Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2008, 22:39   #3181
Team-BHP Support

No sir its not a translation issue, reported in many press conferences by Airtel and HTC.

India picks up HTC Touch Diamond, 3G not included - Engadget Mobile

Smokin: i know 3G aint here yet, but things can change in couple of months and at that time i dont want be smokiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnn rather fuming, for not having 3G on my new phone!

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th May 2008 at 22:47.
Old 25th May 2008, 22:58   #3182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin View Post
3g service in india ??!...
Just a matter of months, not years. GoI, TRAI et al, are mulling over the licensing, spectrum sharing and pricing. Base infrastructure is already in place, the rest of it will go in as soon as the Service Providers are selected.
Old 25th May 2008, 23:06   #3183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Just a matter of months, not years. GoI, TRAI et al, are mulling over the licensing, spectrum sharing and pricing. Base infrastructure is already in place, the rest of it will go in as soon as the Service Providers are selected.
To add to it, if things go as planned, then we may witness the rolling out of 3G services by the beginning of next year.

The Hindu Business Line : 3G services launch by early next year likely
Old 25th May 2008, 23:25   #3184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
They are prices with bill and warranty, 500-1000 Rs here and there. N82 is 19k's but worth every penny if you ask me.
You have given me full chavi now... the n82 looks like the best there is.
I wish I could get something like the iPhone but with n82 features

BTW somebody said authorised dealers the n82 is available for 17.5k

Is nokia planning on launching any phones shortly? In that case there might be a further drop in the price I reckon... I dont mind waiting a month or so, rather I cant afford the current price.
Old 26th May 2008, 13:46   #3185
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
You have given me full chavi now... the n82 looks like the best there is.
I wish I could get something like the iPhone but with n82 features

BTW somebody said authorised dealers the n82 is available for 17.5k

Is nokia planning on launching any phones shortly? In that case there might be a further drop in the price I reckon... I dont mind waiting a month or so, rather I cant afford the current price.

N96, the New E90, E71, E66 are probably in the launching queue. And i think 19K is the cost of the black N82 the titanium one should be slightly cheaper.
Old 26th May 2008, 13:58   #3186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
N96, the New E90, E71, E66 are probably in the launching queue. And i think 19K is the cost of the black N82 the titanium one should be slightly cheaper.
I think both the N82 models are priced the same.
Old 26th May 2008, 14:15   #3187
Senior - BHPian

@aza.... both the models are priced exactly the same. I had the option to go for the black one but I like the titanium one better especially the chromed front. The n82 saw a price drop on 7th april which brought its price down from about 21.5 to 19.5 k's, I doubt there's another price drop on it, it should still be 19k's.
Old 27th May 2008, 14:37   #3188
Senior - BHPian

Anyone has experience with Direct Push with Outlook Mobile and MS Exchange server? I was trying it out on HTC Touch, but somehow DP does not seem to be doing it's job consistently.

Compared to BB, where the notification arrives BEFORE it shows up on Outlook (desktop), with the Mobile version it seems to arrive (whenever it actually does, that's where the problem is) LATER than showing up on Outlook (desktop). Both were OTA over Airtel.
Old 27th May 2008, 14:42   #3189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Anyone has experience with Direct Push with Outlook Mobile and MS Exchange server? I was trying it out on HTC Touch, but somehow DP does not seem to be doing it's job consistently.

Compared to BB, where the notification arrives BEFORE it shows up on Outlook (desktop), with the Mobile version it seems to arrive (whenever it actually does, that's where the problem is) LATER than showing up on Outlook (desktop). Both were OTA over Airtel.
I use both BB and Direct Push with Outlook Mobile (depending on which handset I use). Notification arrives before outlook on my HTC, same as Blackberry.
Old 27th May 2008, 14:54   #3190
Senior - BHPian

Nokia E51

I am considering the Nokia E51. I have gone through the numerous reviews on WWW, but I would just like a simple pros-cons analysis from users on TBHP.

Any significant negatives or amazing positives that users could post would be highly appreciated!

Also, how is it compared to E50, especially when it comes to hang ups, heating up and rare instances of the call going direct to speaker phone.

Some that I have come across -
(-) The volume button on the side is extremely hard to press
(+) Quite fast, credit to the fact that its running S60 FP2
Old 28th May 2008, 10:50   #3191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I am considering the Nokia E51. I have gone through the numerous reviews on WWW, but I would just like a simple pros-cons analysis from users on TBHP.

Any significant negatives or amazing positives that users could post would be highly appreciated!

Also, how is it compared to E50, especially when it comes to hang ups, heating up and rare instances of the call going direct to speaker phone.

Some that I have come across -
(-) The volume button on the side is extremely hard to press
(+) Quite fast, credit to the fact that its running S60 FP2
If TBHP members could suggest trust worthy shops in Mumbai (preferably Western suburbs), which can offer a good price or a good deal, that would be highly appreciated !
Old 1st June 2008, 20:39   #3192
Team-BHP Support

Interesting stuff...

Check this out, Android has come a long way and a short demo on its capabilities

Old 1st June 2008, 21:09   #3193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
If TBHP members could suggest trust worthy shops in Mumbai (preferably Western suburbs), which can offer a good price or a good deal, that would be highly appreciated !
In the Western suburbs, you have Alfa (Irla Lane in Ville Parle) that is quite reliable. Have bought quite a few cellphones from them in the past without any problems.
Old 1st June 2008, 21:40   #3194
Senior - BHPian

Guys, what's your opinion in the N82?? A friend wants to buy one, and would like to know if there are any issues/problems with the phone.
Old 1st June 2008, 23:31   #3195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Check this out, Android has come a long way and a short demo on its capabilities

YouTube - [Google I/O] The Android demo/presentation by Steve Horowitz

Very nice.. has google tied up with any manufacturer's yet or will it be freely available?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks