Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2017, 00:10   #25621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
The Image File size is displayed as '0' bytes in Phone and Windows PC
Are you running out of space by any chance?
Old 26th April 2017, 09:57   #25622
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I was all set to buy the OP3T. Just waiting for some cash back. Now I see that LG has launched the G6 for 52K and with a 10K amazon cashback for Prime.

At 42K, it has a QHD 5.7" screen, IP68 protection, dual cameras, Quad DAC and looks super premium. I am now really tempted for the Lg G6 but 12K more than 3T.....

Damn you LG. Couldn't you be like Samsung and price the G6 out of contention.
Does the Indian version have the Quad DAC? Didn't see it listed in their website. Could have missed it but.

I have the LG V20 and can vouch for the sheer amazery of the quad DACs. FLACs never sounded so good

Just waiting for poweramp to launch the V3 so that it supports 24bit high res output. For now sticking with the stock music app.

On that note, i think the V20 is at 36 odd? Good deal considering you get to swap batteries And i like the fact that it is a very subtle looking phone. Won't grab eyes and i feel safer.
Old 26th April 2017, 10:18   #25623
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Does the Indian version have the Quad DAC? Didn't see it listed in their website. Could have missed it but.
Yes the indian version does have the Quad DAC's. LG V20 is just way toooooo big. Anyways I picked up the G6.
Old 26th April 2017, 10:20   #25624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes the indian version does have the Quad DAC's. LG V20 is just way toooooo big. Anyways I picked up the G6.
Awesome Hope you some nice high impedance headphones to make the most of the quad DACs and of course a good collection of 24bit flacs
Old 26th April 2017, 11:02   #25625
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Anyways I picked up the G6.
Good choice! The G6 looked really good; I just checked it out during my lunch hour. It’s just slightly bigger than my iPhone 7 and looks very sleek.
Unlike the V20, single-handed operation is a breeze. That said, I am happy that I picked up the V20 instead of the G6 – the big screen is great for movies, and I find the second screen really useful!
Old 26th April 2017, 13:06   #25626
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Good choice! The G6 looked really good; I just checked it out during my lunch hour. It’s just slightly bigger than my iPhone 7 and looks very sleek.
Unlike the V20, single-handed operation is a breeze. That said, I am happy that I picked up the V20 instead of the G6 – the big screen is great for movies, and I find the second screen really useful!
I was completely set and decided on OnePlus 3T. Like the Galaxy S8, I thought LG will price it above 50K making it easily out of contention as I had no thoughts of spending 52K on an Android which would drop to nothing in months time.

all of a sudden the 10K cashback offer meant the effective price was 42K and for the extra 12K over the OnePlus I was getting IP68 protection, dual cams, 5.7" screen in smaller form factor and a newer model considering the Oneplus 5 is slated for a June launch.

I only hope LG is not slow on software updates for the G6 and the hardware is reliable...
Old 26th April 2017, 14:29   #25627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy
Are you running out of space by any chance?
Yes the Free Space on Internal Storage was less. In fact I was getting notification every now and then about it. But due to work load did not have time to free up space.

But this happened even when there was 1-2 GB Free Space.

Now there is 1.12Gb Free Space on Internal Memory.

I guess Mi has backed up the images on mi cloud before making the File Size 0.
Old 26th April 2017, 15:59   #25628
BHPian

Quote:
Awesome! Pics when you get it and keep us posted on how it is.

Just so you know, LG makes awesome screens, I was a huge fan of the G2, and then I'm probably one of the few who liked the G5 and I'm currently using it. Beautiful screens and I see that the G6 only got it even better.
Old 26th April 2017, 17:18   #25629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I only hope LG is not slow on software updates for the G6 and the hardware is reliable...
Hardware is reliable. But OS updates? Now that's a different thing altogether

My V20 is still on 7.0 with December Security Patch.

My wife's OP3 regularly gets updates. Ah well.

Enjoy the phone forget the updates. Did you try the QuadDAC?
Old 26th April 2017, 17:50   #25630
BHPian

Quote:
I was completely set and decided on OnePlus 3T. Like the Galaxy S8, I thought LG will price it above 50K making it easily out of contention as I had no thoughts of spending 52K on an Android which would drop to nothing in months time.

all of a sudden the 10K cashback offer meant the effective price was 42K and for the extra 12K over the OnePlus I was getting IP68 protection, dual cams, 5.7" screen in smaller form factor and a newer model considering the Oneplus 5 is slated for a June launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Hardware is reliable. But OS updates? Now that's a different thing altogether

My V20 is still on 7.0 with December Security Patch.

My wife's OP3 regularly gets updates. Ah well.

Enjoy the phone forget the updates. Did you try the QuadDAC?
LG is a little slow on the updates front. However I have to point out that I received the Nougat update in mid December for my LG G5, which I didn't think was all that bad. I believe that was before the OP3/Galaxy phones. I think Samsung updated their flagships recently.

If I'm not wrong, HTC promises their phones within a 90 day update period.

EDIT: Here, just found this on Android Central for the Nougat update.

LG: 78 days
Motorola: 88 days
HTC: 95 days
Sony: 99 days
Xiaomi: 126 days
OnePlus: 131 days
Samsung: 143 days

http://www.androidauthority.com/andr...-speed-743073/

Last edited by sweetvar26 : 26th April 2017 at 17:58.
Old 26th April 2017, 18:39   #25631
BHPian

Someone pointed out that OP5 is due in June!! So maybe I should wait on that rather than purchasing the OP3T now. I googled and saw some rumors on the same and maybe it makes sense to wait another two months.
Old 26th April 2017, 18:52   #25632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
I think Samsung updated their flagships recently.

If I'm not wrong, HTC promises their phones within a 90 day update period.

Samsung started rolling out for older flagships like the S6 this month in India! Most Note 5s haven't gotten Nougat yet. The Nougat betas were available last May/June to start development!!. I agree that these devices are old and not major priority, but they are still flagship devices, and not mid rangers.
Old 27th April 2017, 00:03   #25633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Someone pointed out that OP5 is due in June!! So maybe I should wait on that rather than purchasing the OP3T now. I googled and saw some rumors on the same and maybe it makes sense to wait another two months.
The unveiling might be done in June/July but by the time you get hands on it, would be Aug/Sep by the earliest. Considering the high demand/supply issues and the annoying invite system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Samsung started rolling out for older flagships like the S6 this month in India! Most Note 5s haven't gotten Nougat yet. The Nougat betas were available last May/June to start development!!. I agree that these devices are old and not major priority, but they are still flagship devices, and not mid rangers.
Exactly. Looking by what I've read online, I think Samsung is one of the worst when it comes to updates.
Old 27th April 2017, 07:02   #25634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Most Note 5s haven't gotten Nougat yet. The Nougat betas were available last May/June to start development!!. I agree that these devices are old and not major priority, but they are still flagship devices, and not mid rangers.
My note 5 got the Nougat update in March. Samsung has been keeping up in terms of updates not as fast as Nexus or Pixel devices but definitely decent.
Old 27th April 2017, 09:08   #25635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
My note 5 got the Nougat update in March. Samsung has been keeping up in terms of updates not as fast as Nexus or Pixel devices but definitely decent.

The SM-N920G has been updated in the Indian Subcontinent only. Same SKU is sold in parts of Africa, South America and the carribean, and is still stuck on Marshmallow. My sister's SM-N920I from singapore has not been updated anywhere in the world : so i cannot even manually install another country's firmware (dont want a custom rom). Many other versions are also stuck, and most of them are factory unlocked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks