Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2017, 16:58   #25516
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
I checked the time as 12:02.
It gave me a message, no stock at 12:04.

So, no Red for me.
On flipkart app, it was out of stock in a blink. If it stayed in stock for 2 minutes, must add you were lucky. I was trying for 4GB variant via flipkart app & i just managed to blink once. This was my second failure.

Unfortunately I bought a Moto G5 plus for myself out of frustration but BIL is adamant on getting this Note 4 by hook or crook. I am waiting for next lottery now .
Old 13th April 2017, 12:42   #25517
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Unfortunately I bought a Moto G5 plus for myself out of frustration but BIL is adamant on getting this Note 4 by hook or crook. I am waiting for next lottery now .
Exactly the problem we Indian have and the sellers taking benefit of that. We always think the longer the waiting the better the product. And it is not news that artificial scarcity is being created to keep up the hype.

For me it is always, how good the product may be, a longer waiting than logical waiting means the company is not giving the customer the value that it should have.

By the way, have anyone used LeTV mobiles, they seems VFM and readily available.
I am looking this for my Dad, whose primary use would be whatsapp, skype and cricket scores.

Last edited by PetrolRider : 13th April 2017 at 12:44.
Old 14th April 2017, 01:14   #25518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post

OK. I'm not sure who writes these reviews that gush about Xiaomi phones, but I briefly had a Redmi Note 4 4gb for a day (ordered for a friend in the US) and it was awful. The Moto G5 plus has a way better camera, battery life and touchscreen. The Redmi screen was glitchy and MIUI is awful, especially with notifications and those inception-style menus in menus in menus. Things take a while to load.

The battery, while larger than the Moto, was similar in performance. Massively underwhelmed. Only saving grace was the IR blaster which I used in a bar to mess with the TV. And why, oh why, is Xiaomi not bundling a fast charger with it?

All in all, I've bought 3 Moto G5s this month (for mother, MIL and best friend). If I had to give up my S7, I'd definitely go with the G5 plus. In fact I'm pretty disappointed with the S8 initial reviews, especially of them cracking on those tests. I handle my phones pretty rough and my S7 has fallen multiple times without incident.

Last edited by djpeesh : 14th April 2017 at 01:38.
Old 14th April 2017, 11:57   #25519
Senior - BHPian

Lenovo P2 has better camera and much better battery when compared to Redmi note 4.
Old 14th April 2017, 12:33   #25520
BHPian

Nice to hear something good about a Lenovo after ages. I have a K3 Note and it bugs me to no end with one major glitch. The contacts keep deleting themselves randomly in the background. Not all at once, but this keeps on happening so that when I go to search for a particular contact, I go there and see that it simply doesn't exist anymore! Can solve most bugs but this one has me beat. Completely. No inkling what this is. I guess this is my first and last Lenovo.

And oh, I have to live without Volte at the mercy of the even more glitchy Jio 4g Voice. :banghead: . Lenovo is acting like Honda these days. But all that said I continue to remain a Honda fan. For life. No more Lenovo for me though. No bro.
Old 14th April 2017, 15:22   #25521
Senior - BHPian

Buyers for Oneplus 3T/3. I hope this phone stands to its claim(one of the best phone under 30K). Any particular issue you guys facing with this phone? I am planing to buy one hence wanted to know if its good for its money.

Also what do you suggest, Gunmetal or Black (haven't seen both so confused).
Old 14th April 2017, 15:49   #25522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
OK. I'm not sure who writes these reviews that gush about Xiaomi phones, but I briefly had a Redmi Note 4 4gb for a day (ordered for a friend in the US) and it was awful. The Moto G5 plus has a way better camera, battery life and touchscreen. The Redmi screen was glitchy and MIUI is awful, especially with notifications and those inception-style menus in menus in menus. Things take a while to load.

The battery, while larger than the Moto, was similar in performance. Massively underwhelmed. Only saving grace was the IR blaster which I used in a bar to mess with the TV. And why, oh why, is Xiaomi not bundling a fast charger with it?
It is the most VFM phone out there. Looks brilliant (especially with black back). MiUI though a big bit in size, isn't glitchy in anyway nor is it slow. I have 3GB ram version and haven't faced any slowdowns. And it's beautiful. But yeah, stock android is better. It has a fast, battery efficient processor and is not slow in any way. And screen is gorgeous.

The only problem is the camera which is a let down (actually I use an iPhone as my main phone so I think so but for THE PRICE it's adequate).

So do I think it's worth the hype? At 11k, most definitely YES.

You used a new phone for 1 day and faced slowdowns? Either you have a faulty device or are heavily biased against Xiaomi.

Last edited by The Brutailer : 14th April 2017 at 15:51.
Old 14th April 2017, 16:26   #25523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Buyers for Oneplus 3T/3. I hope this phone stands to its claim(one of the best phone under 30K). Any particular issue you guys facing with this phone? I am planing to buy one hence wanted to know if its good for its money.

I have an OP3 since August and I am very happy with it. Performance is great and they have been updating it regularly (currently on Android 7.1.1). It had some minor issues early on but they were fixed in subsequent updates. If you have the budget for it, I would recommend it. Just check for the screen uniformity issue. My first OP3 had this problem and I replaced it (It's a well known issue with AMOLED panels, not specific to this phone).
Old 14th April 2017, 16:43   #25524
BHPian

Quote:

After much delay, I finally bought the One Plus 3T (128 GB) Gunmetal from the One Plus store in Bangalore. Bought it on March 16.

Used it for a week with the in-box OS, then upgraded it to the latest OS / Build.

I don't see any issues with the phone. Reliance Jio in sim1 and Vodafone corporate 4G in sim2. If you switch to sim2 for network, your Jio switches off completely, which is obvious.

Am sure a considerable number of the forum members also own this device, however, there is not much discussion on it since it's a straightforward device with excellent performance, and there are no issues observed unless it's a manufacturing defect.

Camera is great, battery life is atleast 48 hrs with 4G on all the time and 5 email accounts synching 24 hrs (2 corporate accounts, 1 hotmail and 2 Gmail accounts).

Touch response, display quality is up to the mark (individual opinions may vary), apps open and screens change in a blink.

Would be glad to answer any other queries you may have. Can share some camera pics as well, if you would like to see the quality.

My other device is HTC E8 dual sim, and I currently responding through it.

Thanks!

Last edited by Safety is Param : 14th April 2017 at 16:44.
Old 14th April 2017, 18:41   #25525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

My father is using the 3T since January. Faced lot of issues with Reliance 4G - with network disappearing, intermittantly SMS not going and unable to make outgoing calls. Had to turn WiFi connection off, enable mobile data and then things would be normal. This would happen randomly and hence difficult to troubleshoot. I ported the number to Idea and now we do not have this problem. The other SIM is MTNL and that works without issue as well.

The performance is fantastic and 6 GB RAM is an over-kill for most people. I found indoor camera shots to be not as good as the hype created by everyone.
The dash charger is huge. Be aware that you need to carry your charger and cable everywhere if you need to do a quick dash charge. Both these items are very expensive. Some other unknown brand cables are available at road side stalls for Rs. 250, but I did not want to take a chance with the phone.

He is using the phone with the company supplied screen guard and finds no issues (along with the Spigen black case).

He had issue with fingerprint scanner for the first two months. Then I removed the fingerprint from the settings and registered it again for both the left and right fingers. After this, he has not complained again.

Edit: I heard that Oneplus 5 is coming in few months with curved glass like the S7/8.

Last edited by S_U_N : 14th April 2017 at 18:44.
Old 14th April 2017, 22:15   #25526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
I have an OP3 since August and I am very happy with it. Performance is great and they have been updating it regularly (currently on Android 7.1.1). It had some minor issues early on but they were fixed in subsequent updates. If you have the budget for it, I would recommend it. Just check for the screen uniformity issue. My first OP3 had this problem and I replaced it (It's a well known issue with AMOLED panels, not specific to this phone).
"Winter is coming" so need to buy a new phone before whitewalkers arrive
Sorry for offtopic Mods, couldn't control it.

Thanks for the advice. I checked few reviews online and looks like this screen issue is not there anymore(or maybe not reported yet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
After much delay, I finally bought the One Plus 3T (128 GB) Gunmetal from the One Plus store in Bangalore. Bought it on March 16.

Used it for a week with the in-box OS, then upgraded it to the latest OS / Build.

I don't see any issues with the phone. Reliance Jio in sim1 and Vodafone corporate 4G in sim2. If you switch to sim2 for network, your Jio switches off completely, which is obvious.

Am sure a considerable number of the forum members also own this device, however, there is not much discussion on it since it's a straightforward device with excellent performance, and there are no issues observed unless it's a manufacturing defect.

Camera is great, battery life is atleast 48 hrs with 4G on all the time and 5 email accounts synching 24 hrs (2 corporate accounts, 1 hotmail and 2 Gmail accounts).

Touch response, display quality is up to the mark (individual opinions may vary), apps open and screens change in a blink.

Would be glad to answer any other queries you may have. Can share some camera pics as well, if you would like to see the quality.

My other device is HTC E8 dual sim, and I currently responding through it.

Thanks!
Nice to hear that. Since there is no store elsewhere so i only have option from Amazon. Hope its a safe bet. Also did you try the screen for any error like the one reported by Jonsnow?

Could you please post pick of the gunmetal case? I am confused between Gunmetal and Black one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
My father is using the 3T since January. Faced lot of issues with Reliance 4G - with network disappearing, intermittantly SMS not going and unable to make outgoing calls. Had to turn WiFi connection off, enable mobile data and then things would be normal. This would happen randomly and hence difficult to troubleshoot. I ported the number to Idea and now we do not have this problem. The other SIM is MTNL and that works without issue as well.

The performance is fantastic and 6 GB RAM is an over-kill for most people. I found indoor camera shots to be not as good as the hype created by everyone.
The dash charger is huge. Be aware that you need to carry your charger and cable everywhere if you need to do a quick dash charge. Both these items are very expensive. Some other unknown brand cables are available at road side stalls for Rs. 250, but I did not want to take a chance with the phone.

He is using the phone with the company supplied screen guard and finds no issues (along with the Spigen black case).

He had issue with fingerprint scanner for the first two months. Then I removed the fingerprint from the settings and registered it again for both the left and right fingers. After this, he has not complained again.

Edit: I heard that Oneplus 5 is coming in few months with curved glass like the S7/8.
So looks like it was more issue with Reliance than the phone. Well thanks a lot for the advice.

Even i heard about OP5 in pipeline, however i dont want to wait as things keeps changing in this electronic world.
Old 15th April 2017, 11:09   #25527
BHPian

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Buyers for Oneplus 3T/3.
I am picking up one for myself too. Have found a buyer for my 6 plus and with that money am deciding between the OP3T 64 and 128Gb ones. I wanted the black and that seems only available in the 128gb. Was also waiting for some offers as just a month or so back they had a 2k cash back on amazon pay as well as a credit card cash back and/or zero emi.
My wife's OP3T is doing wonderfully well. Had purchased hers in Jan and now am a fan of the device mainly for its blazing performance when compared to my iPhone 6 Plus.
Old 15th April 2017, 13:36   #25528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I am picking up one for myself too. Have found a buyer for my 6 plus and with that money am deciding between the OP3T 64 and 128Gb ones. I wanted the black and that seems only available in the 128gb. Was also waiting for some offers as just a month or so back they had a 2k cash back on amazon pay as well as a credit card cash back and/or zero emi.
My wife's OP3T is doing wonderfully well. Had purchased hers in Jan and now am a fan of the device mainly for its blazing performance when compared to my iPhone 6 Plus.
Thanks for the reply. Wow looks like this phone has everything we geeks look for

I too looking for Black one but as you said its only available in 128 GB, though i dont mind 128 also. Do you think we should wait for some offer to come in? I currently have HTC desire 820 and i am not getting much in exchange when done in Amazon while buying 3T. Guess would have to sell outside in order to get better value.
Old 15th April 2017, 14:44   #25529
Senior - BHPian

You should buy directly from One Plus online. There is an offer currently for a chance to win one crore with every order of the One Plus 3T.

If any of you win please pass on a consolation prize to me for updating you people

https://oneplusstore.in/3t

Cheers
Old 15th April 2017, 15:20   #25530
BHPian

Quote:
Nice to hear that. Since there is no store elsewhere so i only have option from Amazon. Hope its a safe bet. Also did you try the screen for any error like the one reported by Jonsnow?

Could you please post pick of the gunmetal case? I am confused between Gunmetal and Black one.
1) Majority buy online - no issues. I bought it from the store because it was a sudden decision (spur of the moment) and the store was nearby!

2) No, I didn't check for any errors specifically. My sister and I went to the store, spent 10 mins with the demo piece, asked them to bring out 2 sealed boxes, selected one out of them, un-boxed and clicked some pics, checked basic menu & settings, tilted the phone at various angles with eye on the display - all ok, and we left!

3) From 2% to 100% - the phone takes exactly 1 hr & 10 mins to charge. Observed the precise charge time more than 5 times now.

4) Some random pics of the phone case and others - all taken with default camera settings. Sharing here after downloading them from Google Photos -

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-phone-case.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-phone-case-1.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-phone-case-2.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-phone-case-3.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-pykara.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-ooty1.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-ooty2.jpg

Most Viewed