Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2009, 16:23   #4306
Senior - BHPian

My next phone
Nokia Europe - Nokia 2700 classic - Products

OR

Nokia Europe - Nokia 6303 classic - Products

A big step down but i need a simple phone for making phone calls and SMS. This will be main phone rest there will always be bling secondary phone

Last edited by abhibh : 6th February 2009 at 16:35.
Old 6th February 2009, 16:32   #4307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
... I have an XDA IIi that was in hibernation that I need to bring back to life. I'd put it aside after it started dying randomly and hanging at the bootloader screen randomly. ...
DIY, Anup! I don't think that is anything to do with hardware. Something that you configured wrongly has put it out of kilter. If hardware is a problem, it will consistently fail either at the same time after power up / reset, or when a certain action is taken.

Try downloading a cooked ROM for it (hope you have a ROM backup; if not take one before changing ROM). You might lose some functionality given by O2, if any, but that shouldn't be a problem. I'm sure you can upgrade to WM5 or WM6 from the CE 2003 PPC-PE. Take onlythe version with minimum footprint, so that you don't run into memory problems.
Old 6th February 2009, 18:48   #4308
Senior - BHPian

@devarshi84, thank you very much. I did try MWG (had heard that O2 phones where being brought out by MWG earlier). MWG is serviced by MDR Services India, and I tried calling about 6 of their joints around the country and nobody's heardof MWG (!!!). Last I heard from Delhi, MDR is shutting down operations, and they are not taking any phones for service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
...Something that you configured wrongly has put it out of kilter. If hardware is a problem, it will consistently fail either at the same time after power up / reset, or when a certain action is taken.

Try downloading a cooked ROM for it (hope you have a ROM backup; if not take one before changing ROM). ...
Danke! Was planning to try this as last resort, but I think I'm going to give it a spin this weekend. I read up on the procedure at xda-developers (there's a nice thread for HTC Alpines stuck at boot-loader screen) and it looks painless enough. Need to organize a 512MB MMC/SD and a USB cardreader for the job.

The XDA IIi is a HTC Alpine, and unfortunately, of the three in the family (Alpine, Blue Angel, Himalaya), the Alpine alone cannot be upraded to WM5 or 6. Some issue to do with the Wifi drivers and the Camera driver (of all things ).

I love this phone a lot, and I personally think it is faster than even the current crop of HTC phones. Not to mention the 3.5" screen (it is QVGA, but that's ok with me). I've not had any other problems with the phone for the 4-odd years I'd used it. Lack of Aftermarket software support and lack of EDGE are the only negatives I see with it, but then I'd got it setup just right, so not much need for any more SW. I don't mind shedding a bit of blood to get this baby up and running.
Old 7th February 2009, 06:53   #4309
BANNED

My Dopod D600 (HTC P3400) had a similar problem. the phone used to hand at the bootloader screen and then turn white.. tried playing around.. nothing worked.. finally had to take it to service center to get it fixed.. The problem was found to be in the mother board and had to be replaced!!
Old 7th February 2009, 06:55   #4310
BANNED

A question to gurus.. Can I upgrade my WM5 to WM6 on my Dopod D600 (Also called HTC P3400)?? If yes, can someone guide me with some info on it.
Old 7th February 2009, 10:55   #4311
Senior - BHPian

@Zerocritical, looks like it is possible. (The HTC P3400 is the HTC Gene.) More here: Gene upgrading etc. - xda-developers
Old 7th February 2009, 15:26   #4312
BANNED

What's the best buy between the Nokia E71, E61i & E61? What do each of these models cost?
Old 7th February 2009, 22:32   #4313
BANNED

Quote:
@Zerocritical, looks like it is possible. (The HTC P3400 is the HTC Gene.) More here: Gene upgrading etc. - xda-developers

Yes.. HTC P3400 is Dopod D600... and is also Gene.. Thanks for the link..
Old 10th February 2009, 05:30   #4314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
What's the best buy between the Nokia E71, E61i & E61? What do each of these models cost?
Nothing beats the E71 (18.5k) Go for it without thinking twice.
Old 15th February 2009, 19:50   #4315
aZa
Senior - BHPian

E71 is coming out in an ALL BLACK avatar. Wait for it
Old 15th February 2009, 23:09   #4316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
E71 is coming out in an ALL BLACK avatar. Wait for it
Yeah, Can see preview that color on the UK Nokia site.
Looks amazing. And if the plastic isnt painted, the rear side wont be prone to discoloration like the existing grey steel. Wonder if the complete housing could be replaced with a black one.

Has any one tried creating themes for series 60/40 with Carbide.UI?

E71 Crash: Whilst using Nokia maps(after installing the maps through the PC). The phone restarts when I okay GPRS connection on application startup. If i don't, the application works fine.

Last edited by gendarmee : 15th February 2009 at 23:22. Reason: adding a note
Old 15th February 2009, 23:11   #4317
BANNED

Quote:
Finally!!! Figured it out and successfully upgraded to Win Mobile 6.1 after corrupting my Cell's ROM a couple of times...

But am happy that its working perfectly now!!!
Old 16th February 2009, 18:44   #4318
Senior - BHPian

@zerocritical, that's good to know! My ROM upgrade on the XDA IIi went south. The phone killed itself in between the ROM upgrade. No sign of life, except a slight flickering on the screen. Guess I am in the market for a new WiMo phone now.
Old 16th February 2009, 18:48   #4319
Senior - BHPian

HTC Touch Diamond II and Touch Pro II

Announced at MWC:

The HTC Touch Diamond II
(HTC's Touch Diamond2 adds zoom bar, mega screen, surprisingly few diamonds - Engadget Mobile)
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-htctouchdiamond21.jpg

The HTC Touch Pro II (HTC Touch Pro2 is awesome in ways the Touch Pro never could be - Engadget Mobile)
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-htctouchpro2handson1.jpg

400x800 screen in the Touch Pro II and a 480x800 screen plus 512MB ROM and 288MB RAM in the Diamond II: YUM! But it is the same old Processor in both. :(

Source: Engadget Mobile

Last edited by hydrashok : 16th February 2009 at 18:51.
Old 16th February 2009, 18:55   #4320
Team-BHP Support

Yup these look classy, what happened to win 6.5 announcement, any news?

EDIT: Nokia E55 is also yummy, esp with a 339$ tag!

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th February 2009 at 19:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks