Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2024, 10:21   #12271
BHPian

Re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
.... So there is hope that the problem would be fixed with software update. :-)
Unlikely that it's a sw issue. The A54s camera is right on top nearly matching the S series phone cameras. So the difference is to be expected.
Old 5th April 2024, 11:10   #12272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari_rama View Post
will try luck with service center as I am coming back to India.
As long as there is no visible damage on the frame right above or below the green line, the claim should go trou. I had a chat with the repair center lady while I went for the return and she told accidental falls can create the green line and they look for dents/damages on the frame to rule out such scenarios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq View Post
Contemplating buying oneplus 12. Many colleagues/friends cautioned me against OP due to specifically this reason. Does the issue still persist with newer Oneplus models?
OP claims the issue is with OP8/9 series for displays manufactured by a specific company and they changed the display OEM and the issue will not happen on newer devices. A colleague of mine had a OP7 series with the same issue which popped up right after a software upgrade(just like in my case), but the service center was not accepting the claim. The same issue was happening on Oppo or Vivo (don't remember the exact one) and Samsung devices, all display panels were made by the same manufacturer. It is worth mentioning that OP was the only company to openly accept the issue and buy back defective devices.

I have 2 OP devices, a 4yr old 7T Pro and 10 Pro(which we bought with the coupon in exchange of damaged 9). the 7T pro still works well and I don't see a reason to upgrade anytime soon. On the price point, I feel OP is no longer the flagship killer as they used to call it. It is always better to time your purchase and get it just before the new version is about to release. You get a nice discount(15 to 22k) and the phone will be worth the price you pay then. I don't see any value for money paying the full price just to get a new device.

Last edited by d.w.w. : 5th April 2024 at 11:11.
d.w.w. is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 21:02   #12273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
I am looking for a 5g android phone for my mother. Budget is around 10-12 k. So far I have zeroed in on Samsung M14, Samsung A14, Redmi 12. Any other suggestions?
Bought the Poco M6 pro for my son 3 days back for 10999. The display is sharp and crisp. Battery is also good lasts a day and half in regular everyday use.
Too much bloatware and useless apps. Had to uninstall atleast 12 apps.
Overall a good phone on this budget
n.arun01 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2024, 09:25   #12274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.arun01 View Post
Bought the Poco M6 pro for my son 3 days back for 10999. The display is sharp and crisp. Battery is also good lasts a day and half in regular everyday use.
Too much bloatware and useless apps. Had to uninstall atleast 12 apps.
Overall a good phone on this budget
Thanks. I was also thinking of POCO M6 pro, but then saw that Galaxy M15 getting launched on Monday, 8th April, so hoping that the M14 gets a further price cut, it seems to be a good phone too. Let's wait and see.
Old 17th April 2024, 01:47   #12275
Senior - BHPian

Meanwhile, I would request everyone to stay away from nothing phones. They are just a marketing powerhouse.

I say this as a disappointed Nothing Phone 1 user (very slow unlike oneplus phones, esp with corporate software) - terribly mediocre camera and no real compatibility with android enterprise (again one plus shines) and now furious nothing ear-2 owner.

The Nothing ear2 is a great device. Brilliant actually.

except one earbud died. Mine was purchased in Jun 2023
On 2nd April, went to mumbai service center. Claim rejected because of near invisible cosmetic chip off in the case (under 1mm). Sadly I was late, so the service center closed right as they rejected my claim.

On 6th april, went to Gurgaon service center. First time in my life, a brand is asking me twice to connect with their center. This is a joke of a company

HARD AVOID!
phamilyman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 09:44   #12276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I say this as a disappointed Nothing Phone 1 user (very slow unlike oneplus phones, esp with corporate software)
Depends on which Oneplus phone you are comparing with. The Phone (1) has a midrange chipset - which they fixed in Phone (2). I had Intune in my Moto Edge 20 (SD 778) and the device was indeed slow. I removed Intune and the phone is now brisk.
dragonfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2024, 14:39   #12277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
Thanks. I was also thinking of POCO M6 pro, but then saw that Galaxy M15 getting launched on Monday, 8th April, so hoping that the M14 gets a further price cut, it seems to be a good phone too. Let's wait and see.
Thanks for the suggestions. Ended up buying the Samsung M15.
Garth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 16:45   #12278

Hello everyone,

I am about to get a new phone under a 25k budget and I have shortlisted two phones according to my usage 1) OP Nord CE 4 and 2) OP Nord 3.

My day-to-day usage would be nominal with only some casual gaming. Camera is not the top priority but it should be good for today's standards. Battery life of around 5-6 hrs will be more than sufficient. I am supposed to keep this phone for the next 4 years, so the reliability of the handset is also important.

Both of the ones as mentioned earlier fall under the 25k category and have good specs but I'm finding it hard to choose the right one between these two.

I ordered the Nord CE 4 initially but then cancelled it when I saw the Nord 3 which is retailing around a couple thousand cheaper. I am slightly inclined towards this due to being a segment higher. Both of them have Android updates up to Android 16

Which one would be a better buy for my kind of usage?
I am also open to other options if they're better than those I have shortlisted

Regards,
diesel teen
Old 23rd April 2024, 18:00   #12279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselteen View Post
Hello everyone,

I am about to get a new phone under a 25k budget
Why not consider Moto G84 5G, It is very ggod phone and comes for ~18K.
Moto Edge 40 Neo goes for 25k but has mediatek chip
Old 23rd April 2024, 18:47   #12280

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
Why not consider Moto G84 5G, It is very ggod phone and comes for ~18K.
Moto Edge 40 Neo goes for 25k but has mediatek chip
The reason for not considering Moto G84 is due to its processor(SD 695) which is pretty old and has some camera limitations.

The Edge 40 Neo is my third preference, but it has no display protection + a curved display this is a bigger con to me as the display will be prone to break when it falls. Also, the camera performance is sub-par in that range.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks