Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2012, 23:16   #10546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Hello Friends, I need you advise on a deal that was suggested to me by a store in Kandivali (Mumbai). The Store looks quite reputed, have been watching them go about their business for more than a year and have grown from 1 to 3 different stores (all electronics based) in the Raghuleela mall. The store is "Tec Zone".

Now for the deal, this guy offered me the Xperia U with bill/warranty for 16500/- and the same model without bill/waranty for 12500/-, a difference of 4000/- flat.

I know seller warranty was suggested to me earlier which I was not keen on, but that was Ebay and here I'd be dealing with a person and checking the piece before purchase. So I'm tempted.

Any suggestion or experiences from this store ?
Oh yeah I've bought some stuff from Tec Zone. Its a pretty reliable shop. I would say check the device properly before leaving the shop and make sure they open the seal infront of you.
Old 6th August 2012, 23:19   #10547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard

Oh yeah I've bought some stuff from Tec Zone. Its a pretty reliable shop. I would say check the device properly before leaving the shop and make sure they open the seal infront of you.
Great thanks a lot for that lil review. I will pickup the Xperia U from there around Eid.
Old 7th August 2012, 09:06   #10548
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Heard that Verizon is now shipping ICS for the Incredible 2. Wonder when will we see it here.

Also, I hope this does not involved in taking a rooted unit (AlphaRevX or revolutionnary) back to Froyo, unroot, unlock the bootloader, root, and then go up again as is the case with CM9!
Old 7th August 2012, 09:58   #10549
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Note users, Indian 4.0.4 DDLR6 is out. Although I'm on German xxlrk right now! Do upgrade and let us know how the phone behaves. Cheers!
Yey. ICS 4.0.4, here I come. I battery at present is at 30%. Will charge it for some time and then install.
Old 7th August 2012, 10:42   #10550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
That's great news! Any idea if it is available OTA? Also any great add ons on the change log?
No OTA as far as i know

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Yey. ICS 4.0.4, here I come. I battery at present is at 30%. Will charge it for some time and then install.
I dont have access to KIES now so will have to wait till i get to a computer.....do let us know what your first impressions are once you are done with the update.
Old 7th August 2012, 14:46   #10551
Distinguished - BHPian

New firmware is ready for upgrade over KIES. Didnt go for the upgrade though. BTW, an update on my battery status.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-a1.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-a2.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-export_02.png  

Old 7th August 2012, 15:01   #10552
Senior - BHPian

Saw this thread so posting my query again here from the mobile and electronics thread, my cousin is looking to buy a new handset max budget is 20 k, which is the best available android handset for her, she asked about samsung galaxy S Advance, how this handset, is it worth buying or shall look out for some other handset.
Old 7th August 2012, 15:07   #10553
Senior - BHPian

Need to have a phone to replace my Defy. Have been having problems with the touch screen lately.
Looking at HTC One V. Is this a good choice. Need something until windows 8 arrives and can handover the phone to my wife
Since it has a non-replaceable battery (cant make myself non-reachable :( ), does it have a dedicated reset button atleast in case it hangs?

Last edited by srishiva : 7th August 2012 at 15:08.
Old 7th August 2012, 15:19   #10554
BHPian

Is the Android 4.0.4 upgrade available for the Galaxy S2 as well?
Old 7th August 2012, 15:30   #10555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
BTW, an update on my battery status.
The only reason your battery is lasting is because you haven't loaded any major applications onto it. Hence there is no reason for the battery to get drained.

Your card memory is less than 0.4% full and your phone memory is less than 4% full. In my case its the other way around...lol
Old 7th August 2012, 15:34   #10556
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
The only reason your battery is lasting is because you haven't loaded any major applications onto it. Hence there is no reason for the battery to get drained.

Your card memory is less than 0.4% full and your phone memory is less than 4% full. In my case its the other way around...lol
True, but many guys have reported poor backup with the kind of apps I run. Due to this I almost dropped the plan of buying the Note and go for S3. But the sheer screen size was way too attractive.

Anyways, you using a Note? If so, did you get the latest firmware? I'm waiting for the comments of other Note users.
Old 7th August 2012, 15:39   #10557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True, but many guys have reported poor backup with the kind of apps I run. Due to this I almost dropped the plan of buying the Note and go for S3. But the sheer screen size was way too attractive.

Anyways, you using a Note? If so, did you get the latest firmware? I'm waiting for the comments of other Note users.
Yes i am using the Note and i am waiting to get back home after work and upgrade my note.
Old 7th August 2012, 15:41   #10558
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes i am using the Note and i am waiting to get back home after work and upgrade my note.
Cool. Keep us updated. I will also upgrade in couple of hours.
Old 7th August 2012, 17:21   #10559
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Cool. Keep us updated. I will also upgrade in couple of hours.
Started the upgrade... Reaches this step ( pls see attached screen shot) in a minute and then it's incredibly slow.. It's like a 1% increase in 3 minutes.. Please let me know if you see a better rate of progress.

Name:  note.png
Views: 795
Size:  49.9 KB
Old 7th August 2012, 17:30   #10560
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Started the upgrade... Reaches this step ( pls see attached screen shot) in a minute and then it's incredibly slow.. It's like a 1% increase in 3 minutes.. Please let me know if you see a better rate of progress.

Attachment 966643
I tried the update. Initial process went fine. Then during the installation I get the message saying that my phone is running low on battery. I tried this at 41% and now at 54%. Still getting the same message. Will wait for a while and try again. Will keep you posted. File download was fast but got this message during the actual installation.

PS - Thanks for letting us know about the speed. Guess I will fully charge my phone tonight and get it updated tomorrow morning. Dont want to get stuck in office.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 7th August 2012 at 17:33.

Most Viewed