Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2016, 20:12   #24061
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
How's the note 4 after the MM update? How's the battery backup?

Edit : the main reason I am planning to switch from my iPhone 6s is it's pathetic battery life. Doesn't last me a day!
heh heh sorry for the confusion but i meant the one plus 3
Old 25th July 2016, 23:42   #24062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Does the screen have a Matt finish?
That is it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Maybe there is a plastic protector over the camera lens ? Some phones have them. If not and its really bad then send it back
Indeed. There was a screen protector after all. My bad.
This phone is now perfect and i am so impressed by all the features and quality it offers. In fact when my cousin asked how much I bought it for, I told him the cost is 25k and he believed me. It certainly is twice its price value.

This is the battery life i got on a full charge. It includes around 3 hours of non stop YouTube and watching movies. Also, not using any kind of battery saving mode and the biggest plus point is it doesn't heats.
Drastic change from my Nexus 4 which barely gave 2.5 hours SOT.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20160725200524_com.miui.securitycenter.png  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20160725200403_com.miui.securitycenter.png  

Last edited by harry10 : 25th July 2016 at 23:47.
Old 26th July 2016, 00:33   #24063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I hear what you say. In a way I would say those are what we jokingly call first world problems on social media!
My only point is:
Cost of bad decision in 2012 (pain in daily experience) >>
Cost of bad decision in 2016 (pain in daily experience).
Of course, customers are themselves now more demanding, and expect more - but the absolute gap between the best decision and the rest, has reduced significantly.
e.g think of the gap in lagginess between MotoG in Feb 2014 vs the others, at its price point. That was huge compared to today.
Haha! I agree to the 'first world problems' phrase! However, I'd say the Indian smartphone scene is a different kind of first world. In a BHP analogy, more like say, a 720Ld M-Sport, rather than an Alpina B7

Again, in terms of absolute progress, yes, the evolution has been almost groundbreaking, but yet it hasn't resulted in proportionately higher utility or absolute user satisfaction. What has rather increased dramatically is user appeal and perceived value.
We believe that our phones have gotten better mostly because we know the fact that they indeed have. For a guy who is oblivious to this progress, the effective difference observed, though significant, would be much smaller. Only, the reasons of gripe may well change, that's all.

Last edited by mukul32 : 26th July 2016 at 00:35.
Old 26th July 2016, 11:51   #24064
Senior - BHPian

Replaced my 3 year Xolo Q800 with New Moto G4 Plus (32 GB). Screen is slightly larger to my liking, but device looks nice. Added a Kapaver case (Rs.699) and tempered glass (Rs.250) to give some protection from my 2.5 year old son.
Old 26th July 2016, 14:09   #24065
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Replaced my 3 year Xolo Q800 with New Moto G4 Plus (32 GB). Screen is slightly larger to my liking, but device looks nice. Added a Kapaver case (Rs.699) and tempered glass (Rs.250) to give some protection from my 2.5 year old son.
Congrats.. Are you liking the device? Any complaints? Even I was considering this phone but really confused whether to wait for some time or buy this. Also please check if it has notification problem. (You get the notification only after opening the apps due to the system auto killing apps or blocking background apps)

Last edited by mxh : 26th July 2016 at 14:10.
Old 26th July 2016, 14:35   #24066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
You get the notification only after opening the apps due to the system auto killing apps or blocking background apps
That may be due to 'Auto-sync' being switched off more than the system auto-killing apps. Usually, communication apps and important services as far as I have observed stay in memory the longest and most frequently. No wonder Facebook and WhatsApp are there battery hogs that they are.
It's more in a bid to save on battery than to clear up memory.
Old 26th July 2016, 14:40   #24067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also please check if it has notification problem. (You get the notification only after opening the apps due to the system auto killing apps or blocking background apps)
That is most definitely not the case. I used one for a fortnight before giving it to MIL. It is really fluid and is the best buy in the market for a non gaming user.
Old 26th July 2016, 14:59   #24068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats.. Are you liking the device? Any complaints? Even I was considering this phone but really confused whether to wait for some time or buy this. Also please check if it has notification problem. (You get the notification only after opening the apps due to the system auto killing apps or blocking background apps)
Yes, no complaints other than size. Notifications work just fine. It heats up a little during charging, and can feel it even with cover on.
Old 26th July 2016, 17:13   #24069
Senior - BHPian

Redmi note 3 is not recognizing my beats earphone. Regretting the purchase.

Will it work on another note 3?
Old 26th July 2016, 17:54   #24070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Redmi note 3 is not recognizing my beats earphone. Regretting the purchase.

Will it work on another note 3?
Had a similar issue with my Nexus 5X and Mi Piston. The earphones worked with every other phone I could lay my hands on except the 5X. At last when I found the fix, it was a funny one. I had to insert the jack slowly. Just take a full second.

I can't be sure, but this may be the fix for your case too.
Old 26th July 2016, 18:47   #24071
BHPian

An urgent query. All Mi phones are available in Mi android app. Which one should I chose - Redmi Note 3(my wife has one), Mi Max and even Redmi note prime is in stock. Which one of the above has a decent camera ?
Old 26th July 2016, 19:12   #24072
BHPian

Mi Max, if you can do with the size. And also because you have the Redmi Note 3.
The Redmi Prime is not what I would recommend for your camera needs.
Old 26th July 2016, 19:21   #24073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Mi Max, if you can do with the size. And also because you have the Redmi Note 3.
The Redmi Prime is not what I would recommend for your camera needs.

Out of stock again!! 😡
Old 26th July 2016, 20:23   #24074
Senior - BHPian

I've been a huge fan of the Xperia line.I see many such happy Xperia users here as well. The Z2 I had was rock solid till the screen showed some discoloration. Sony's fix - Replace with Z3. Unfortunately this too has always had issues. Atleast for me. The same discoloration showed up again in this too and in general, it has started to disintegrate itself. the glue around the front glass gave way and loosened it and therefore Proximity sensor issues. In between, the battery has deteriorated massively too. the very reason I took to a Sony started to be its Achilles heels. Latest gremlin - the 3.5 mm jack has now stopped working for good. Did a software repair as was advised by some forums. No luck. the phone is now officially in its way out in less than 18 months of usage. I moved out of a Samsung but I now move back. S7 Edge it is.
Old 27th July 2016, 09:46   #24075
BHPian

Experts,

Any opinions on the TST by Samsung in their latest J series ? I heard it works only on native apps and not on the apps downloaded from Play store.

Please share your opinions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks