Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2021, 14:33   #11671
BHPian

Re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
The 7k instant discount from hdfc gets applied automatically during the payment process . You don't need to do anything. Just make sure the amount being requested on your card includes this discount before entering the OTP.
Thanks for the help. Ordered my Flip3 yesterday to a final total of 41k with an iPhone 11 for exchange & all the additional discounts thrown in. I have effectively used the iPhone 11 for a year without paying anything. Very excited to try out the flip.

Last edited by car_addict : 31st August 2021 at 14:34. Reason: Edit for clarity
car_addict is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 16:08   #11672
BHPian

Although I find great appeal in the galaxy fold but not in the flip. The former lets you carry a small tablet in your pocket, but the latter just lets you "fold" a normal sized smartphone which not only makes the pant pocket bulge more than normal, it will be hard to fish out when it has sunk to the bottom.

I mean, why "fold" it when the unfolded one is more user/pocket friendly?
dragonfire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 14:02   #11673
BANNED

Does anyone have a Samsung a30s?
Can you please tell me which charger comes with this phone?
Is it 1.55a or 1a charger?

I don’t have the original charger but have a few spare older ones.
Old 18th October 2021, 00:28   #11674
BHPian

Was thinking of trying a non-Chinese Android phone. Samsung mid-range phones with Exynos chipsets aren't that good.

Just read that Nokia XR20 is getting launched starting around 38K. Also, I see Nokia 8 Sirocco bring sold for ~21k in few stores. It's an old phone yes but I just love it's premium look and pocket friendly size. It also has better processor (Sn 835) compared to X series with 480G series.

Any feedback from existing users?
Old 15th December 2021, 11:32   #11675
Distinguished - BHPian

Not usually a guy who looks to upgrade phones regularly, but for a change am quite excited by the Flip. I hate the size of the current smartphone I use, it's too long when I put it in my pocket and that screen has cracked twice already forcing me to replace the damn thing. But like most people I've now gotten used to getting work done with this screen size. So this flip thingie seems a decent compromise- folds out into a longer screen than my current phone, but folds back into half the size. Yeah it will bulge more in the pocket but better than being longer, which I find more awkward.

Went to the Samsung experience store in Bangalore to look at it. But must say was a bit underwhelmed. Doesn't look too impressive, perhaps because of the screen guard they had used. Not sure it's worth the asking price at all. Anyone with a more long term review/experience?
Old 15th December 2021, 12:10   #11676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Went to the Samsung experience store in Bangalore to look at it. But must say was a bit underwhelmed. Doesn't look too impressive, perhaps because of the screen guard they had used. Not sure it's worth the asking price at all. Anyone with a more long term review/experience?
Why don't you look at the Moto RAZR 5G? That is the only device so far which has implemented the fordable panels in such a creative way which not only makes it look gorgeous and premium, but also makes it practical by actually reducing the bulk. The original Motorola RAZR's dual display implementation also helps in increasing the efficiency of it's small battery since most of the time you don't have to turn on the main display to check the notifications.
tbppjpr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 20:26   #11677
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_addict View Post
Thanks for the help. Ordered my Flip3 yesterday to a final total of 41k with an iPhone 11 for exchange & all the additional discounts thrown in. I have effectively used the iPhone 11 for a year without paying anything. Very excited to try out the flip.
Hi!

How has your experience been? Don't really want an iPhone, else choice would have been easier.

Thanks.
Old 16th December 2021, 20:37   #11678
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been using the honor 8x for the past 3 years now, and the camera, for some reason began dropping in performance. The head or the feet started becoming oblongated......No clue how this could be possible. An excuse was available, anyway. It was still super fast, smooth, still. The BEST fingerprint scanner ever. 0% failures. A full working day of battery, in ANY kind of use.

After some banging around with trying to source a pixel, I just couldn't settle for the 4a. Still wanted to go back to stock, and picked out the edge 20. However, there was no SD card slot in the one i wanted. So picked out the edge 20 fusion, and its been fantastic so far. Battery remaining from 8AM at 10 PM is 40%. The camera is all normal finally. Cost me 23K, and I think I am set for the next 2 years at least.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 08:29   #11679
BHPian

The worst phones of this year , apparently its all the budget 5G versions
kap04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 14:58   #11680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Hi!
How has your experience been? Don't really want an iPhone, else choice would have been easier.
Thanks.
I have been having one of the best experiences on this phone after my Pixel 2XL. Its fast, compact and does not yet show any lags. Its a conversation starter in many places and I love the attention it brings. The form factor, being so different, brings a joy to my face everytime I use. No other phone has made me feel like this since a longtime.

I am a light-moderate user (FYR iPhone 11 lasts me 1.5 days) and this battery lasts me about till the end of the day. So if you are a moderate-heavy user, plan to be a wall hugger or look elsewhere.

Camera is more of mid-range Samsung quality and is good in most of the cases.

Gladly recommend this phone,even at the full price, except for battery.

Last edited by car_addict : 17th December 2021 at 14:58. Reason: Grammar
car_addict is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 11:23   #11681
BHPian

Guys, a peculiar problem.
Issue faced by my mother. She is using feature phone (Nokia, Motorola) with Vi SIM. However most of the times when we call her we get response that phone is switched off, but the phone is very much on. What could be the problem?
Thinking that it's a phone problem I recently bought her Motorola A70 feature phone, it works some times and gives a message that phone is switched off.
Please help as my parents are staying alone and my father has been running around to mobile shops to get this resolved.
Old 1st January 2022, 11:56   #11682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Guys, a peculiar problem.
Issue faced by my mother. She is using feature phone (Nokia, Motorola) with Vi SIM. However most of the times when we call her we get response that phone is switched off, but the phone is very much on. What could be the problem?
I am also fed up with the same irritating issue. First time I got to know about the issue in 2014-15. And the issue inherited in the another phone also which I bought in 2019. I also got the sim changed multiple times, but still the issue copes up every now n then. Though it used to be way too frequent back then, now its occasional.
Old 1st January 2022, 12:53   #11683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
I am also fed up with the same irritating issue. First time I got to know about the issue in 2014-15. And the issue inherited in the another phone also which I bought in 2019. I also got the sim changed multiple times, but still the issue copes up every now n then. Though it used to be way too frequent back then, now its occasional.
Any solution?
When I faced it in the new Motorola A70 phone, I put the SIM in slot 2 and thought the issue was resolved. But it persists.
Is it an operator related issue? Will porting help?
How do you deal with it?
Thanks.
Old 2nd January 2022, 22:06   #11684
Senior - BHPian

Didn't know where to ask this question and is probably OT but I urgently need to know if people here have sent / received mobile phones using a courier service (within India)? The phone in question is brand new and needs to be shipped from Mumbai to Ahmednagar. Is it risky? I haven't really sent expensive electronic products in India. Which courier is the most reliable and what precautions should I take? Or its a bad idea?
Old 2nd January 2022, 22:10   #11685
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Didn't know where to ask this question and is probably OT but I urgently need to know if people here have sent / received mobile phones using a courier service (within India)? The phone in question is brand new and needs to be shipped from Mumbai to Ahmednagar. Is it risky? I haven't really sent expensive electronic products in India. Which courier is the most reliable and what precautions should I take? Or its a bad idea?
Not an issue. I have recieved many via courier so far. Pack it inside hard bound box.

Dtdc, Bluedart are good
AamirHussain is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks