Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2014, 02:12   #10441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Quite interesting.. I saw the Moto X and now I get what it is all about. Both the Moto G and X seem to be good VFM. So yes now I can declare that 20k budget isnt an ideal one If the Moto X comes down to at least 22k I will definitely give it a shot. Compared to the Desire 700 this thing offers quite a lot for the price difference. Don't want to miss out on all those features. Will watch it for sometime and decide. Sincerely hope prices drop a bit. Wondering if flipkart exchanges my lumia and offers some price for it
They are providing 10% cash back so if you use standard chartered Bank then you can get it for 21.6..! Good phone for the price it has 2gb RAM. I don't think flip kart buys back phones but you can try selling elsewhere.
Old 21st June 2014, 02:18   #10442
BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Guys strictly staying below 20k, what is the best option available out there? Currently I have the Desire 700 and Lumia 1320 in my radar. Lumia because of its huge screen and a fantastic experience all the while with my 710 and the HTC desire since its promising better hardware on offer. Anything else I can look forward to other than the Samsungs? I have a thing against samsung so I wouldnt be happy buying one. I dont use the phone for anything in specifc like gaming, music or photography etc but I require a lag free environment and mostly that. Since I have lived with the limitations of windows phone without complaining, you can assume that I dont really look too deep down the features.

Whats your suggestions? No extending above 20k at any cost since I need to spend on a few other things and hence ease suggest within 20k only. Thanks in advance
Go for lumia 625 eyes closed. my wife got this phone almost 6 months back and till date not even a minor issue, does not hang, neither slows down. Its a true power horse phone and VFM too. she switched over from samsung galaxy Ace duos running on android which gave her lot of troubles within 6 months of purchase, loving the lumia experience now. Last i saw the price on flipkart ~ 15K. Go for it
Old 22nd June 2014, 09:48   #10443
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys does the Nexus 5 carry international warranty if brought in the USA? I have a couple of friends doing a one month onsite and they're willing to get some on their way back. Since its available for $350 it looks to be an attractive buy. However I wouldnt like to lose warranty since dealing with warranty claims has been an integral part of my life and almost everything I have brought till date has made its trip to SVC under warranty. Hence I dont want to order it in case it doesnt offer an international warranty. Any ideas?
Old 22nd June 2014, 10:13   #10444
BHPian

Quote:
Guys does the Nexus 5 carry international warranty if brought in the USA? I have a couple of friends doing a one month onsite and they're willing to get some on their way back. Since its available for $350 it looks to be an attractive buy. However I wouldnt like to lose warranty since dealing with warranty claims has been an integral part of my life and almost everything I have brought till date has made its trip to SVC under warranty. Hence I dont want to order it in case it doesnt offer an international warranty. Any ideas?
No it doesn't.

However should any problem arise LG service centres here will repair it, for a fee!
Old 22nd June 2014, 10:31   #10445
Senior - BHPian

Nexus 5 does not come with an international warranty. Even the device is different when it comes to supporting LTE bands between US and the rest of the world.
Old 26th June 2014, 06:30   #10446
BHPian

Howdy folks!

Here's a quirky request! Do you know of any smart phone that comes without a camera?

Recently, the wife has switched jobs and the current work environment is very secure. So no camera phones/iPods allowed.

This is quite irritating as she is used to carrying her portable devices with loads of media on it. But now, it seems that even internet access is going to be restricted at the office. So we are searching for a non-camera phone that has some multimedia capabilities. At least it should have the ability to play some videos, and browse the internet on 3G.

Any ideas at all? If yes, please do let me know. Thanks in advance! Cheers!
Old 26th June 2014, 09:41   #10447
BHPian

Old blackberry I don't remember the model number. In Android, iNO mobiles Google it. There is a guy in chennai selling it
Old 28th June 2014, 16:23   #10448
BANNED

I am looking for a good power bank to keep my HTC desire X charged. Do any of you have any recommendations?
Old 28th June 2014, 16:55   #10449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I am looking for a good power bank to keep my HTC desire X charged. Do any of you have any recommendations?
Xiaomi / MIUI has some CHEAP chargers. like ~ 720 bucks for this 10400 MAH beast:
http://www.mi.com/my/mipowerbank10400/
Old 28th June 2014, 17:19   #10450
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Xiaomi / MIUI has some CHEAP chargers. like ~ 720 bucks for this 10400 MAH beast:
http://www.mi.com/my/mipowerbank10400/
Thanks - where can I get it? And is it reliable?
Old 28th June 2014, 22:53   #10451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Thanks - where can I get it? And is it reliable?
They are supposedly launching via FK soon. Sit tight

Their snapdragon 800 equipped Mi3 is in Malaysia for ~15k. That completely kills the MotoG!

We should not be too far away from its launch http://www.mi.com/in/ is up.
Old 28th June 2014, 22:56   #10452
Senior - BHPian

Friends,

I needed a car charger for my Xcent, and after some research, zeroed in on this one:

http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-car-...mdfa6dfevk8zbc

Now my doubt is that i have a Samsung phone (Grand2), but wife has a HTC mobile. However the HTC Mobile works well with the default Samsung charger home as well as micro-USB cable.

Now the above product is specifically for Samsung, but it has a micro-USB port - which i suppose is universal.

So, will using the Samsung car charger with HTC mobile have any adverse affect (on the phone or car electronics) ?

Please suggest.

Last edited by DCEite : 28th June 2014 at 22:57.
Old 28th June 2014, 23:44   #10453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Friends,

I needed a car charger for my Xcent, and after some research, zeroed in on this one:

http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-car-...mdfa6dfevk8zbc

Now my doubt is that i have a Samsung phone (Grand2), but wife has a HTC mobile. However the HTC Mobile works well with the default Samsung charger home as well as micro-USB cable.

Now the above product is specifically for Samsung, but it has a micro-USB port - which i suppose is universal.

So, will using the Samsung car charger with HTC mobile have any adverse affect (on the phone or car electronics) ?

Please suggest.
These are universal. Check the current rating. Some Samsung wall chargers come with 0.7A. Many car chargers come with 0.5A while a good one like capdase (hope you dont have a frisky 3 year old) can run two phones at 1A each: http://www.amazon.in/Capdase-CA00-07...pr_product_top (cheapest one with two slots of 1A each).
Old 3rd July 2014, 11:33   #10454
Distinguished - BHPian

After my Mapmyindia holder got misplaced, and countless other options tried over the years, I finally found the perfect mobile holder for the cars.

Its something called a "gripgo", picked up off of Autotrends.in, for 400 bucks.
I wasnt really sure about the micro-suction surface at first, but after a rough days ride, I can vouch that the thing works, no bouncing around, and easily tiltable.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-img20140703wa0001.jpg  

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-img20140703wa0002.jpg  

Old 3rd July 2014, 11:42   #10455
Senior - BHPian

Installed Android L on my Nexus 5. Missing kit kat already. Even though there arent many changes, the changes themselves are pretty unintuitive. Proves once again that when it comes to UI, there aren't many who can even come close to Apple.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks