Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2017, 13:57   #25456
Team-BHP Support

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Bought an LG V20 couple of days back.
Congratulations! How good is the battery with moderate usage? I am looking to trade in my S7 Edge and get a V20, but just waiting to see how the G6 is.
Old 27th March 2017, 15:07   #25457
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Bought an LG V20 couple of days back. Got a good deal and laid to rest my Moto X Force.
How much did you pay for it and from where did you get it?
Old 27th March 2017, 16:48   #25458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Congratulations! How good is the battery with moderate usage? I am looking to trade in my S7 Edge and get a V20, but just waiting to see how the G6 is.
I keep location/BT/WiFi always on. And display is set for auto brightness. And the moto x force had a 3800mah battery. So i do feel the backup is less which is why i have ordered the spare battery and charger from amazon. Used to love having that freedom when i had the LG G3 and the G4.

I guess with the S7 edge you get a slightly better display, water resistance and better battery backup but no replaceable battery, no dual cam, no secondary screen, no awesome DACs etc etc

And i was also waiting for the G6. Looked amazing, but somehow underwhelming. Crazy display and amazing looks plus water resistance but i could not see myself buying it so bit the bullet and picked up the v20.

It's totally upto you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
How much did you pay for it and from where did you get it?
From a local dealer here who had a unit which was just a day old. So got a good price. Well known person so i have his guarantee to fall back on as well. Exchanged my X force as well. So mighty happy.

At sub 40k currently on amazon, i think it's a pretty good buy all things considered.

Last edited by deathwalkr : 27th March 2017 at 16:50.
Old 28th March 2017, 07:05   #25459
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi guys, I've been using a Moto X Play since last 1 and half years. Now it's getting really slow. I've tried factory reset but of no use. It lags a lot. Now I'm looking for a budget smartphone around 15K. What good options we have? I'm looking at Moto G5 Plus. What I've noticed is that most of the android phones start lagging after use of about 1 year. Suggestions please.
Old 28th March 2017, 07:40   #25460
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I keep location/BT/WiFi always on. And display is set for auto brightness.
I use the same way, except for BT

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr
I guess with the S7 edge you get a slightly better display, water resistance and better battery backup but no replaceable battery, no dual cam, no secondary screen, no awesome DACs etc etc

And i was also waiting for the G6. Looked amazing, but somehow underwhelming. Crazy display and amazing looks plus water resistance but i could not see myself buying it so bit the bullet and picked up the v20.
S7 edge is good to look at, but it’s a bit too delicate for my liking. Loved earlier G3 and swayed to the S7 only because the G5 was a bit too underwhelming. I use my phones without any added cover/skin and considering that, the V20 maybe a better bet than the G6.
Old 28th March 2017, 08:50   #25461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Hi guys, I've been using a Moto X Play since last 1 and half years. Now it's getting really slow. I've tried factory reset but of no use. It lags a lot. Now I'm looking for a budget smartphone around 15K. What good options we have? I'm looking at Moto G5 Plus. What I've noticed is that most of the android phones start lagging after use of about 1 year. Suggestions please.

Not sure if you'd like to go the iOS route, but I feel instead of changing Android phone, get yourself an iPhone and use it for 3 years minimum stress free
The G5 on the other hand is a great phone at the price point given. However, that's also gonna slow down after 1.5 years (Happens with all the Moto Gs)
Old 28th March 2017, 09:33   #25462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I use the same way, except for BT

S7 edge is good to look at, but it’s a bit too delicate for my liking. Loved earlier G3 and swayed to the S7 only because the G5 was a bit too underwhelming. I use my phones without any added cover/skin and considering that, the V20 maybe a better bet than the G6.
Use BT for the car stereo connect for calls. Too lazy to switch on and off while needed. So i just leave it on

If you think the S7 edge looks delicate then you will love the v20. It's pretty straightforward design and just subtly goes about it's job without drawing too much attention to it. And yea, after the G3 and G4 i just couldn't bring myself to buy the G5. Was just so bad.

And the V20 is military rated for drops so you should be ok without a case but i would suggest getting one at least to protect the camera bump.
Old 28th March 2017, 09:55   #25463
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post
Not sure if you'd like to go the iOS route, but I feel instead of changing Android phone, get yourself an iPhone and use it for 3 years minimum stress free
The G5 on the other hand is a great phone at the price point given. However, that's also gonna slow down after 1.5 years (Happens with all the Moto Gs)
No doubts iPhones are too good, I need a dual sim phone and it's the main reason for not selecting an iPhone. I has a Samsung Note2 earlier but that also slowed down so I stopped investing in pricier phones. Most probably Moto G5 Plus it would be.
Old 30th March 2017, 09:58   #25464
Senior - BHPian

Disabled some of the inbuilt apps which i don't use, like facebook, instagram and the likes and noticed a marked improvement in battery life.

Still putting the phone through its paces and been a happy buyer thus far. Mostly honeymoon effect i know but i hope it lasts
Old 30th March 2017, 13:27   #25465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
No doubts iPhones are too good, I need a dual sim phone and it's the main reason for not selecting an iPhone. I has a Samsung Note2 earlier but that also slowed down so I stopped investing in pricier phones. Most probably Moto G5 Plus it would be.
A word of caution if you're planning to use Jio with Moto G5 Plus. Bought one for my father and occasionally VoLTE goes down. Sometimes it fixes itself after a restart, sometimes not. A friend with a newly acquired G5 plus reported similar issues. Might be fixed in a later software update, hopefully.
Old 30th March 2017, 14:59   #25466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
Try www.cashify.in . They have a very convenient process. But please have your expectations low.
Thank you! I tried cashify. They initially quoted 4300, when he came to pickup, he said that the device is older than an year and offered 3.5k. Anyways, gave away the phone. This was better than what flipkart was offering; 2400.

I had ordered the redmi note4 on 23rd and they delivered on 24th before noon. Thats, I got the device on less than 24 hours
I love the battery backup and the speed. The battery lasts more then 24 hours under moderate usage. This quite is VFM. One thing that caught me was, the sound coming out from only the right side down grill. Thought that the speaker on left has gone kaput. Did an internet search and found out on the forums that this is quite the norm. Speaker on one side and mic on the other side.
Old 30th March 2017, 15:17   #25467
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
A word of caution if you're planning to use Jio with Moto G5 Plus. Bought one for my father and occasionally VoLTE goes down. Sometimes it fixes itself after a restart, sometimes not. A friend with a newly acquired G5 plus reported similar issues. Might be fixed in a later software update, hopefully.
Thanks for a heads up. I've my old Moto X Play which I'll again format and use it exclusively with Jio as an in-car entertainment system. Moto G 5 Plus will be used with Airtel and BSNL.
Old 31st March 2017, 11:50   #25468
BHPian

Experts,

Have any body faced similar issues as me after changing vodafone 3G SIM to 4G . My OPO is not detecting any SIM. Error is as displayed below.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-capture.png

Wondering if there is any hope anywhere. I have already tried all tricks like installing new ROM from cynogen 11 to Lineage OS ,locking boot loader , resetting phone to stock etc

Assuming that it is a 2 years old device & end of life. My requirements are -

A) Dual Sim
B) Good camera - can compromise
C) 5.5" display

On top of above, I usually use my phones for normal works like whats app ,Official mail etc. I am keen on main stream brands only within a budget of 20 -22 K.

Based on above have finalized Moto G5 plus & samsung Galaxy A9 Pro. I am keen on going Samsung given the 6" screen but is still running Android 6. Any clues if it is scheduled to get nougat in near future.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 31st March 2017 at 11:53.
Old 31st March 2017, 13:15   #25469
BHPian

Experts,
Anyone here using Mi5? Smitten, but want real world experiences. Particularly about call and network quality.
Old 31st March 2017, 16:56   #25470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Experts,
Anyone here using Mi5? Smitten, but want real world experiences. Particularly about call and network quality.
I use MI5 . Call quality is good . Network quality is good on Jio, average on Airtel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks