Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2012, 03:44   #10426
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Hello Friends, I am looking to buy my wife an Android phone in the vicinity of 15K. She currently used Moto XT502 with CM and I use modded S2, so the difference in performance/screen/camera is glaringly visible.

Please suggest which model is the best for Performance, Camera, Screen and App Usable Internal Memory (in that order of preference). Along with that if the Phone looks good then nothing like it, but Looks are not the most important. A quick google search gives some options and the following look attractive
-Defy+ (but dont see it in the market too much),
-Neo V (hope to find one ~15k)
-One V (seems out of my range at ~19k).

I need to make a decision before EID, please help me choosing one of these 3 or suggest any other ones.

Awaiting your response.
I'd say just drop the Defy+, since you say camera quality is important. As discussed earlier, it has perhaps the worst in class camera.
Old 31st July 2012, 04:45   #10427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
I'd say just drop the Defy+, since you say camera quality is important. As discussed earlier, it has perhaps the worst in class camera.
Yeah, I remember that Feedback from users. Thanks for reminding me Any other suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
How about a Xperia U? It looks pretty feminine. Moto defy + is also very good at that price point. You should read up a little on Tech2.
Thanks for a quick reply pal. The Xperia U sure looks nice and packs quite a punch (hardware-wise with dual-core proc and cam recording 720p), didn't think it would fall in my budget as I saw it in stores for 18k+. On checking with Flipkart, it is definitely on my list now. Thanks for the suggestion. Any user feedback for this phone?

So I guess my choices are Xperia U, Neo V (guess this is older model) and One V...

I have read reviews here and there but getting user feedback is far more important for me.

Last edited by Zenster : 31st July 2012 at 04:47.
Old 31st July 2012, 09:59   #10428
BHPian

Guys,

Need quick help. There is a deal on Samsung Galaxy Note for Rs. 28449.00 on Zoomin. It says "Samsung Galaxy Note (N-7000 - Blue)" Now I wonder if there is a blue color available in note, I checked on samsung site and it lists only black. Though I remember I saw a white color note somewhere. Or this Blue is just part of the model number? Can someone confirm?

EDIT: Samsung India site shows only black colour but Samsung hongkong doesnot show black at all, it shows blue, ceramic white and pink, so I guess this must been sourced from somewhere out of India!! Unfortunately, it does not show any information on warranty at least till the checkout page :( How worth it is to go ahead?

Last edited by Figopian : 31st July 2012 at 10:19.
Old 31st July 2012, 10:24   #10429
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, I remember that Feedback from users. Thanks for reminding me Any other suggestions?

Thanks for a quick reply pal. The Xperia U sure looks nice and packs quite a punch (hardware-wise with dual-core proc and cam recording 720p), didn't think it would fall in my budget as I saw it in stores for 18k+. On checking with Flipkart, it is definitely on my list now. Thanks for the suggestion. Any user feedback for this phone?

So I guess my choices are Xperia U, Neo V (guess this is older model) and One V...

I have read reviews here and there but getting user feedback is far more important for me.
If you want expandable memory, go for Neo V. Else go for Xperia U (4GB User memory only available). Both houses the same camera module is what I heard
Old 31st July 2012, 10:24   #10430
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Guys,

Need quick help. There is a deal on Samsung Galaxy Note for Rs. 28449.00 on Zoomin. It says "Samsung Galaxy Note (N-7000 - Blue)" Now I wonder if there is a blue color available in note,
The Note I bought few days back had printed blue on the cover. It looks almost black (I can't distinguish much between blue and black Note). Cover mentions that it's imported from Vietenam.
Old 31st July 2012, 10:28   #10431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Guys,

Need quick help. There is a deal on Samsung Galaxy Note for Rs. 28449.00 on Zoomin. It says "Samsung Galaxy Note (N-7000 - Blue)" Now I wonder if ..............warranty at least till the checkout page :( How worth it is to go ahead?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
The Note I bought few days back had printed blue on the cover. It looks almost black (I can't distinguish much between blue and black Note).....
From what i understand, the note is available only in 2 colors. White and Blue(which is almost black). There is no specific Black.
Old 31st July 2012, 10:30   #10432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
The Note I bought few days back had printed blue on the cover. It looks almost black (I can't distinguish much between blue and black Note). Cover mentions that it's imported from Vietenam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
From what i understand, the note is available only in 2 colors. White and Blue(which is almost black). There is no specific Black.
Ok, great! So this is not a deal breaker then. What about the warranty? The web site doesnot mention anything about warranty. Not manufacturer nor dealer!!

Last edited by Figopian : 31st July 2012 at 10:32.
Old 31st July 2012, 11:23   #10433
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know what is the highlighted notification I am getting? It tries to open up in a browser and I hope it is not some virus/hacking stuff.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot.jpg
Old 31st July 2012, 11:54   #10434
Senior - BHPian

CM10 to CM9 downgrade in Note

Whatever you do, do not directly downgrade by flashing the CM9. The CM10 build prop has reference to SII in many places as the code is nothing but a port. So when you want to go back to CM9, use PC ODIN or Mobile ODIN and flash back to a stable stock GB, root and then upgrade to CM9.

If you go directly from CM10 to CM9 you can be assured that you will not even see the screen load and no recovery mode.
Old 31st July 2012, 12:55   #10435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Does anyone know what is the highlighted notification I am getting? It tries to open up in a browser and I hope it is not some virus/hacking stuff.

Attachment 963729
This looks like an advertisement generated from some application installed on your phone. You can keep data connection Off and check if it comes back or use some Ad-blocking app like "AdAway" to remove these.
Old 31st July 2012, 17:44   #10436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar
Install an ad-detector from the Play Store and get rid of the offending app.
Old 31st July 2012, 18:14   #10437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
If you want expandable memory, go for Neo V. Else go for Xperia U (4GB User memory only available). Both houses the same camera module is what I heard
Xperia U is for 15.2 k (Sony Xperia U - Black and White Price in India|Sony Xperia U - Black and White Specifications, Reviews) but looks feminine (and personally, a bit gay too!).

Neo L is the latest launch and is priced at 18.5k (Sony Xperia Neo L - Buy Online in India for Rs.18,499 as on 31st July 2012 - Price, Features, Reviews, Specifications, Photos, Videos | BuyThePrice.com). I'd say its a much better package than One V.
Old 31st July 2012, 18:37   #10438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Xperia U is for 15.2 k (Sony Xperia U - Black and White Price in India|Sony Xperia U - Black and White Specifications, Reviews) but looks feminine (and personally, a bit gay too!).

Neo L is the latest launch and is priced at 18.5k (Sony Xperia Neo L - Buy Online in India for Rs.18,499 as on 31st July 2012 - Price, Features, Reviews, Specifications, Photos, Videos | BuyThePrice.com). I'd say its a much better package than One V.
Xperia U does look feminine and thats a good thing bcos I intend to buy it for my wife

Neo L does have good specs and ICS but 18k+ is a lil out of reach. Will consider it if prices come down by 2k by August end (seems unlikely though)
Old 31st July 2012, 18:47   #10439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Main drawbacks - Neo V has poor build quality; esp the cheap looking plastic/rubber flaps on top. Seem like they may just break off soon. One V has no magnetometer. Xperia U has no expandable memory like already mentioned, but it has USB on the go.
Old 31st July 2012, 18:52   #10440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Main drawbacks - Neo V has poor build quality; esp the cheap looking plastic/rubber flaps on top. Seem like they may just break off soon. One V has no magnetometer. Xperia U has no expandable memory like already mentioned, but it has USB on the go.
Thanks for list. Out of these, I'm ready to live with lower memory with USB OTG.

What r your thoughts of the Neo L (I read somewhere that the L is a single core and U is dual core ) ?

Last edited by Zenster : 31st July 2012 at 19:02.

Most Viewed