Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2022, 16:37   #11716
BHPian

Re: Wi-Fi calling related

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Does this happen to you too ? What's the fix ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Since I installed a mesh network and my phone is connected to a 5ghz, I have had no issues at all.
I use wifi calling on my jio sim and iphone 12 a lot because network is terrible inside my home at 25th floor.
I use mesh network also so never faced this issue. It should be some wifi strength issue if you move.
Old 17th September 2022, 23:46   #11717
BHPian

Re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Looking for a Samsung Phone with a good camera (not MP but better sensor perhaps) under 30000. The other important ask is that the SAR rating be low.

M53 and M52 jump out as the obvious choices, and I'm leaning towards M52, despite it being older due to a better processor (QSD). However, I'm terrified at the jump in SAR ratings from the phone I have today (A20S).

I'm willing to compromise on everything but will not on the camera quality and the need for a low SAR rating. What would be a better choice than M53/M52?
Old 18th September 2022, 14:35   #11718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
Looking for a Samsung Phone with a good camera (not MP but better sensor perhaps) under 30000. The other important ask is that the SAR rating be low.
If you can stretch the budget by 3k , you can enjoy a truly better Camera phone (not in megapixels but in sensor size) in Galaxy S20 FE. Plus you get a rare Telephoto lens too. Amazon's Great Indian Festival is expected to drop the prices further. Its also has IP68 rated so water and dust resistant. SAR rating is better than M52 models.

On the downside, this is 2021 model, so the OS updates will be only till Android 13. Consider if that's important to you.
dmplog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 18:38   #11719
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
If you can stretch the budget by 3k , you can enjoy a truly better Camera phone (not in megapixels but in sensor size) in Galaxy S20 FE.
Actually the S21 FE is going to be available on Flipkart @ 32k.
Oxy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 18:44   #11720
BHPian

Talking about this OS updates, is there anyway to rollback to previous versions in case we don't like the new OS update. (case being the unified wifi+mobiledata UI blunder in new android).
Am not asking about samsung devices alone but in general. I know that there are thirdparty android firmwares for various models . But if we like to keep the device unrooted, is there anyway to roll back to stock firmware after OTA firmware updates.

That aside, I am thinking to buy a used Pixel 4 (not 4a or 4XL) and update it with thirdparty distros (if I don't like the android update). My primary requirement being capable, reliable hardware + camera in pocketable (<155mm length) form factor. I think Samsung s10 also fits the bill but other than that I don't find any other options even in newer releases. Is there any other model which I should look for , given my above requirements.
Old 19th September 2022, 07:45   #11721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
If you can stretch the budget by 3k , you can enjoy a truly better Camera phone (not in megapixels but in sensor size) in Galaxy S20 FE. Plus you get a rare Telephoto lens too. Amazon's Great Indian Festival is expected to drop the prices further. Its also has IP68 rated so water and dust resistant. SAR rating is better than M52 models.

On the downside, this is 2021 model, so the OS updates will be only till Android 13. Consider if that's important to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Thanks. For some reason I had missed considering the FEs. I was zeroing in on A73 by stretching the budget. Between S20/21 FE and A73 any feedback on the camera ?

The A73 seems to do pretty well as far as a comparison with the S22 ultra goes ( only a notch below in quality of camera, but of course it doesn't have the telefoto that the ultra has). And between S20/21 FE, S20 still has the Snapdragon SOC, while the 21 has moved to Exynos.

Last edited by airguitar : 19th September 2022 at 07:46.
Old 19th September 2022, 08:43   #11722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. For some reason I had missed considering the FEs. I was zeroing in on A73 by stretching the budget. Between S20/21 FE and A73 any feedback on the camera ?

The A73 seems to do pretty well as far as a comparison with the S22 ultra goes ( only a notch below in quality of camera, but of course it doesn't have the telefoto that the ultra has). And between S20/21 FE, S20 still has the Snapdragon SOC, while the 21 has moved to Exynos.
Forget everything and get the S21 FE. A73 has an inferior chipset for its price. Even 20k mobile have same chipset. Plus the camera in S21 FE is better. Along with the IP 68 rating. S21 FE is a proper flagship product and at 32k it's a no brainer.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 13:18   #11723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Forget everything and get the S21 FE. A73 has an inferior chipset for its price. Even 20k mobile have same chipset. Plus the camera in S21 FE is better. Along with the IP 68 rating. S21 FE is a proper flagship product and at 32k it's a no brainer.
Brick-and-mortar stores don't have S21FE stock - he asked me to buy it online if I was so desperate. The thing though is S22 is being offered for 53k currently. The macro lens on the A73 is attractive, but not worth it as a phone overall. The S21FE is an Exynos SOC, while the S22 is an 8th gen Snapdragon.

Is the S22@53k a better proposition than the S21FE@32k purely from the point of view of what's on offer if I were to not worry about the budget for a moment?

Last edited by airguitar : 19th September 2022 at 13:27.
Old 19th September 2022, 13:47   #11724
BHPian

Galaxy S22 and S22+ is available with huge discount from Samsung.com - exchange bonus of 10000 or HDFC instant cashback of 10000. and Selling price for S22+ is 69990 (~63000 for S22). So if someone exchange their phone, can get at least 15000 (5000 for old phone + 10000 bonus) discount depending on old phone, and get S22+ in affective price of 55000 or lower. Those do not have a phone to exchange, HDFC card would make the price to 59990. With a referrer code, 5% additional discount.

Quote:
Brick-and-mortar stores don't have S21FE stock - he asked me to buy it online if I was so desperate. The thing though is S22 is being offered for 53k currently. The macro lens on the A73 is attractive, but not worth it as a phone overall. The S21FE is an Exynos SOC, while the S22 is an 8th gen Snapdragon.

Is the S22@53k a better proposition than the S21FE@32k purely from the point of view of what's on offer if I were to not worry about the budget for a moment?
Processor does not matter much. Myself using S21, and did not face any issue playing games.

Some points for
S21fe - has 6.4inch screen, better battery backup.
S22 - has 6.1inch screen, lower battery backup (hardly cover a day), best of line camera

So someone not very active on social media, very less or no games, limited video watching, S22 is a great option - with small form factor, better camera. For other things, S21fe would be better.

Last edited by dipdawiz : 19th September 2022 at 13:58.
dipdawiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 13:48   #11725
BHPian

Quote:
Brick-and-mortar stores don't have S21FE stock - he asked me to buy it online if I was so desperate.
The Brick-and-mortar stores do not keep "FE" models. "FE" models along with few other "exclusively-online" models have to be bought online - Amazon, Flipkart, Samsung online store.

S22 is a better phone when compared to S21 FE. However, I think the battery life on S21 FE is better.

Also, both were launched almost around the same time. So, I guess the number of OS updates in both will be similar.

Last edited by Bhupesh_2628 : 19th September 2022 at 13:51. Reason: Added few more details.
Bhupesh_2628 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 17:19   #11726
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
If you are thinking S22, then I would say invest an extra 4k and buy the S22+ @ 57k, you will not regret it.

Else the iPhone 13 @ 50k is darn awesome value as well.

Last edited by Oxy : 19th September 2022 at 17:22.
Oxy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 16:27   #11727
Senior - BHPian

I've ordered the S21 FE 128GB for an effective price of Rs. 27628. This is after trading in an old iPhone 6 that was lying unused at home.

Going by the iPhone's condition, I am prepared to hand over another 2-2.5k to the delivery person that will take the effective price to around 30k.

Hope this is a good deal as this phone meets my requirements completely.
self_driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 18:20   #11728
BHPian

Any recommendations for Pixel 6 if one has the opportunity to get it from the US? Need the phone for clean OS and the camera.
Old 20th September 2022, 19:32   #11729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Going by the iPhone's condition, I am prepared to hand over another 2-2.5k to the delivery person that will take the effective price to around 30k.
Flipkart provides an elaborate table for exchange value depending on phone condition. It is available under order summary -- below the phone you bought, the phone you intend to exchange will be shown and somewhere around that there would be a link (something like exchange rules or conditions). Take a look at that, and you'd be better informed about the right exchange value for your phone. Let us know how it goes. :-)
Su-47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 19:45   #11730
Senior - BHPian

I am an android fan and hate iOS, but the 50k price for iphone 13 is really pulling my heart (and possibly wallet) strings. Somehow, between S22 and iphone 13 at similar prices, I would prefer and recommend iphone 13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Any recommendations for Pixel 6 if one has the opportunity to get it from the US? Need the phone for clean OS and the camera.
My colleague has a Pixel 6 ordered from Amazon. Camera remains awesome, the magic eraser etc felt gimmicky, akin to the spot removal tool in the long closed 'Picasa' viewer by google.

Somehow the 2400 x 1080 screen resolution seemed less sharp than my 1440 x 2880 Pixel 2 xl.

You may think of getting the 6 Pro. Google is expected to launch Pixel 7 series on 6 / 7 Oct IIRC, so the 6 series should see a price drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
S21 FE is already available at 32k on Samsung.com with ICICI (non amazon) cards. Lots of comparable offers are going on at Samsung.com.

https://www.samsung.com/in/offer/online/samsung-fest/

Last edited by ani_meher : 20th September 2022 at 19:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks