Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2015, 09:30   #22561
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
BHPians using Mi4i, can you please help me in getting gmail Push service off.

I could do this in iOS, yet to see how to configure this for Android.
Are you using built in app for gmail or GMail app?

If it is first there should be option in built in app to disable sync option. If it is later, it would be part of accounts, select Google, you will be shown all google apps (apart from gmail also), disable Gmail sync option!
Old 24th December 2015, 09:36   #22562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Anyone here using CM13? Would appreciate feedback as the zenfone 2 has an alpha cm13 build available & I am tempted to flash
CM13 on 1+1 is stable for daily usage. You need to flash, google apps as well as CM13 specific recovery! Just flashing cm13 + gapps resulted in boot-loop! No idea why though. Needed to change recovery to marshmallow specific one. After that everything is fine.
Old 24th December 2015, 15:14   #22563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Are you using built in app for gmail or GMail app?

If it is first there should be option in built in app to disable sync option. If it is later, it would be part of accounts, select Google, you will be shown all google apps (apart from gmail also), disable Gmail sync option!
I am using inbuilt gmail application which is all clubbed under google folder. All google apps like maps, chrome, youtube, music, hangouts are under this folder.

I am not able to find it under Gmail settings, and neither in google settings.
Old 24th December 2015, 15:24   #22564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
I am using inbuilt gmail application which is all clubbed under google folder. All google apps like maps, chrome, Youtube, music, hangouts are under this folder.

I am not able to find it under Gmail settings, and neither in google settings.
In Settings, you should have Sync option, under this your gmail account should be listed. Under your gmail account, you should have a option to turn off sync for mail only.
Old 24th December 2015, 16:45   #22565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
In Settings, you should have Sync option, under this your gmail account should be listed. Under your gmail account, you should have a option to turn off sync for mail only.
Thanks, I managed to do it somehow, not sure how, but its working now as desired with Push notification off.

Thanks for your help.
Old 27th December 2015, 13:58   #22566
Distinguished - BHPian

Any comment on the Lenovo Prime Shot, which they are pushing all over the front page of my newspaper?

If the camera stuff is true, and not hype, it might be worth spending that much, which is more than my usual phone budget. Big downer: non-replacable battery, which means 25K for a throw-away item
Old 27th December 2015, 14:24   #22567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Any comment on the Lenovo Prime Shot, which they are pushing all over the front page of my newspaper?

If the camera stuff is true, and not hype, it might be worth spending that much, which is more than my usual phone budget. Big downer: non-replacable battery, which means 25K for a throw-away item
If you want to spend 25k and good camera is a requirement then the Nexus 5X can be considered. Though it also comes with a non-replacable battery.
Old 27th December 2015, 16:44   #22568
BHPian

Non-replaceable battery means we can never replace it even if it has lost its life?

I have never used a non-replaceable-battery mobile, but I always believed that in such mobiles, we cannot remove it easily like a normal mobile, but service center guys can definitely replace it, when it reaches its expiry time. Is it not so?
Old 27th December 2015, 16:49   #22569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
Non-replaceable battery means we can never replace it even if it has lost its life?
This means non-replaceable by end user. Ofcourse service center should be able to replace it when battery goes dead.
Old 27th December 2015, 18:20   #22570
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Of course service center should be able to replace it when battery goes dead.
...my bold.

Should, but I'm not betting on it.
Old 27th December 2015, 18:55   #22571
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...my bold.

Should, but I'm not betting on it.

My Motorola battery was replaced under warranty. It's a non replaceable battery so Motorola changed the entire rear housing with the battery. This means that the entire metal frame, loudpseaker, LED lights were changed.

Luckily this was under warranty so it was no charge.
Old 27th December 2015, 20:08   #22572
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
My Motorola battery was replaced under warranty...
Excellent. One thing it means is that, chargeable or warranty, they have parts available. I seem to remember hearing of Mi customers who were not so lucky.

Another ounce on the Motorola side of the scales in my current buying decision! 3G Turbo it may well be
Old 27th December 2015, 20:13   #22573
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Excellent. One thing it means is that, chargeable or warranty, they have parts available. I seem to remember hearing of Mi customers who were not so lucky.

Another ounce on the Motorola side of the scales in my current buying decision! 3G Turbo it may well be
Yes, I was impressed with the after sales experience. Having heard not so good things about the service.

They took the phone to check if it's SW or HW issue. Next day I got an e-mail that it was a battery issue and they would change the battery. The parts had been ordered and it would take 10-15 days to have the phone ready. After 12 days they called saying it was ready.

I went to collect the phone and asked them if Android 6.0 Marshmallow was available. They said yes it and they can flash it for me if I was ready to wait 30 mins.

30 mins later I walked out with half a new Moto X and latest Android M.

Moto G turbo edition is good but I would strongly suggest looking at the Moto X play. Better camera + better battery + better build.
Old 27th December 2015, 23:15   #22574
BHPian

Any suggestions for an android around 15k ? I am not considering karbon, micromax. One plus X, Moto play, Moto x, Moto G Turbo, one plus one 16GB are the ones I am aware of. Any other models to consider ?
Old 28th December 2015, 00:41   #22575
BHPian

The Moto X Play and G Turbo are the best as Android experiences. The ZenFone 2 offers blazing performance and great value, but little else. The Xiaomi phones are really premium and have great cameras, but have heavily skinned software and limited storage. The OnePlus X is another great phone with a beautiful design and a great screen, but loses out on the camera and is invite only. Service a question as well. None from Samsung, LG, Sony, HTC etc are worth considering in that price range.
My personal pick would be the X Play, what with fantastic battery life, expandable strorage, solid feel in hand, stock Android Marshmallow (got OTA in India), great camera, water resistant coating, fast charging, and the great Moto X software tricks. It doesn't have a gyro sensor though, only proximity, magnetic, ambient light and accelerometer, but that is a minor drawback and shouldn't be a deal breaker.

Quote:
They said yes it and they can flash it for me if I was ready to wait 30 mins.
30 mins to flash stock firmware?! That's too long for a service center. Shouldn't take more than ten if done at home. Only the flashing, that is. However, compared to the hassle of downloading the OS and hunting for USB drivers, it's still a better option.

Last edited by mukul32 : 28th December 2015 at 00:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks