Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2017, 15:38   #26371
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
From what I've heard RN4 is definitely more delicate than RN3 because of 2.5D curved glass.

If you come across any cover or case with a bit premium feel then please share.
I bought the Kapaver Bumper case from flipkart. Apparently the material used is rubber, which I feel absorbs falls better than plastic. Will provide the feedback once I use it.
Old 25th September 2017, 15:50   #26372
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
If factory reset did not help and i assume that the speaker volume is high then it's time to take it to the service center.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
Check if there is something blocking the speaker grill. There might be some lint or other gunk collected over there. You can clean with toothbrush or ball pin. Had the same issue in my old phone.
Made a trip to the LG service center on Saturday and the phone was ready for collection this morning - such a relief to have the primary function (to make calls) working again

On a side note, (here in Singapore) this is where Apple and Samsung works better - service centres which are centrally located, normally in some swanky mall. The LG service centre was 20+ kms from where I stay, and that too tucked inside an industrial estate!
Old 26th September 2017, 23:51   #26373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
1. Lg G6/g6+
2. Lg V30
V30 is just launched so may not be available but g6 you will get it easily. you can get g6 unlocked easily from reputed seller on ebay. like this one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-G6-H870DS...k_z3qQiuIycp7A
Thanks for the recommendation ! I know LG were supplier to Google for their Nexus series. But somehow I don't like LG 'phones'.
I have used their TV, DVD Player, Microwave, Fridge, AC, but not Phone. The last one I used was from 2005 and didn't like it, compared to the blue Samsung one. I have serious doubts on their battery capability. They advertise their AMOLED screen, display, etc etc, but never say we have the best battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_bhp View Post
Works on my S8+. I have the Verizon version though.
Just curious .. Why no Samsung?
I have the Galaxy S7 Edge on mind as the last resort. But over the years, Samsung has lost my faith in them. No matter how high end the phone be, the damn thing slows down as soon as it completes 1 year and the warranty gets over. I understand the new gen Galaxy models have less bloatware, but nevertheless, they have lost my complete trust.
Quote:
How about the Moto Z2 Force? I had the Moto Z before the Samsung and liked it.
I loved all the Moto models. I have used the G3 and got G5 for mom. Have seen lots of friends using Moto. How are they fairing in the market these days. Apologies, I haven't been in the phone market since 2 years now, so my knowledge is kinda outdated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
Try Amazon, they have a number of unlocked phones and carry warranty.
Some options are Moto G plus, Alcatel 5S to LG G6, V20.
Moto is what I would choose out of these, if I have to !

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I purchased the OnePlus 5 on launch day, when in US, as my Redmi had an issue.
One Plus is going places ! I am excited about getting that one. Let me see how much that costs here. Any pointers from which website you purchased in US ?
Old 27th September 2017, 11:17   #26374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Thanks for the recommendation ! I know LG were supplier to Google for their Nexus series. But somehow I don't like LG 'phones'.
I have used their TV, DVD Player, Microwave, Fridge, AC, but not Phone. The last one I used was from 2005 and didn't like it, compared to the blue Samsung one. I have serious doubts on their battery capability. They advertise their AMOLED screen, display, etc etc, but never say we have the best battery.
Which flagship advertises about battery? LG has a LED screen only on the V30. Others are all LCD screens. With QC3.0 battery backup is seldom a concern. A QC3.0 powerbank is more than enough confidence to get you through the day or days.

Do check out the G6 and V30. You might be surprised considering how your last experience with LG was way back in 2005

OP5 is seriously overpriced in my honest opinion. No memory card, ancient HD display, no waterproofing, no quadDACs etc

Had the Moto Z force before i bought the LG V20. Lovely backup thanks to its 3750mah battery. But other than that it was just another phone. Nothing special.

But hey to each his own. Enjoy your new phone whichever it is.

Last edited by deathwalkr : 27th September 2017 at 11:21.
Old 27th September 2017, 14:12   #26375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Does anyone have any feedback on the MI A1?
Its a little too big for my liking but specs do look good - other than the missing NFC.
Took the plunge and ordered the MI A1 from Flipkart today. Delivery on 3rd, but when can I realistically expect it?
Old 27th September 2017, 14:37   #26376
BHPian

Quote:
Took the plunge and ordered the MI A1 from Flipkart today. Delivery on 3rd, but when can I realistically expect it?
How did you order? Status has been 'Out of Stock' since last 4-5 days? I have even subscribed for notification when it is ready, but yet to receive any email.
Old 27th September 2017, 14:50   #26377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I too ordered Redmi Note 4 on Sunday from Flipkart. Got a message yesterday that is is dispatched, but again today morning got a sorry message stating it will be delayed to 05th Oct.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 27th September 2017 at 15:04.
Old 27th September 2017, 14:54   #26378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
How did you order? Status has been 'Out of Stock' since last 4-5 days? I have even subscribed for notification when it is ready, but yet to receive any email.
There was a flash sale scheduled for today at 12. It was out of stock by the time I checked out.

There was also a Re.1 sale in mi.com for redmi note 4 at 11, but that showed "sale over" as soon as I clicked the buy button as soon as it appeared. Probably a fake sale.
Old 27th September 2017, 15:09   #26379
BHPian

Quote:
There was a flash sale scheduled for today at 12. It was out of stock by the time I checked out.

There was also a Re.1 sale in mi.com for redmi note 4 at 11, but that showed "sale over" as soon as I clicked the buy button as soon as it appeared. Probably a fake sale.
Bit surprised that I did not receive any email notification of today's flash sale. In the recent years, I almost stopped visiting FK website/app and order all my stuff through Amazon. And in Amazon, if I subscribe for a flash sale, i will receive an email before the actual sale starts. So, i was hoping that it will be the same in FK as well!
Old 27th September 2017, 15:20   #26380
Team-BHP Support

Mi A1 is easily available in retail stores, at least in Bangalore. I checked out a demo piece on launch day, and the guy had stock if I wanted to buy.
Old 27th September 2017, 15:52   #26381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Bit surprised that I did not receive any email notification of today's flash sale. In the recent years, I almost stopped visiting FK website/app and order all my stuff through Amazon. And in Amazon, if I subscribe for a flash sale, i will receive an email before the actual sale starts. So, i was hoping that it will be the same in FK as well!
MI A1 is available in Croma here in Mumbai and the Gold one is available (atleast till a few minutes back) on the Mi website. Black is sold out and Rose gold has never been made available any where
Old 27th September 2017, 15:59   #26382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
MI A1 is available in Croma here in Mumbai and the Gold one is available (atleast till a few minutes back) on the Mi website. Black is sold out and Rose gold has never been made available any where
Thanks for the information. I am looking for exchanging my existing G4+, hence I will buy online, whenever it is available.
Old 27th September 2017, 16:05   #26383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

I loved all the Moto models. I have used the G3 and got G5 for mom. Have seen lots of friends using Moto. How are they fairing in the market these days. Apologies, I haven't been in the phone market since 2 years now, so my knowledge is kinda outdated.

Moto is what I would choose out of these, if I have to !
I have been using G4+ since last 11 months or so and even my friend brought the same at around the same time. Other friend and one of my cousin are having G5. Based on the feedback from all of them (including mine), i suggest you to stay away from Moto. They were pretty good till G4, since then the quality (mainly SW quality) has gone down the drain. Mine is having 'ghost touch' issue, my friend's (G4+) is having 'ghost image' issue, G5 users are not happy with the battery. Even mine, battery run time is pathetic to say the least. I used to recommend Moto phones to my friends and relatives, but now i have decided not to do that any more.
Old 27th September 2017, 16:21   #26384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone have any feedback on the MI A1?
Its a little too big for my liking but specs do look good - other than the missing NFC.
I know I'm late because you posted in the thread that you have ordered already.

But I got the gold Mi A1 for the wife two weeks back at the time of the launch, it is a close call between the A1 and the G5S Plus.

So far the phone has done quite well, the camera is decent and dual camera portrait mode works fairly well. The battery life has been exceptional so far with a full charge lasting almost about 36-48 hours. Of course the number of apps running is quite less (<50) and usage pattern is moderate to light. But the SOT is still around 5.5-6.5 Hrs out of this.

Overall quite satisfied with the purchase, in this price segment some of the phones are so closely spec'd that it quite difficult to choose between them. Case in point Moto G5S Plus. You just pick one and hope it doesn't trouble you for the intended duration of ownership.
Old 27th September 2017, 17:02   #26385
BHPian

Ladies & Gents,

It's time for me to move away from the Apple ecosystem. Been a user since 2009, and have owned 4 really satisfying iPhones from Apple till now.

However, the new line up doesn't float my boat. The iPhone 8 is just an iPhone 7S. And the iPhone X is not my cup of tea. I don't want my phone being unlocked with my face. Period.

So, what are my options in the Android ecosystem? No basic phones please. And no sub-standard manufacturers either. It's either Samsung, OnePlus, Google, or maybe a Motorola. Budget is up to 60K INR.

Fingerprint scanner is a must, expandable storage is not really needed as long as there's at least 64 GB of storage on board. Dual sim would be nice to have, screen must be great and performance has to be butter smooth. Cannot stand laggy, jerky phones that become slow as molasses as time goes on. Camera is not a major requirement, though a good one with OIS should suffice.

So what are my choices? OnePlus 5? Galaxy S8?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks