Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2022, 08:34   #11746
BHPian

Re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
Ended up buying the S22 Ultra ( way over my original budget ). And yes, I had to install DevCheck to spit out the details - it's a cool application to get device telemetry.
Did you check Motorola Edge 30 Ultra? At Rs. 55k with the kind of specs, is it a good option to consider as against the S series tide?
VWAllstar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 08:42   #11747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Did you check Motorola Edge 30 Ultra? At Rs. 55k with the kind of specs, is it a good option to consider as against the S series tide?
No sir, let me check it out. But honestly, I have stuck to Samsung for most of my purchases barring once when Micromax was on the ascent and I regretted every bit of me that went for the Micromax.
Old 23rd September 2022, 08:51   #11748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
Confused between S20 FE vs S21 FE, both are very similar in specs and whereas S20 looks dated the S21 FE is upto date with design.
Have been using Samsung S21 FE+5G and is excellent for photography/youtube. Fb usually I open on my desktop.

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-20220725_162045.jpg

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-20220725_162159.jpg

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-20220824_135027.jpg

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd September 2022 at 09:03.
ACMerchant is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 09:11   #11749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
My S20 FE came with 8GB RAM by default. I am sure that's the case with the S21 FE as well. Can you share a source which says the RAM on the S21 FE is 6GB?
See the left model that has 6gb option. On the other day i could see that available for 32k on samsung website and 8gb was out of stock.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-psx_20220923_090908.jpg  

ajayc123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 20:36   #11750
BHPian

On samsung website, S20FE is available for a 29999 and with a 3000 instant discount on HDFC credit/debit cards. HDFC discount seemed to be available only for this model. At 27k effective price this is a very good option below 30k.
I first ordered s20FE but later changed mind as I always longed for a compact size phone. Went ahead and ordered S22 for 50,340 net price.

Last edited by deetee : 23rd September 2022 at 20:40.
deetee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 20:49   #11751
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
On samsung website, S20FE is available for a 29999 and with a 3000 instant discount on HDFC credit/debit cards. HDFC discount seemed to be available only for this model. At 27k effective price this is a very good option below 30k
Amazon had it listed at the same price: in addition, there was a bonus discount of 2,000 + 10% cash back on SBI credit card.

For someone not overly worried about battery life, this is indeed an excellent choice.
Quote:
On Amazon, 2000 discount is on s20fe with coupon. Not available on s22. S22 is available for 50k net after 3k discount on SBI credit card. I don't have sbi credit card nor am I exchanging my current phone. So I preferred to buy from samsung direct.
Of course.

I too was referring to S20FE.

Last edited by dailydriver : 23rd September 2022 at 21:06.
dailydriver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 21:00   #11752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Amazon had it listed at the same price: in addition, there was a bonus discount of 2,000 + 10% cash back on SBI credit card.
On Amazon, 2000 discount is on s20fe with coupon. Not available on s22. S22 is available for 50k net after 3k discount on SBI credit card. I don't have sbi credit card nor am I exchanging my current phone. So I preferred to buy from samsung direct.
deetee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 13:01   #11753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi View Post
I am thinking of changing my 2 years old Oneplus 8.
I have shortlisted :
Realme GT2 pro, available on Flipkart for 33k rupees.
A market shop suggested Xiaomi 12 pro which is available at 47k rupees.
Bought the Xiaomi 12 pro 12 GB Ram Variant online for 48500 rupees. I will get delivery in 2 days.
shikh_oberoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 21:19   #11754
BHPian

I'm currently using a Motorola e6s (2020). Unfortunately, after some cycling misadventures, I've managed to shatter the screen - while keeping the screen guard intact.
Are there any reliable service centers in Nagpur where I can replace the screen with a OEM part, and is it even worth doing so?
Also, my mom's backup phone - Moto G5S Plus needs a screen replacement and a micro-USB port replacement (is that even possible?) - this is to keep the phone running as a music player/timelapse device. Are spares available for this model? Can this be DIYed?
ryzen7@5800u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 17:22   #11755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
Ended up buying the S22 Ultra ( way over my original budget ). And yes, I had to install DevCheck to spit out the details - it's a cool application to get device telemetry.
One of my friends is planning. Any feedback on battery life? How often is charging required?
Old 13th October 2022, 19:36   #11756
BHPian

First gaming phone - Struck in limbo [Only Android]

Comprehensive research done over the past few months.

Current device : Samsung M31s [6000mAh battery with a processor that is the engine equivalent of a rickshaw in performance aspects ].

Requirement : High performance gaming phone with near stock OS and huge battery. Camera is inconsequential.
This will be my sole phone to be used for atleast 3-4 yrs.

All of us know that number of charging cycles for any battery is inversely proprtional to its longevity. Therefore, I would prefer a huge battery that doesn't need frequent charging with these high wattage bricks.

Usage Mix : 50% Gaming. 30% Media .20% Comms

Shortlisted candidates :

ASUS ROG Phone 5s (8GB/128GB at 47k Flipkart only) - The undisputed king. No other phone holds a candle to this beast.
Only concern : No IP rating. Only 2 year OS updates. Lack of good aftermarket cases.

Poco F3 GT - Getting a reliable piece is like playing Russian roulette.

IQOO Neo 6 - Funtouch OS? No thanks.

Motorola Edge 30 / Edge 20 - Mediocre battery.

RealMe GT 2 / Neo 2 - Lack of long term reliability.

Nothing Phone 1 -(12GB/256GB at 37K Flipkart)
Fantastic build quality. Great display. Snapdragon 778G+ processor. Only con - Minuscule 4500mAh battery and below average brightness of the display outdoors.

Samsung phones (M and A series) are simply not built for performance gaming. The S21/S22 Ultras are beyond my budget. The S21 FE & S22 FE have mediocre battery life with emphasis on camera and multimedia consumption.

Other top gaming phones like Black Shark and Nubia Red Magic not available in India.

The ROG 6 is just too expensive 71K (but has basic IP rating, which the 5s lacks)

Xiaomi and all its offshoot brands are not my cup of tea.
They are pre-loaded with bloatware/spyware. Not built to last (software or hardware)

Wallet says Nothing Phone 1
Heart and mind says- ROG 5s

It would be a great help if any fellow ROG phones users from our community can share some feedback/insight about their ownership experience.

I would appreaciate any other suggestions/opinions.
Thanks!

Last edited by Sheel : 14th October 2022 at 09:37. Reason: Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post. Thanks.
Old 13th October 2022, 20:25   #11757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
One of my friends is planning. Any feedback on battery life? How often is charging required?
I use my phone about 1.5-2 hours a day and for light browsing activities and music ( Amazon Music / Spotify ); and about max 15 minutes on actual phone calls a day. Lasts me about 2.5 to 3 days on a single charge.
airguitar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 22:30   #11758
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I have been using my S22 Ultra for quite sometime now.

If the battery life of my earlier 1+ 7 Pro was a 10 out of 10, this would rate at 7.

I use my phone a lot. Its my main device for almost everything and I never bother to switch on my laptop for most of my tasks. Even in office, I sometimes just plug it into the docking station and use its Dex instead of the laptop.

I end up charging it both at home and in office. However I have enabled that battery feature that stops charging at 85% instead of charging all the way to 100%.

For travel, I keep a power bank with me.

Considering the amount of usage I subject it to, I feel the battery is fine.

Charging time is usually an hour. I use a Apple 20w charger.
bblost is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 09:42   #11759
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I first ordered s20FE but later changed mind as I always longed for a compact size phone. Went ahead and ordered S22 for 50,340 net price.
You did good. I got myself a S20 FE 5G (a secondary Android device) sometimes back & it's underwhelming to be honest. I found my earlier S10 lite to be better in each & every aspect despite the S-10 lite having SD-855 and S-20FE having SD-865.

Camera, battery life, the over all experience, snappiness / crisp & fluidity is better on the S10 lite, even the screen appears better. I checked all settings, all parameters are okay, it stays on Wi-Fi for ~20 hrs & is on the latest update. Just wanted to share this .
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 11:38   #11760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
You did good. I got myself a S20 FE 5G (a secondary Android device) sometimes back & it's underwhelming to be honest.
Plus 1 to that. The fact that it does not have a proximity sensor means that the pocket mode does not really work and phone lock screen keeps getting activated when i walk with phone in pocket.

No auto focus in the camera and what a disappointment the cameras is :(
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks