Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2014, 15:38   #10426
Senior - BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishnuNarayanan View Post
Looking for an android phone to replace my Asha 302.
Budget 20k
Shortlisted Sony Xperia SP and Samsung Grand 2.
Main priorities are call quality, web browsing , camera and a little bit of gaming
Help me choose between the two !
Why not a Moto X? Its a little over your budget, but not by much and you get a lot more features for the money you are spending.
Old 23rd May 2014, 16:33   #10427
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Why not a Moto X? Its a little over your budget, but not by much and you get a lot more features for the money you are spending.
Fantastic suggestion. The best possible mid range phone apart from the Nexus 5 if one can live without the expandable memory feature.
Old 23rd May 2014, 17:33   #10428
BHPian

I was looking for a Dual sim Phablet in the 20-25k range with the best features possible. I searched everywhere but was never too satisfied. I saw the video review for the Htc Desire 700 and it looked like Htc one in the video but to my disappointment the model available in India was Black cheap looking plastic with green lines. I enquired with my cousin in Dubai to check if the metallic silver is available there as he was coming down to India in a few days. He told me that Htc Desire 700 was no where to be found but there is Htc Desire 816. I googled the specs of the phone and my mouth opened wide looking at it! 13MP rear camera, 5MP front camera, 5.5 inch HD display, Htc Sense 6(Online it said 5.5 but in my phone it is 6), Android Kitkat 4.4.2, 1.6Ghz Quadcore processor with 1.5GB ram, 8gb internal but expandable upto 128gb! I told him to grab it and get here ASAP!

Here is a pic of the phone:

CNET review:
http://www.cnet.com/products/htc-desire-816/
Attached Thumbnails
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-wp_20140520_001.jpg  

Old 2nd June 2014, 23:07   #10429
BHPian

Looking for a basic dual sim android phone as my secondary device.

Budget is around 5k and requirments are - dual sim, android, whatsapp, good call quality and a decent battery life.

Was interested in the Moto E but the unending waiting period is disappointing. Not really keen on Micromax and all but there seems to be no other options.

Any suggestions?
Old 3rd June 2014, 03:28   #10430
Distinguished - BHPian

Honestly wait for moto E. Superb value and it blows competition out of water.
Old 3rd June 2014, 07:43   #10431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.shekhar View Post

Budget is around 5k and requirments are - dual sim, android, whatsapp, good call quality and a decent battery life.

Was interested in the Moto E but the unending waiting period is disappointing. Not really keen on Micromax and all but there seems to be no other options.

Any suggestions?

http://www.flipkart.com/lenovo-a369i/p/itmdpdz5zzy54ujf
Old 4th June 2014, 21:58   #10432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
My Nexus 5 gone kaput yesterday, bought this Feb. All of a sudden it doesnt turn on or charge? Tried all steps suggested online to no avail.
Gave it to LG service, and as usual got the standard response. Water seepage. I could find water traces on the board where the camera and ear pieces are. And not sure if this was the reason for not powering on.
The guy quoted Rs. 7100 for the board. When I said No, he suggested to wait till Monday and they would check if the phone works again by just cleaning and I can claim warranty. If its mandate to change the part, then need to shell out money.

Fingers crossed!!!
Even after some cleaning the phone doesnt turn on. After much bargain, the service guy settled for 5k to change the motherboard. Sensing something fishy, took the phone and gave it to LG DSC at Ameerpet. They checked and once again confirmed there is some kind of liquid damage possibly milk. Not sure what happened, but after my wife dealt with them they agreed to change the motherboard within warranty. Advice given, please handle carefully and don not repeat. The phone is back as new and I am happy soul. LG, Kudos!!!
Old 7th June 2014, 17:00   #10433
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Was interested in the Moto E but the unending waiting period is disappointing. Not really keen on Micromax and all but there seems to be no other options...
This has been back to store in the last 2 days. White is available but seems Black is sold out once again.
Old 9th June 2014, 13:20   #10434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Any suggestions?
GO for Moto E. No other phone can match it in this budget. Even if you have to wait for it for a while then it's worth the waiting period as well.
Old 15th June 2014, 12:26   #10435
BHPian

Quote:

Any suggestions?
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/zte-...880h/143161287
I own this one. Decent phone. I owned a ZTE Blade (aka Dell XCD 35) earlier. Was never disappointed.
Old 20th June 2014, 23:43   #10436
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys strictly staying below 20k, what is the best option available out there? Currently I have the Desire 700 and Lumia 1320 in my radar. Lumia because of its huge screen and a fantastic experience all the while with my 710 and the HTC desire since its promising better hardware on offer. Anything else I can look forward to other than the Samsungs? I have a thing against samsung so I wouldnt be happy buying one. I dont use the phone for anything in specifc like gaming, music or photography etc but I require a lag free environment and mostly that. Since I have lived with the limitations of windows phone without complaining, you can assume that I dont really look too deep down the features.

Whats your suggestions? No extending above 20k at any cost since I need to spend on a few other things and hence ease suggest within 20k only. Thanks in advance
Old 21st June 2014, 00:28   #10437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Guys strictly staying below 20k, what is the best option available out there? Currently I have the Desire 700 and Lumia 1320 in my radar. Lumia because of its huge screen and a fantastic experience all the while with my 710 and the HTC desire since its promising better hardware on offer. Anything else I can look forward to other than the Samsungs? I have a thing against samsung so I wouldnt be happy buying one. I dont use the phone for anything in specifc like gaming, music or photography etc but I require a lag free environment and mostly that. Since I have lived with the limitations of windows phone without complaining, you can assume that I dont really look too deep down the features.

Whats your suggestions? No extending above 20k at any cost since I need to spend on a few other things and hence ease suggest within 20k only. Thanks in advance
If you only want a smooth performer and not too worried about the camera then the Moto G 16gb is the best bet. Had there been the LTE version in India with expandable memory it would have been even better. I have been fun MOTO G since February and inspite if being a heavy user have faced no issues to date.
Old 21st June 2014, 00:34   #10438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
If you only want a smooth performer and not too worried about the camera then the Moto G 16gb is the best bet. Had there been the LTE version in India with expandable memory it would have been even better. I have been fun MOTO G since February and inspite if being a heavy user have faced no issues to date.
The benefits I see is a better screen and a way lesser price tag. But since I am wiling to spend more than that much, I striked out the Moto G earlier.

Since I am not well versed with the mobile phone market, is there something really good that the Moto G offers in general? I assumed it to be a worthy competitor in its price bracket, but what is making it run out of stock on flipkart?
Old 21st June 2014, 00:46   #10439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The benefits I see is a better screen and a way lesser price tag. But since I am wiling to spend more than that much, I striked out the Moto G earlier.

Since I am not well versed with the mobile phone market, is there something really good that the Moto G offers in general? I assumed it to be a worthy competitor in its price bracket, but what is making it run out of stock on flipkart?
You get stock kitkat 4.4.2 that offers lag free performance unheard of in the under 20k segment. You get 720p screen which the lumia 1320 does not offer. HTC DESIRE 610 is a good phone but is slightly over your budget same case with the moto X. Increasing your budget from 14k to 20k does not offer anything extra as of now so better spend 14k or 24k. Just my thoughts.
Old 21st June 2014, 01:17   #10440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
You get stock kitkat 4.4.2 that offers lag free performance unheard of in the under 20k segment. You get 720p screen which the lumia 1320 does not offer. HTC DESIRE 610 is a good phone but is slightly over your budget same case with the moto X. Increasing your budget from 14k to 20k does not offer anything extra as of now so better spend 14k or 24k. Just my thoughts.
Quite interesting.. I saw the Moto X and now I get what it is all about. Both the Moto G and X seem to be good VFM. So yes now I can declare that 20k budget isnt an ideal one If the Moto X comes down to at least 22k I will definitely give it a shot. Compared to the Desire 700 this thing offers quite a lot for the price difference. Don't want to miss out on all those features. Will watch it for sometime and decide. Sincerely hope prices drop a bit. Wondering if flipkart exchanges my lumia and offers some price for it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks