Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2014, 12:16   #10291
Lij
BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
The price is as mentioned in TOI's Bangalore edition, dated today.
I think srikanthns read only your first and last sentences

I believe the first is about the Xolo Q3000 and last about Moto G.

By the way I got the Moto G 16 Gb variant at 14K. Its amazing value for money phone, crisp 4.5 inch HD display, stock android (atleast very close to it ). I suggest this to anyone looking for a phone with around 4.5 inch screen within 12-18K as I believe there is no other phone that gives as much features as the Moto G in this price range.
Old 12th February 2014, 23:55   #10292
BHPian

Guys got a iPhone 4S from a fri of mine. The phone was in contract with at&t there. Since my fri has moved to iPhone5 he has given it to me. What do I need to do in order to use it here in India? I have no idea about an iPhone as I come from a Symbian and android background.
Old 13th February 2014, 00:24   #10293
Senior - BHPian

Need some advice folks! I own an I phone 5 for my personal use and a 8520 blackberry for official emails and calls. Recently my office I.T folks went crazy and changed our mail server from outlook to lotus / IBM notes. This means that any other OS like android, windows or IOS can be used for emails and using blackberry has no clear advantage. Added to this, the track pad in my blackberry is having issues and I'm contemplating on buying a new device. The office IT folks suggest that android is the best for lotus notes. Any idea if this is right?
My main purpose would be emails & phone calls. Since I carry an iPhone 5 anyway, I wouldn't be too keen on spending anything more than 8 to 10 k on this new device. Any suggestions please? The new moto G caught my eye, but it was a little over my budget and was a little apprehensive about servicing backup considering that Lenovo has now bought out Motorola.
Old 13th February 2014, 01:16   #10294
BHPian

I use android for accessing notes and it is very cool. Now since you already have iphone 5, I don't see a need to buy a new phone. If you may wish so, you can use it. I feel that would be better than investing in a new android.
Old 13th February 2014, 06:57   #10295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Need some advice folks! I own an I phone 5 for my personal use and a 8520 blackberry for official emails and calls. Recently my office I.T folks went crazy and changed our mail server from outlook to lotus / IBM notes. This means that any other OS like android, windows or IOS can be used for emails and using blackberry has no clear advantage. Added to this, the track pad in my blackberry is having issues and I'm contemplating on buying a new device. The office IT folks suggest that android is the best for lotus notes. Any idea if this is right?
My main purpose would be emails & phone calls. Since I carry an iPhone 5 anyway, I wouldn't be too keen on spending anything more than 8 to 10 k on this new device. Any suggestions please? The new moto G caught my eye, but it was a little over my budget and was a little apprehensive about servicing backup considering that Lenovo has now bought out Motorola.
Go for the MotoG if you want to keep a second phone. Else iPhone supports Lotus notes email out of the box itself. BB wont support lotus notes unless you have BES. You can do jugaad - forward emails to gmail, and reply from gmail with official ID set as reply-to.

Service won't be an issue now. There is a craze around the motoG + lenovo will support in due course using its network (which is better than some small time service center, no?). Plus the phone is the best 12.5k buys you (outside of WP, where the screen is a letdown).

Last edited by phamilyman : 13th February 2014 at 06:58.
Old 15th February 2014, 11:47   #10296
Senior - BHPian

I dropped my wife's Xperia arc S. Touchscreen damaged.

Any suggestions where i can get it replaced(Bangalore)? Obviously, phone is out of warranty.

Peace must prevail at homes, you see.

EDIT: the digitizer is working. The LCD is cracked.

Last edited by ramzsys : 15th February 2014 at 11:53.
Old 15th February 2014, 16:41   #10297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
I dropped my wife's Xperia arc S. Touchscreen damaged.

Any suggestions where i can get it replaced(Bangalore)? Obviously, phone is out of warranty.

Peace must prevail at homes, you see.

EDIT: the digitizer is working. The LCD is cracked.

You can try the Sony Service Centre at 7th Block, Jayanagar. Recently repaired(not replaced) a friend's touchscreen phone but in your case, I guess a replacement would be needed. You can give them a ring though at 22440123
Old 15th February 2014, 22:54   #10298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
You can try the Sony Service Centre at 7th Block, Jayanagar. Recently repaired(not replaced) a friend's touchscreen phone but in your case, I guess a replacement would be needed. You can give them a ring though at 22440123
They said it would cost '9000'. This is much more than the current value of the phone!
Old 17th February 2014, 22:16   #10299
BHPian

The LG Optimus G AT&T version E970 is just awesome. 2GB RAM with Quad core snapdragon is way better than my current Lenovo P780. The display is very crisp & all actions with the phone is just superb.The battery is not comparable, but does a very decent job to survive a day+ without issues. Two downsides - AT&T bloatware (which can be removed / custom ROM installed) and warranty claim not feasible since it is not US.

I had bought this from Ebay.in (GEB) and had paid 13.5K after a 2K off coupon during republic day sale, making it a great buy for its features & the price paid.
Old 21st February 2014, 21:02   #10300
BHPian

Re: Who uses CDMA @ TeamBhp

Have been a reliance cdma user since inception of the Dirubhai Ambani Pioneer Offer!,

Great Network, Good Voice Quality and the only issue now is lack of Handsets.

I may go the GSM way as I am having problems locating a Good Phone. No other reason. Happy with CDMA!
Old 22nd February 2014, 00:54   #10301
BHPian

+1 to shashi

I've been a CDMA(reliance) guy from day one. Apart from availability of good handsets, n every one going the GSM way, personally I don't think of any reason to switch from CDMA.

The connectivity is seamless, call rates are dirt cheap n even whilst roaming, I've never faced connectivity issues. Real Happy customer
Old 22nd February 2014, 01:44   #10302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi63 View Post
Have been a reliance cdma user since inception of the Dirubhai Ambani Pioneer Offer!,

Great Network, Good Voice Quality and the only issue now is lack of Handsets.

I may go the GSM way as I am having problems locating a Good Phone. No other reason. Happy with CDMA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
+1 to shashi

I've been a CDMA(reliance) guy from day one. Apart from availability of good handsets, n every one going the GSM way, personally I don't think of any reason to switch from CDMA.

The connectivity is seamless, call rates are dirt cheap n even whilst roaming, I've never faced connectivity issues. Real Happy customer
If you want a Moto G for Reliance CDMA for just 6939, chekc this out

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post3372905
Old 22nd February 2014, 10:12   #10303
BHPian

I too ordered the Moto G CDMA yesterday

Now thinking of taking a prepaid Reliance CDMA connection first & experience the network as i have never used CDMA before.
Once i m satisfied with what Reliance has to offer, i m thinking of Porting my current GSM number to Reliance CDMA.

Please can someone here suggest me some good prepaid as well as postpaid plans for Delhi ?
The usage for prepaid would be minimal & just for testing purposes. The postpaid however would be mainly used for voice & basic data usage such as Mails, T-bhp, some net surfing thats it.
(Current usage on Vodafone is around Rs.600-700).
--
Satyam Kaushik

Last edited by satyamkaushik : 22nd February 2014 at 10:13.
Old 22nd February 2014, 17:55   #10304
Distinguished - BHPian

Are the flip type phones still available? My mother is looking for one. But could not find any on the net. Any pointers?
Old 22nd February 2014, 19:18   #10305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Are the flip type phones still available? My mother is looking for one. But could not find any on the net. Any pointers?
Bought this Razr 3 months ago. I paid 3k for it. No bill or box were provided with it though.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-1393076815671.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks