, etc
Old 31st August 2014, 23:15   #10528
BHPian

Quote:
I checked 816 at Chroma and its app menu orientation is vertical aligned (scrolling apps vertically instead of conventional horizontal scrolling app menu home) Is it the same with your phone? can't it be changed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
I have an HTC One E8, and it has the same vertical orientation. It can't be changed. Only the grid size can be altered, I.e. 3X4, 5X4, etc
Yes the scroll is vertically aligned and can be changed by installing some launchers. I have installed Nova launcher and it provides the grid and screen horizontal scrolling. Frankly speaking, I have created shortcuts and folders on the main page (viz desktop) and that takes care of all my requirements. All said and done, this is a powerful phone at this price point.
Old 1st September 2014, 12:08   #10529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
Call me old school but I am looking for a smart phone with a physical qwerty keypad. I couldn't find any options except the BB Q5. I did not quite like the build quality on it. Any one aware of options in this now rare category?

Thanks in advance.
There are new phones coming out in this month. If you can hold your purchases by 4-6 weeks, then it might be worth the wait.

For example: http://indianexpress.com/article/tec...ack-to-qwerty/
Old 1st September 2014, 16:41   #10530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
Call me old school but I am looking for a smart phone with a physical qwerty keypad.
Have a look at Blackberry 9720. Though this runs an ancient version of OS, it is a rock solid device. It covers that basics (Email/Contacts/GPS/FM/Twitter/Facebook/),costs around 11k and battery lasts 2 - 3 days.

http://in.blackberry.com/smartphones.../overview.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks