Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2012, 16:28   #10456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123
Anyone knows of a good GPS software for Android phones which has the following features -

1. India Navigation
2. Trip Summary results (like total time, top speed, avg speed etc)

I have seen summary screens on standalone GPS units like TomTom etc but not on the GPS software i have tried on my android phone (Sygic/Wuze etc).
1.Sygic
2. My Tracks
Old 1st August 2012, 16:46   #10457
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Anyone knows of a good GPS software for Android phones which has the following features -

1. India Navigation
2. Trip Summary results (like total time, top speed, avg speed etc)

I have seen summary screens on standalone GPS units like TomTom etc but not on the GPS software i have tried on my android phone (Sygic/Wuze etc).
When I used Sygic with MMI on my Galaxy Ace in 2011, I remember it gave the summary. I used that feature on my roadtrips many times.
Old 1st August 2012, 16:49   #10458
Distinguished - BHPian

Remove the battery immediately. and then...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athani View Post
Keep it in a bowl of uncooked rice for at least 2 days. Rice should cover the phone fully. Then try to power it on..
Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Wont the dust from rice cause a problem for the phone?
No: it is a classic method of removing moisture from wet electronics.

Many circuits and components are not actually damaged by water, but if current is flowing then the short circuits may well destroy stuff.
Old 1st August 2012, 20:07   #10459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Motorola Razr Maxx. It has a 3300 mah battery. Should last for 2 days in a smartphone usage scenario.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
+1 My friend's Atrix 2 lasts 2 days with 2G on all time and average use
Thanks. 3300mAh is massive power. Gotta check out.
Putting 30k on a motorola. Damn!
Old 1st August 2012, 21:01   #10460
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
+1 My friend's Atrix 2 lasts 2 days with 2G on all time and average use
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Even I can vouch for 2 days life on Atrix 2 with 2G. After I shifted to 3G it has come down to 1 to 1.5 days at max.
Old 1st August 2012, 22:36   #10461
BHPian

Query !
I have 10+ Gigs of music in my lappy. I just love rating my songs so that its convenient to find them at the right time.

Now the problem is that practically its impossible to sit hooked my laptop all the time and rate each and every song.

I am looking for an app for android or s/w for windows which can sync back ratings and play count from my phone to laptop.
I dont want any paid stuff. Please suggest some suitable app. I just want to sync back ratings from android to laptop. Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 22:45   #10462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What's wrong with Motorola?

Else, go for Samsung Galaxy Nexus. At 1750 mah, that should suffice your purpose well. Not to forget that it's the ultimate Android device with the added guarantee of always having the latest update first in world. At 23k, it is definitely a steal!
Old 1st August 2012, 22:52   #10463
Senior - BHPian

Any app available in android that changes settings of wifi, bluetooth, profiles according to time?

please let me know if anybody uses such an app. I don't want one that does it by location as that would use data or GPS. I want something that can do according to the time.

thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 23:20   #10464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle
Any app available in android that changes settings of wifi, bluetooth, profiles according to time?

please let me know if anybody uses such an app. I don't want one that does it by location as that would use data or GPS. I want something that can do according to the time.

thanks
Profile scheduler! Been working fine on my Note! Simple and does it's job.
Old 1st August 2012, 23:23   #10465
BHPian

Quote:

thanks
I am using an app called Smart Profiles (Free). It has options to manually change the profile, automatically change as per the set time or change as per location. Free app. Does the job well.
Old 2nd August 2012, 00:57   #10466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post

thanks
You could try Tasker. Its a paid app but gives you fantastic amounts of control over launching apps, based on time or whatever event. Practically lets you make mini apps yourself to control your phone as you like.

Its a little complicated at first but once you get the basics of it, its brilliant.
Old 2nd August 2012, 01:28   #10467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post

thanks
Consider Green Power. Most imp. advantage is that it has a pretty small footprint. However, for what you require, I guess you'll need the paid version.

And doing it by location does not necessarily require GPS. It can be done thru cell location (coarse). That would also mean battery saving. I don't know if GP works this way though. Please check it out if interested.
Old 2nd August 2012, 02:51   #10468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Consider Green Power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhiteknight View Post
You could try Tasker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi.Knight View Post
app called Smart Profiles (Free). It has options to manually change the profile, automatically change as per the set time or change as per location. Free app. Does the job well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Profile scheduler!
Thank you guys,

I will give all of above try. Will keep the best one. Will update soon. I don't mind paying for an app if it gets my job done.

thanks
Old 2nd August 2012, 09:23   #10469
BHPian

Quote:
Atrix 2 is a value for money purchase at 20K. I won't say the same about Razr Maxx. Other than the 3300Mah battery, it feels handicapped to competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Even I can vouch for 2 days life on Atrix 2 with 2G. After I shifted to 3G it has come down to 1 to 1.5 days at max.
I guess your Atrix 2 is the Indian version. Am I right? I've another friend of mine who got an unlocked AT&T version of the same and his battery life on 3G seems to go for a toss. With pretty average usage, he says he can't last 12hrs. On 2G, its not an issue. He's getting more than 2 days. I guess its something related to the baseband. Anyone else having the same issue?

Last edited by bhp_maniac : 2nd August 2012 at 09:24.
Old 2nd August 2012, 10:16   #10470
BHPian

Quote:

thanks
I used to use an app called Llama which does a lot of things based on location. It does not use GPS but uses cell tower information to do this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks