Team-BHP - The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/67390-laptop-thread-configs-deals-questions-149.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 1716467)
beejay: nice choice!

Thanks jkdas.

Update: Tracked online. Manufacturing build complete. Expected date of delivery 15th Feb.

I don't think that's happening though. Manufacturing build has been completed on 6th Feb and it hasn't moved. So I guess it might take longer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_V (Post 1706409)
Hello ! I have an offer for Acer Laptop 15" screen, intel i5, 4GB RAM, 1 GB ATI Radeon, 500GB HDD for Rs 44,0000.

Is this a good offer?

Thanks in advance !!

Got a quote of 37.7K for these specs:

Acer laptop, i5-430M (2.26GHz, DDR3 1066MHz), HM55 chipset,4GBDDR3 RAM, 15.6" HD screen,500GB HDD, builtin dolby speakers, 4 USB, 1 HDMI port, with Linux + webcam, bluetooth, card reader, wifi, optical mouse, & carry case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msdivy (Post 1729963)
Got a quote of 37.7K for these specs:

Acer laptop, i5-430M (2.26GHz, DDR3 1066MHz), HM55 chipset,4GBDDR3 RAM, 15.6" HD screen,500GB HDD, builtin dolby speakers, 4 USB, 1 HDMI port, with Linux + webcam, bluetooth, card reader, wifi, optical mouse, & carry case.

Wow! nice price! you sure its i5:D ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 1730036)
Wow! nice price! you sure its i5:D ?

Yes, its i5-430M (with Intel HD Graphics) and the prices are after taxes.
Similar spec Dell costs close to 51K + delivery charges & extra with Dell is Windows 7 Home OS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msdivy (Post 1730075)
Yes, its i5-430M (with Intel HD Graphics) and the prices are after taxes.
Similar spec Dell costs close to 51K + delivery charges & extra with Dell is Windows 7 Home OS.

I checked out Dell last day and hence was surprised at the price you quoted.

Dont they have one with a graphics card?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 1730089)
I checked out Dell last day and hence was surprised at the price you quoted.

Dont they have one with a graphics card?

Yes, graphics card can be added. That would cost around 3K. I didn't check the specs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msdivy (Post 1730075)

51K was for Dell Studio. Just found today that Dell Inspiron with similar specs is around 42K (S541205IN8)

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejay (Post 1729763)
Thanks jkdas.

Update: Tracked online. Manufacturing build complete. Expected date of delivery 15th Feb.

I don't think that's happening though. Manufacturing build has been completed on 6th Feb and it hasn't moved. So I guess it might take longer.

:Shockked:
I've ordered on 25th Jan and EDD was given 9th FEB. Now new EDD given as 23rd FEB and still the status is work in progress(released to manufacturing).

I received mine this afternoon. The order status shows its still in the factory. Came by blue dart.

smnrock, that's way too long.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejay (Post 1730898)
I received mine this afternoon. The order status shows its still in the factory. Came by blue dart.

smnrock, that's way too long.

Oh, congrats. How is it? What is your complete config? My config is i5-540, 4GB, 720P, 9cell, Backlit KB.

Any body living in metros and big city can anyone find for me the price of new Asus 1201N, 120T netbook.

Its one of the latest in Netbook using nvidia ion and 12 inches.

Just got a Apple Macbook pro 13 inch for 70990 (Declared price of 74xxx) at CROMA mumbai.

MS office 2008 was offered free.

Interestingly CROMA had 2 year extended warranty for 3999 much less compared to Apple protection plan.

Appreciate if somebody has comparison of the CROMA ext warranty vs Apple protection plan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejay (Post 1705445)
I ordered my Dell Studio 15 with the new i5 processor today. Should receive the same in 15 days. 3 GB DDR3 RAM, 320GB HD, 2.53GHZ with turbo boost up to 3.06 GHZ, 512 Graphic card, 15.6 screen for 51,800.
Offers- 15 month Mac afee, creative ear phones, facial recognition software.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smnrock (Post 1730908)
Oh, congrats. How is it? What is your complete config? My config is i5-540, 4GB, 720P, 9cell, Backlit KB.

Thats my configuration.

guys,

what are the limitations of netbook.
One thing i can point is it hasn’t got CD/DVD drive.

other than this is there any limitations of this? my use is for internet and some small software which used to run on my 4 year old 1.666 MHZ P4 CPU?

DO these S/W run on Atom processor netbook with WIN XP?

Recshenoy,

Apart from the lack of a cd/dvd other limitation is a relatively small screen ranging from 7'' -10.1''. You can add an external us cd/dvd drive which are pretty sleek.
You will be able to run all your Win XP programs which runs on your 1.66 Mhz PIV processor. Atom processor packs a lot of punch in a small package.
I have got 3 netbooks which i use extensively and one is even running Windows Server 2008 quite effortlessly :)
From my experience i would suggest you stick to Samsung , Asus or MSI. My samsung nc10's battery lasts for more than 7 hrs !!