Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2014, 09:10   #10276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
S960 has better spec, 2GB Ram and higher internal space. These are my gripe areas in the P780
So when coming to performance, its S960. Ok, let me look at my options in purchasing it. Thanks all for the suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 28th January 2014, 20:23   #10277
BHPian

Found few ads for note3 n9005 models with gear for around 20k in olx. I presume they are unlocked grey market LTE models. Anyone has opinion on this models/experiences with such offers? Similar prices are quoted for major brands as well. They seem too good to be true. Are they real?

Old 28th January 2014, 20:53   #10278
BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkris View Post
Found few ads for note3 n9005 models with gear for around 20k in olx. I presume they are unlocked grey market LTE models. Anyone has opinion on this models/experiences with such offers? Similar prices are quoted for major brands as well. They seem too good to be true. Are they real?

Keep away from it.

They will look like the Note 3, but the Spen would not work and if you have to find out the actual hardware under it you need to use some apps to find it out or else you will easily get deceived.

one of my friend got note 3 at the same prices but after we got it we knew it was not note 3. Similar fake models are available , one listed below.
http://www.lelong.com.my/samsung-gal...-01-Sale-I.htm

Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 21:21   #10279
BHPian

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. I checked prices across the world. And never found price equivalent to what was quoted on these ads. Definitely they must be fakes.

Old 28th January 2014, 21:42   #10280
Senior - BHPian

Do not buy used mobiles via olx unless its an individual buyer, at least in Chennai. I was hunting for a 920 and an iphone 4s - every single poster there has some or the other issue (no original bill, dealers with Jan 2013 dated boxes which are opened but not "used" etc etc). Do not look at it especially for androids, because you need to dig deeper and make sure that what you see is what you are paying for.
Old 30th January 2014, 17:23   #10281
Senior - BHPian

Lenovo Buys the Google Owned Motorola Mobility for just less than $3 billion.

What this means is that phones like Moto X and the upcoming Moto G now become products of Lenovo.

But the question is how good are Lenovo Smartphones in the first place?

There has been big screen budget offerings like the A850 which was plagued by sluggish interface.

The P 770 does not feature in the market place any more and has been replaced by the P780. Yet, the reviews are not very promising.

And more importantly, where does Motorola go from here?

How will this affect the already delayed Moto G sales?
Old 30th January 2014, 19:17   #10282
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Lenovo Buys the Google Owned Motorola Mobility for just less than $3 billion.

But the question is how good are Lenovo Smartphones in the first place?

There has been big screen budget offerings like the A850 which was plagued by sluggish interface.

And more importantly, where does Motorola go from here?

How will this affect the already delayed Moto G sales?
Yes, Lenovo almost bought Motorola.
Lenovo products are good and reliable. but they are not performance oriented. you will see the same 1.2 ghz dual core / quad core processor in all their models. Funny. I hope they will shift to the latest processors.

And for the last point, where will Motorola go from here? I think, no one can answer this.
The catch is Google did not sell Motorola as is. It took out all the required patents and then sold it off.

Old 31st January 2014, 12:42   #10283
Senior - BHPian

Gemi

Lenovo normally have the Mediatek processors making them slower than the direct competition.

Motorola's Moto G was a highly anticipated and much awaited launch but the take over plans will have a drastic effect on its sales. Maybe, they should have stuck to their original launch date in Dec 2013 to have enjoyed a first mover advantage.

As for a lay man, it is the brand that counts and even though Google has the patents, the common man does not understand the nitty gritty of the deals to be bothered with!!
Old 31st January 2014, 17:11   #10284
Distinguished - BHPian

The Lenovo K900 has an Intel processor and the K 910 or the Vibe Z as its called comes with a Snapdragon 800. Have been reading positive reviews about the vibe z on various review sites and the new UI that Lenovo has put on top of stock android is also looks good.
Old 1st February 2014, 01:03   #10285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Don't go for the Lumia 520 now (unless the price difference is significant) since Lumia 525 has already been launched and selling for <10k.

525 has better display, better camera and double the RAM.

Rohan
So I did end up buying a Lumia 525. Got it for 9650 and the 520 was available for 8300.

The phone is great and I still have to make out what are it's pros but here are some cons that I found out in 2 hours of usage -

1 - No notification light! I'm so used to the red/blue/white light blinking on my android phone and now I have to press the unlock button or double-tap the screen everytime to see if I have any messages, etc.

2 - When you open Whatsapp, from the homescreen you can see all the chats but you can't see whether messages have been delivered or not. For that you need to click and open a chat and then see the number of tick marks.

I guess I'll have to adjust to these quirks but I'm still loving the phone. Need to download the free games worth 2045 which Nokia is offering with the 525.

My phone is black but I bought a red panel too. Now looking for an orange glossy one.

Last edited by StrangeWizard : 1st February 2014 at 01:04.
Old 2nd February 2014, 09:12   #10286
BHPian

Ended up buying the Nexus 5. The Lenovos were not available in Croma where they are ready to exchange my Tab 3. There was huge confusion between Note 2, Grand 2. Then thought of getting something new and bought the Nexus. Wife is very happy now due to the breeze of performance. Its so light weight, never can feel painful operating in one hand. Only sore thing, speaker sound is very very quiet. Will try rooting or head to XDA to find some solutions.
Old 5th February 2014, 21:44   #10287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Hi All,

Suddenly saw a Xolo Q3000 in one of the outlets...
Hey, How's the battery life on the q3000? the specs on paper seem too good to be true at this price, i was thinking of buying it, My current phone is a Xolo A800 which I bought a year ago. It still runs fabulously but i have this itch to upgrade and the for the price, i think that q3000 is just fanatstic. Online reviews didn't really convince me and and i thought of looking it up on team bhp and voila!,i found your post. Can you tell me how it's holding up? Any glitches so far? How's the camera?

I was really curious so I did some research and no phone comes close to the q3000 for the price. Absolutely bang for the buck, ain't it?

Your reply may be the deciding factor of my next big phone purchase
Old 6th February 2014, 13:06   #10288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Hey, How's the battery life on the q3000? the specs on paper seem too good to be true at this price, i was thinking of buying it...i think that q3000 is just fanatstic. Online reviews didn't really convince me...can you tell me how it's holding up? Any glitches so far? How's the camera?

I was really curious so I did some research and no phone comes close to the q3000 for the price. Absolutely bang for the buck, ain't it?

Your reply may be the deciding factor of my next big phone purchase
First things first - The phone is a stunner!

I have a Galaxy Grand, and in no terms is it even close to the XOLO Q3000.

Only thing that Xolo lacks is a Smart Screen, but believe me, even if those features are inherent in the Grand, I have never used them in the past year (I bought it on Feb 10, 2013).

From what I have read, the MediaTek processor is specifically designed for Dual-Sim phones and hence, comparison to other processors having only one SIM is kind of comparing Apples to Oranges.

It has been a month since my wife has been using it -

1) GPS locks immediately. Was proved during our last weekend trip to Pondy.

2) Battery is HUMONGOUS. The phone charger was un-plugged on Saturday morning at 06:00 hrs, and the charger was only needed again on Wednesday morning (yesterday). The phone was on roaming for 3 days, GPS was used on it and my wife played Hay-Day on it every day for at-least 2 hours, even in Pondy.

3) There are no call drops that you can relate to the phone. Can't help on any phone if it's due to n/w issues.

4) The screen is Full HD, and that itself should be enough! Crystal clear fonts and images.

5) One thing that could have been better - Sound. If the phone is on a mattress or a sofa, the speaker grille, located on the back side, emits pretty low volume. It could have been better, but then there are a lot of other things that won't allow you to let go off this phone!

6) 2 GB of RAM

7) Dual SIM

8) 13 MP camera which is pretty good if you can avoid your hands shaking.

We bought it on Jan 4 this year. There were hardly any online reviews. I played around with it for almost an hour before deciding to pick it up. Remember, we had set out to buy the Lenovo P780 and ended up buying Xolo Q3000.

The funny part about the online reviews was - they all compared it to Galaxy Note 3. This is utter foolishness. Q3000 and Note 3 cannot be compared. If one desires a Note 3, s/he will only be content with a Note 3. You cannot buy a Q3000 and convince yourself that I bought a near-Note 3 in half the price. Only when you use a Note-3 will you realize why a Q3000 cannot be the former.

We are extremely satisfied with this phone, and for us there is no looking back.

However, if you are not interested in a long battery life, more than or equal to 5 inches screen that is Full HD, 2 GB of RAM, you can also have a look at the Moto - G, available only on Flipkart.

It has 4.5 inches, HD Display, Dual Sim and 16 GB of memory, and costs around 14,000
Old 6th February 2014, 21:14   #10289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
First things first - The phone is a stunner!

It has 4.5 inches, HD Display, Dual Sim and 16 GB of memory, and costs around 14,000
The price you mentioned was the one that caught my attention. But just checked at FLIPKART. It is showing 19680 and 20490 rs. Where from you got this for 14000? Or somebody grought it from outside india?
Old 6th February 2014, 21:48   #10290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthns View Post
The price you mentioned was the one that caught my attention. But just checked at FLIPKART. It is showing 19680 and 20490 rs. Where from you got this for 14000? Or somebody grought it from outside india?
The price is as mentioned in TOI's Bangalore edition, dated today.

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-capture.jpg

The TBHP website is badly scewed up it seems. I had hard time accessing it from office today, and ended up posting the same post multiple times. Even now, at home, I am facing the same issue. Definitely not an issue with ISP.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks