Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2017, 15:21   #25531
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
You should buy directly from One Plus online. There is an offer currently for a chance to win one crore with every order of the One Plus 3T.

If any of you win please pass on a consolation prize to me for updating you people

https://oneplusstore.in/3t

Cheers
That offer is there on Amazon as well (sorry you lost your consolation prize) however on the oneplus site, there is no Black edition, hence would have to buy from Amazon only.

Thanks for trying though

Last edited by nitinralli : 15th April 2017 at 15:38.
Old 15th April 2017, 20:08   #25532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
All in all, I've bought 3 Moto G5s this month (for mother, MIL and best friend
Some time i am seeing a weird problem . The ringer volume got reduced itself to half and no amount of adjusting put it back to normal. Finally restarted the phone & it comes back to normal. I have seen similar issue with my wife's moto X as well. Not sure if anyone has faced this weird behavior.

Any one experienced above & any solutions .
Old 15th April 2017, 23:25   #25533
Senior - BHPian

Anyone used the Google Pixel?
I have a MI5 which I am very happy with in general particularly considering the price I paid for it. But my official email needs the latest Android security patch and MI is running at 2-3 months delay. I can't afford not having the emails on my mobile. So, I am kind of forced to buy a new mobile. Options are limited to the Pixel or the Iphone.
Been used to Android for such a long time and never used an Apple device, I am thinking if I should go for the Pixel or the Iphone 7. Pixel is having a better camera but otherwise, the Iphone 7 is probably a better choice but I a not sure whether I will like the IOS experience and the 'closed' Apple ecosystem.
Suggestions welcome... The pixel is certainly overpriced for what it offers but I do not have much options now. Any good offers on the Pixel?
Old 15th April 2017, 23:46   #25534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Anyone used the Google Pixel?
I have a MI5 which I am very happy with in general particularly considering the price I paid for it. But my official email needs the latest Android security patch and MI is running at 2-3 months delay. I can't afford not having the emails on my mobile. So, I am kind of forced to buy a new mobile. Options are limited to the Pixel or the Iphone.
Been used to Android for such a long time and never used an Apple device, I am thinking if I should go for the Pixel or the Iphone 7. Pixel is having a better camera but otherwise, the Iphone 7 is probably a better choice but I a not sure whether I will like the IOS experience and the 'closed' Apple ecosystem.
Suggestions welcome... The pixel is certainly overpriced for what it offers but I do not have much options now. Any good offers on the Pixel?

Im not a big fan of the pixel, but speaking of offers :
Flipkart is offering flat 10k off when paying by debit/credit card. At 47k it is a decent deal, and is the only current android device which will constantly keep you up to date.
Otherwise would've suggested the Samsung S8 launching on the 19th.
Old 16th April 2017, 03:59   #25535
BANNED

My sister's facebook account got disabled by facebook. When she logs in, it says disabled. And points to the FAQ. There is a link to submit a photo of your ID & appeal. She did it 8 days back, but there is no reply from facebook either way. Do they usually enable it again or not? What do they do if you create a new ID? Do they disable it again? She was very active on facebook and had 5000 friends/followers etc. I am not on facebook & have no idea what to do about it.
Old 16th April 2017, 07:15   #25536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Some time i am seeing a weird problem . The ringer volume got reduced itself to half and no amount of adjusting put it back to normal. Finally restarted the phone & it comes back to normal. I have seen similar issue with my wife's moto X as well. Not sure if anyone has faced this weird behavior.

Any one experienced above & any solutions .
I had heard that it occurs if you enable the option to mute the phone on turning it face down. Check by disabling the option. Not really sure if that is the reason though.
Old 16th April 2017, 14:38   #25537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Do you think we should wait for some offer to come in?
The offers have stopped as soon as AB became their brand ambassador. sigh imagine how much he earns..
Old 17th April 2017, 00:05   #25538
Senior - BHPian

Went to Reliance Digitial today to check out the Pixel.
The Phone looks very solidly built and the mattblack finish on the black looks and feels good. It is not an eye-catching design but definitely feels very well made. The glass on the back is kind of funky and I don't know what's the purpose there. Would have looked better without the same. Also, the top and bottom bezels are pretty big considering there is not stereo speakers or water resistance.
I took a few pictures in the showroom and the camera is outstanding for a mobile. Even the selfie camera is superb. I think it can easily compete with Galaxy S7 or any other cell phone camera in the market. The highest rating of 89 in dxomark seems like a reality.
Another bonus is unlimited cloud storage for photos and videos. So, a 32GB should be more than sufficient.

My main purpose of buying a Pixel is the guarantee of latest Android security patches which is needed to access my corporate email (Can't have delay of a few weeks). And I don't know of any other phone which gets the Security updates same time as the Pixels.
Now, coming to offers.

Pixel 32GB - 57K
Bank cashback - 10K (almost all banks)
Free chromecast worth 3.4K or 3K cash discount.
Shopping vouchers of Wills lifestyle of 2K
Effective price 42K.

Still overpriced but much better.
I will see if I can get a decent deal for my 8-month old MI5 in scratchless condition.
Old 17th April 2017, 00:19   #25539
BHPian

Quote:
Went to Reliance Digitial today to check out the Pixel.
Check Croma. I saw the 32gb for 35k yesterday after buyback and all the usual offers.
Also I have restrictions with email at my workplace as well and have installed the outlook app which seems to be bypassing the device management restrictions of my corporate email, just in case if you are so inclined...
Old 17th April 2017, 08:28   #25540
KRN
BHPian

Quote:

My main purpose of buying a Pixel is the guarantee of latest Android security patches which is needed to access my corporate email (Can't have delay of a few weeks). And I don't know of any other phone which gets the Security updates same time as the Pixels.
Is there any reason you would like to stick to Android? iOS updates are much faster and devices are supported longer by Apple. Sure, Google supports Pixel and Nexus devices well but the support dramatically reduces after a year or two. Having owned couple of Nexus devices, I have seen that older nexus devices get updates later than newer ones and support stops sooner than iOS. On the other hand, my iPad gets updates from Apple on Day 1 even if it is a generation or two older.
Old 17th April 2017, 09:48   #25541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Also I have restrictions with email at my workplace as well and have installed the outlook app which seems to be bypassing the device management restrictions of my corporate email, just in case if you are so inclined...
A word of caution regarding using Outlook app for corporate e-mail. Outlook e-mail app doesn't use a native activesync to your work e-mail server like other EAS applications. It uses a connection to it's own servers which then will be polling your e-mail server and push it to the Outlook app. Some consider this as a security concern as all e-mails effectively have to pass through Microsoft servers before reaching your device which is a little scary from a security stand point!
Old 17th April 2017, 09:54   #25542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Some consider this as a security concern as all e-mails effectively have to pass through Microsoft servers before reaching your device which is a little scary from a security stand point!
Is it an issue if we are already on Office 365? Those are hosted servers already I imagine.
Old 17th April 2017, 09:57   #25543
BHPian

Quote:
Is it an issue if we are already on Office 365? Those are hosted servers already I imagine.
Office 365 anyways use Microsoft servers, so never mind I was speaking about on-premise exchange setups.
Old 17th April 2017, 14:01   #25544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check Croma. I saw the 32gb for 35k yesterday after buyback and all the usual offers.
Thanks, will check at Croma
42K is not considering any exchange offers.
Tried Outlook, it is blocked. So, back to Pixel or Iphone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRN View Post
Is there any reason you would like to stick to Android? iOS updates are much faster and devices are supported longer by Apple. Sure, Google supports Pixel and Nexus devices well but the support dramatically reduces after a year or two. Having owned couple of Nexus devices, I have seen that older nexus devices get updates later than newer ones and support stops sooner than iOS. On the other hand, my iPad gets updates from Apple on Day 1 even if it is a generation or two older.
Main reason is I am used to Android and I like it's openness. I have not used IOS much but whatever I have seen or heard I strongly feel I will be annoyed with IOS. But, still considering the Iphone. Finally, depends on if I can get a good deal on the Pixel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
A word of caution regarding using Outlook app for corporate e-mail. Outlook e-mail app doesn't use a native activesync to your work e-mail server like other EAS applications. It uses a connection to it's own servers which then will be polling your e-mail server and push it to the Outlook app. Some consider this as a security concern as all e-mails effectively have to pass through Microsoft servers before reaching your device which is a little scary from a security stand point!
Thanks for pointing out.
However, Outlook app is blocked for my official emails
Old 17th April 2017, 15:04   #25545
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So, back to Pixel or Iphone.
You can try the LG V20 if you are open to large phones (or the new G6 for better form factor).
I recently moved from a S7 Edge and am very happy with the swap.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks