Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2017, 14:31   #25426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post

To everyone who is using a OP3T/3 - What tempered glass do you use? .
I bought the one sold by one plus. It added some thickness to this otherwise beautiful phone. But didn't want to take any risk with my toddler around. It has saved my phone couple of 3 or 4 feet falls. Also got a transparent back cover after I found out the hard way that the matt finish is not that durable. Got some minor dents after a fall from just about a feet, albeit on a not so smooth surface.
Old 18th March 2017, 15:11   #25427
Oxy
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Thank you Oxy! I have also planned to get redmi 3s prime. However before doing that I am going to test my G4 plus using a non jio SIM. I suspect Jio might be eating my battery.
You should also be looking at the Redmi Note 4 (2GB RAM variant) in that budget me thinks.
Old 18th March 2017, 15:19   #25428
BHPian

Thank you Oxy and others! Here is the battery graph from my g4 plus. Mobile signal is eating up the battery despite having good reception.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1489830591562.jpg  

Old 18th March 2017, 16:02   #25429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
OP3T is easily a better bang for the buck phone. I was skeptical before buying but now I am not. However if you are indeed stretching yourself, why not wait for the newer version - due sometime around June?

To everyone who is using a OP3T/3 - What tempered glass do you use? I foolishly removed the screen protector that comes with it and now have a few obscure scratches which ruin an otherwise beautiful phone.
I use a Nilkin protector. Its on the expensive side (Rs. 450) but worth it in terms of quality.
Old 18th March 2017, 17:10   #25430
BHPian

Looking to replace my wife's Moto G 1st Gen- yes you read it right! We still are in that era!
I am inclined towards Redmi 3s 3GB device. However I heard that Xiaomi is launching a new Redmi device. On checking further on new generation of Redmi, I noticed Redmi 4 Prime is a wonderful device.
Has anybody used it and can anybody confirm if it'll be launched in India soon?
Old 18th March 2017, 18:27   #25431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Looking to replace my wife's Moto G 1st Gen- yes you read it right! We still are in that era!
I am inclined towards Redmi 3s 3GB device. However I heard that Xiaomi is launching a new Redmi device. On checking further on new generation of Redmi, I noticed Redmi 4 Prime is a wonderful device.
I still use Moto G 1st Gen . My wife had a Moto G 2nd Gen till day before. I tried purchasing Redmi Note 4 (4GB/64GB) in Flipkart flash sale two times and failed. So bought Redmi Note 4 (3GB/32GB) for 11K.
Old 19th March 2017, 08:56   #25432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Thank you Oxy and others! Here is the battery graph from my g4 plus. Mobile signal is eating up the battery despite having good reception.
I checked with a Vodafone SIM , the mobile standby is still eating battery. I charged the mobile to 100% and inserted the Vodafone SIM. Looks like the issue is with the device. On the other hand Flipkart is again doing an electronics sale from 22nd March . My guess is Lenovo k6 note to be priced around 9.5k. Anyone planning to buy a mobile, wait till 22nd.
Old 19th March 2017, 11:47   #25433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
I noticed Redmi 4 Prime is a wonderful device.
They have a launch event today at 12. Redmi 4 range is expected. Should come to know soon enough. Only problem with redmi devices is availability. I hate their flash sales model which runs out in a few seconds or minutes at most.
Old 19th March 2017, 14:17   #25434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
They have a launch event today at 12.
Sorry I meant tomorrow.
Old 20th March 2017, 10:10   #25435
BHPian

A note to all planning to buy a Redmi 3s/Prime. This phone does not support FDD LTE Band 1 (2100 MHz) meaning Vodafone 4G will not work.

My Primary number being a Vodafone, I am not able to use the offers given 4G exclusive now and I am considering porting to IDEA 4G. Airtel, IDEA and Jio work without any issues.
Old 20th March 2017, 10:32   #25436
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Any phone audiophile around? I'd like to know if anyone has an idea how the OnePlus 3T and V5 Plus stack up against each other. On paper the V5 Plus seems more promising with the 32-bit DAC and all. I have the normal V5 which has 24-bit DAC and sounds pretty sorted. Now want to go for the V5 Plus.
I'm not an audiophile per se, still grappling with the finer terms of pure audio but I don't think anyone can beat Sony flagships when it comes to phone audio and clarity, specially since it comes with DSEE-HX, Link. I listen to trance, ambient and fusion jazz, where every subtle beat and strum have to be audible for it to be enjoyed and so far nothing satisfied me more than the Sony (Samsung is horrible in that department). Also one needs to have a great earphone (not headphone) for such kinds of music, I recommend you buy a balanced-armature hybrid earphone for the additional clarity since the drivers are vibrating magnets and less reliant on boomy air that distorts sound to uncomfortable levels (I'm a Sony fan and hence use the XBA-A1 balanced armature driver, no other earphone comes close in terms of clarity), other BA earphones are available though.

As for 32 Bit DAC, here's an article you might find a bit intriguing, though not conclusive : http://www.androidauthority.com/why-...it-dac-667621/

Last edited by dark.knight : 20th March 2017 at 10:36.
Old 20th March 2017, 12:55   #25437
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
A note to all planning to buy a Redmi 3s/Prime. This phone does not support FDD LTE Band 1 (2100 MHz) meaning Vodafone 4G will not work.

My Primary number being a Vodafone, I am not able to use the offers given 4G exclusive now and I am considering porting to IDEA 4G. Airtel, IDEA and Jio work without any issues.
I'm in delhi and vodafone uses 1800 mhz(band 3) here.
Which circle are you referring to?
Old 20th March 2017, 13:02   #25438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post

I was able to use my Vodafone 4g SIM in my mom's redmi 3s prime without any problems. Probably depends on circle. Mine was Bangalore.
Old 20th March 2017, 13:04   #25439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post

As for 32 Bit DAC, here's an article you might find a bit intriguing, though not conclusive : http://www.androidauthority.com/why-...it-dac-667621/
is there anything sony is bad at?

The LG V20 is going at sub 40k these days on Amazon. That should be a good audiophile's phone i reckon.
Old 20th March 2017, 13:23   #25440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
I bought the one sold by one plus. It added some thickness to this otherwise beautiful phone. But didn't want to take any risk with my toddler around. It has saved my phone couple of 3 or 4 feet falls. Also got a transparent back cover after I found out the hard way that the matt finish is not that durable. Got some minor dents after a fall from just about a feet, albeit on a not so smooth surface.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I use a Nilkin protector. Its on the expensive side (Rs. 450) but worth it in terms of quality.
I have a Spigen, it is expensive at 900 odd bucks but is super solid, specially child proof. And a el-cheapo Tempered Glass at 150 bucks. I have bought a Nilkin, will install it over the weekend.

Check this website out: https://www.skin4gadgets.com/

At around 300 bucks they have some good skins, I got one delivered today. Slightly painful process to install but looks really good.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img20170320wa0001.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks