Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2016, 11:51   #24031
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the redmi note 3 for 12k off of Amazon. So far, it's super quick, and camera is as responsive as an iphones.

One thing though, the battery is not a patch on the t2 ultra behemoth which lasted for 2 days. I find that surprising,but I'll wait for a good run in period before having a firm opinion.
Old 23rd July 2016, 12:57   #24032
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
Hi...
1. OPO 64GB @ 11k
2. Mi4 16GB @ 11k
3. iPhone 5s 16GB @ 16k
4. Nexus 6 32GB @ 17K
5. Galaxy S5 16 GB @ 17k
Hi! Is the OnePlus One is available for 11K ?

If it is, then its definitely a good option. Compared to the Mi4, its got

Snapdragon 810 Processor, 3GB RAM & 64GB space.

Please let me know where its available for 11,000/- as I need another phone urgently.
Old 23rd July 2016, 15:32   #24033

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
The catch is its a Refurbished one and its available at greendust.com. I have used them before and I dont mind the 6 month warranty.

Is it worth spending 6k more on S5 or 5s for a better camera (mainly) compared to Mi4 or OPO ?
Old 23rd July 2016, 15:44   #24034
BHPian

Quote:

If it is, then its definitely a good option. Compared to the Mi4, its got

Snapdragon 810 Processor, 3GB RAM & 64GB space.

Please let me know where its available for 11,000/- as I need another phone urgently.

Would rather invest in Redmi Note3 which will get updates. Go for 1+1 if you want to root your phone.
Old 23rd July 2016, 16:08   #24035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Got the redmi note 3 for 12k off of Amazon. So far, it's super quick, and camera is as responsive as an iphones.

One thing though, the battery is not a patch on the t2 ultra behemoth which lasted for 2 days. I find that surprising,but I'll wait for a good run in period before having a firm opinion.
Is it still available ? What was the original price ?

The 32Gb 3G version is available for 12K on the Mi Store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Would rather invest in Redmi Note3 which will get updates. Go for 1+1 if you want to root your phone.
OK.

My 2015 OPO got an update & it now runs on Marshmallow.

Not planning to root my phones though.

Btw, Is the Snapdragon 650 differently built than the 810 ? Battery consumption wise etc...

Wondering coz I was thinking its a good buy for 11K.

P.S. : Please let me know if theres any decent offer coming up sometime soon.

Rgds

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 23rd July 2016 at 16:25.
Old 23rd July 2016, 16:26   #24036
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is it still available ? What was the original price ?

The 32Gb 3G version is available for 12K on the Mi Store.

Oh? This was one of those blink and miss phones?
I got it off amazon, here, LINK.

12k, 32gb, but the specs say it is 4g. Its a dual sim, but you have to choose between a sim or a microsd card for the second sim.
Old 23rd July 2016, 18:13   #24037
BHPian

Quote:
I bought this model, off flipkart and it was delivered y'day. It was NOT available on amazon, then.

To my surprise, it is 'Made in India'. I was under assumption, it would be a china made device. So, now this would be the first 'Made in India' phone for me. Hopefully, many more going ahead.

Initial impressions are good. Well built, nice screen and no heating issues until now.

All in all, a good buy!
Old 23rd July 2016, 23:16   #24038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Looking for an android phone in a budget of 30k to 35k. My main objective is that the phone should have a good camera and a good battery. Any suggestions? I personally like the display of Samsung. Is S6 edge a good option to buy?
One Plus 3. Superb package, battery life enough to last a whole day with moderate regular usage. Camera is excellent. Free of Samsung bloatware,running near stop android. Superb performance at par or better with all current flagships.
Old 23rd July 2016, 23:47   #24039
BHPian

Any suggestion for worthy fitness app which is compatible on android and ios platform? i have a iPhone 6 and Redmi 2 Prime and i use both the phones alternatively during my run in the evening for fitness tracking and also for music. I was using Nike+, Pacer and Mapmyrun; however couldnt sync data between two phones. Also please suggest a workout app(running) which wouldn't need GPS tracking. i was considering a fitness band but need music too and i can't be away from my phone for 2 hours of run too.
Old 25th July 2016, 11:11   #24040
BHPian

Cyanogen lays off 20% of OS developers. To defocus on OS and concentrate on apps. May not make sense to buy a cyanogen mobile anymore.
Old 25th July 2016, 11:28   #24041
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I got the same 2 days back. Everything is working great except for the front cam which is all blurry. Is it a hardware issue or software?
Old 25th July 2016, 11:29   #24042
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post

I got the same 2 days back. Everything is working great except for the front cam which is all blurry. Is it a hardware issue or software?

Remove the screen protector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpaul View Post

Try out Nova Launcher and you will see the difference in battery usage. Make the Nova launcher the default launcher. I did the same and observed 0-1% battery drainage.
Thanks. I moved to apex, my old faithful. Nova needs to be purchased to activate swipe up/down. Apex does it for free.

Last edited by mayankk : 25th July 2016 at 11:32.
Old 25th July 2016, 11:30   #24043
BHPian

Quote:

Try out Nova Launcher and you will see the difference in battery usage. Make the Nova launcher the default launcher. I did the same and observed 0-1% battery drainage in standby mode

Last edited by alexpaul : 25th July 2016 at 11:30. Reason: completion of sentence
Old 25th July 2016, 11:33   #24044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Cyanogen lays off 20% of OS developers. To defocus on OS and concentrate on apps. May not make sense to buy a cyanogen mobile anymore.
Obviously, never found any bug free or least bugy CM ROM whenever I tried them. Best bet is manufacturer supplied ROMs, they work best with the devices. Now a days lot of devices offer pure or near pure Android OS experience which eliminates need of looking at AOSP ROMs.
Old 25th July 2016, 12:17   #24045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
One Plus 3. Superb package, battery life enough to last a whole day with moderate regular usage. Camera is excellent. Free of Samsung bloatware,running near stop android. Superb performance at par or better with all current flagships.

Thanks Arindam! I am now confused with OP3 and Samsung Note 4. The note 4 is 2 years old now but still having great specs. Flipkart is running a discount on note 4 and it's priced at ₹27k now. Totally confused between these. Also thinking to wait till Aug 15th as there might be some offers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks