Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2014, 13:03   #10411
SBR
BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
If front camera was not on your list, then the Moto E could have been the perfect phone for you at Rs.6999.
Thanks. I will consider this as an option in my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
I'd strongly recommend to stay away from any low end andriod phone with manufacturer customization as they will lag. For your price range Lumia 630/Moto G is a good buy.
I am looking at Lumia 630 as dual Sim is another option I need. I really cannot carry two phones at a time. I need both my Personal & Official connections with me all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
If you can spend 10k, then get the Sony Xperia M.
Sony Xperia is a good option but the dual sim retails around INR 12K which will be an over stretch from my original budget. For now Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7582 is in the list.
Old 22nd May 2014, 13:45   #10412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR View Post
Sony Xperia is a good option but the dual sim retails around INR 12K which will be an over stretch from my original budget. For now Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7582 is in the list.
The android thread is FULL of people tired of this very phone cribbing about its lag. This particular phone is a piece of crap. If you can't spend as much right now - not even 12.5k for MotoG, then wait 1-2-3-4-5-6 months until you feel comfortable spending that additional 2.5k. Far better than buying crap and berating yourself every day of the 1-2 years you will spend with it.
/feel that way about the HTC chacha,and the S3 (before CM11 magic!).
Old 22nd May 2014, 13:48   #10413
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I will consider this as an option in my list.
I own a Moto E and can confirm that you cannot possibly get a better phone for 7k if you can live without the front cam. It has flown off the shelves the very day it was launched. Currently it's out of stock on Flipkart (the only place you can get it from, it has not arrived on retail stores yet) and it has been for quite some time, so you will struggle to get your hands on one soon. Be prepared for a possible long wait if you are considering this.

http://www.flipkart.com/mobiles/~mot...motorola_motoe

Last edited by Oxy : 22nd May 2014 at 13:59.
Old 22nd May 2014, 16:32   #10414
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
I own a Moto E and can confirm that you cannot possibly get a better phone for 7k if you can live without the front cam.
Moto E is something I will look at for sure as an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
The android thread is FULL of people tired of this very phone cribbing about its lag. This particular phone is a piece of crap. If you can't spend as much right now - not even 12.5k for MotoG, then wait 1-2-3-4-5-6 months until you feel comfortable spending that additional 2.5k.
That was a very frank suggestion & appreciate. I normally dont change my handsets too often and the average usage is for 2 to 2.5 years. I would rather wait and buy a good phone than regret buying a non-performer.
Old 22nd May 2014, 18:35   #10415
Senior - BHPian

Moto E is the phone. It can even put to shame the phones that cost 10x its price. I own a high end android phone and recently bought the moto E too.

I must admit that the stock android experience on the moto E is by far the best I have ever come across. And I really wouldn't recommend the Samsung line up to any folks out here. It has completely lost the plot to its rivals.
Old 22nd May 2014, 18:53   #10416
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
S3 (before CM11 magic!).
Are you using an S3 with CM11? What's it like?

cya
R
Old 22nd May 2014, 19:02   #10417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Moto E is the phone. It can even put to shame the phones that cost 10x its price. I own a high end android phone and recently bought the moto E too.

I must admit that the stock android experience on the moto E is by far the best I have ever come across. And I really wouldn't recommend the Samsung line up to any folks out here. It has completely lost the plot to its rivals.
Stock android experience is best on Nexus 4 and 5. Undoubtedly. I can say so cos i have both nexus 4 and moto e. Below 10k Moto E is the best buy if one doesn't needs a front camera.

Apart from good android experience and no lag the best part i have seen is amazing battery life. I don't think i have used any phone in recent times with such a good battery backup. And i agree, No sane person should buy a Samesung
Old 22nd May 2014, 19:36   #10418
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
BHpians,

I am looking at a budget smart phone. My requirements are;

Decent rear camera (5 MP Minimum) and Front camera enough to make Skype Video Calls
Access Outlook emails (My official emails)
Access Whats App, Team BHP
Battery Back up for a day with medium to heavy usage
Durable - It should last for at least 2+ years
Good Phone Book Memory as I have a huge number of business contacts to store in my phone

Points 1, 2 & 6 are important.

Budget - Max 7K and can stretch by 1 or 2K more if required.

I could only come across Xolo a500s for 6.5K but I am not comfortable with the brand. I have always been using Nokia phones for self and Samsung for Wifey.

Any suggestions
Interested in a Lenovo A680 at Rs 8900 (Flipkart)? I recently got one for my wife (not purchased in India though) and so far, the phone's been delivering good..

http://www.flipkart.com/lenovo-a680/...7-ff7b9bd4cc7a

Last edited by PVS : 22nd May 2014 at 19:38.
Old 23rd May 2014, 03:03   #10419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Are you using an S3 with CM11? What's it like?

cya
R
Its been a dream run thus far but its ending. The problem lies with occasional once a day freezes inspite of moving to the latest version of CM11.

Will need to reinstall the "Installer" version using the official SW. It gave me a peaceful three months before things started misbehaving. Otherwise its pretty decent 90% of the time.
Old 23rd May 2014, 05:41   #10420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its been a dream run thus far but its ending. The problem lies with occasional once a day freezes inspite of moving to the latest version of CM11.

Will need to reinstall the "Installer" version using the official SW. It gave me a peaceful three months before things started misbehaving. Otherwise its pretty decent 90% of the time.
I gave my S3 to my father simply because it just would not catch up with the kind of use that I wanted to put it through. My iPhone 4S 64GB filled to brim has absolutely no issues with lags of any kind although app crashes are a bit more frequent after the upgrade to iOS 7.

Also since Samsung hasn't shared the source code for its Exynos CPU with the devs, I am told that few of the camera features don't work apart from TV out and few bugs introduced due to this?

Last edited by moralfibre : 30th June 2014 at 08:20. Reason: Correcting typo
Old 23rd May 2014, 09:39   #10421
Senior - BHPian

Those looking for a very good battery-life can consider the Motorola Droid Maxx (you have to import it from US).
I have started using it recently and the battery life is around 3 days (with about 2 days of WiFi ON and around 1-1.5 hours of calling.)
I don't use TBHP/FB/WA, etc. on the phone. Just email and phone calls.
Old 23rd May 2014, 10:45   #10422
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
Interested in a Lenovo A680 at Rs 8900 (Flipkart)?
Thanks for the suggestion. The reviews about this handset are not that great. After reading multiple reviews and threads, I have realized that it is better I wait for some time till I have a budget of around 12K to spend on a decent android phone. There are good options at lower budgets but don't seem to match my expectations.
Old 23rd May 2014, 12:58   #10423
BHPian

Looking for an android phone to replace my Asha 302.
Budget 20k
Shortlisted Sony Xperia SP and Samsung Grand 2.
Main priorities are call quality, web browsing , camera and a little bit of gaming
Help me choose between the two !

Last edited by VishnuNarayanan : 23rd May 2014 at 13:03.
Old 23rd May 2014, 14:27   #10424
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishnuNarayanan View Post
Looking for an android phone to replace my Asha 302.
Budget 20k
Shortlisted Sony Xperia SP and Samsung Grand 2.
Main priorities are call quality, web browsing , camera and a little bit of gaming
Help me choose between the two !
I would really suggest you to rethink your options.

Samsung is known for it's bloatware and the SP I think is now a pretty old phone.

My advice would be to increase your budget by another 30% and get the Nexus 5. You just cannot go wrong with it.

If that's not possible, wait for a couple of months so that it's price comes down to affordable levels. As someone said earlier, this is a much better approach than to get stuck with something you don't want for another 2-3 years. 1 GB vs 2 GB RAM really makes a lot of difference.

If you are not very particular about Android, check out the Blackberry Z10 and Q10.
Old 23rd May 2014, 15:22   #10425
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I own a Moto E and can confirm that you cannot possibly get a better phone for 7k if you can live without the front cam...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Moto E is the phone. It can even put to shame the phones that cost 10x its price. I own a high end android phone and recently bought the moto E too....
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
...Below 10k Moto E is the best buy if one doesn't needs a front camera.

Apart from good android experience and no lag the best part i have seen is amazing battery life. I don't think i have used any phone in recent times with such a good battery backup...
What is the batter back up you guys are getting for Moto E? Adding your usage pattern would help to connect.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks