Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2017, 11:51   #26281
Senior - BHPian

Had the xforce for a few months before buying the lgv20.
Good phone. Amazing battery life thanks to the 3750mah battery.
Lack of android updates and random hanging made me get off it faster than i would have liked.
Old 17th September 2017, 12:05   #26282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Anyone has any feedback on the Moto X Force. Looks very good on paper and I expect some discounts during the upcoming Amazon / Flipkart sales.
Motorola XForce may not support volte too in the future due to the lack of android updates . Along with jio Airtel too has begun to implement volte in mumbai . This point too should be considered before you decide to buy it .
Old 17th September 2017, 12:38   #26283
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Anyone here has information on when the LG V30 will launch/ get listed to buy in India?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
I'm very keen on the LG V30 as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Waiting for that. Hoping to exchange my V20 and get the V30 if priced at around 50k. Wishful thinking i know, but people somehow do not seem to pay the same price for an LG as they would do for a Samsung.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Well, not wishful thinking at all. They'd rather price it that or even lesser than 50k, rather than price it more and see no sales at all. As you said, literally no one purchases LG phones, I only know of 1 colleague who has a model that also sports a stylus.
I am also keen on the V30 especially for the video+audio capabilities. I think they might just price it at par or a shade cheaper than S8 here. So a 50k+ price seems to be a given.

I did buy an LG G1800 earlier in my life (~05 or 06), though it was the pre-android era. It had a massive "64 MB" memory
Old 17th September 2017, 14:42   #26284
BANNED

Anybody using the Galaxy S7 here? Flipkart is holding a sale where it will be for 27k. Wanted to know your feedback on it. General performance, camera, battery etc. I reckon it's mostly as good as the S8 except for the better looking design.
Old 17th September 2017, 15:13   #26285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Anybody using the Galaxy S7 here? Flipkart is holding a sale where it will be for 27k. Wanted to know your feedback on it. General performance, camera, battery etc. I reckon it's mostly as good as the S8 except for the better looking design.
I am using the S7 Edge for almost a year and am completely satisfied with all aspects of this phone. No issues whatsoever.

Do not buy the 32gb variant as space issues will have you deleting stuff regularly, which is painful. Even with a sd card its no use as what's app images, videos take up space which cannot be moved to the sd card.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Old 17th September 2017, 15:38   #26286
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
I am using the S7 Edge for almost a year and am completely satisfied with all aspects of this phone. No issues whatsoever.

Do not buy the 32gb variant as space issues will have you deleting stuff regularly, which is painful. Even with a sd card its no use as what's app images, videos take up space which cannot be moved to the sd card.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Thanks for the quick reply

Only the 32 variant is available in the flat S7 and even in the sale. I'm using the 32gb redmi note 3 with an sd card and I'm comfortable with 32 gig internal so probably wouldn't be an issue.

Last edited by agambhandari : 17th September 2017 at 15:40.
Old 17th September 2017, 17:48   #26287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Took a look at the Lg v20? It's around 30k on Fk.
Old 17th September 2017, 17:52   #26288
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Took a look at the Lg v20? It's around 30k on Fk.
Thought about it, but too large and no water resistance and AMOLED screen.

Its USP is that brilliant DAC but i just bought one of the most expensive headphones, but they are bluetooth , so i'm not the right customer for that.
Old 17th September 2017, 18:25   #26289
BHPian

Quote:
I have been using the Galaxy S7 (non-edge) for over a year now. It is an excellent device.

I have written about it here as well:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post4238758

Last edited by spindoc : 17th September 2017 at 18:26.
Old 17th September 2017, 18:32   #26290
BHPian

Quote:
Its USP is that brilliant DAC but i just bought one of the most expensive headphones, but they are bluetooth , so i'm not the right customer for that.
Well some Bluetooth headphones do have an 3.5 inch input port, so if it's so in your case you could still connect it and enjoy the brilliance, eh?

By the way the G6 also comes with single DAC and is a pretty good phone with water resistance etc so you could have a look that way too. Just a couple of thousand more. For the price it is at, its the closest you can get to flagship level(almost) territory in the price segment.
Old 18th September 2017, 10:51   #26291
BHPian

You get what you paid for. Moto phones are bought because they are almost vanilla OS, plus regular OS updates are promised and kept. That doesn't seems to the case now. Moto G4, promised Android O, now promise has been updated silently. While going back on promise is nothing new in Android world (remember 1+), this happening with Motorola is a concern.
Old 18th September 2017, 17:29   #26292
BHPian

Quote:
The G6 is a better option over the V20. Couple of improvements, even the DAC sounds damn good. Lot of positives in favor of G6 and with the upcoming sale you might get it at a good rate.

Avoid the V20 - bulky, boot loop issues, issues with battery drain etc.

Picked up Bose QC35? Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless?
Old 18th September 2017, 18:16   #26293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
You get what you paid for. Moto phones are bought because they are almost vanilla OS, plus regular OS updates are promised and kept. That doesn't seems to the case now. Moto G4, promised Android O, now promise has been updated silently. While going back on promise is nothing new in Android world (remember 1+), this happening with Motorola is a concern.
The original promise of Moto has gone with the wind. Plus they have ridiculous policies. Case in Point, Moto X Play & Moto X Style. The Style was the flagship and the Play it's poor cousin.

However, the Play got VOLTE updates but Style was left out. Similalry Android N was rolled out much faster to Play before the Style received it's update.
Old 19th September 2017, 14:06   #26294
BHPian

Hi,Can anyone help me out with an issue with WHATSAPP in my wife's phone.What happens is that when i delete the chat all media viz the photographs get deleted from the whatsapp images in the gallery, related to that particular chat. I dont mind this happening, but when we receieve photos related to family, it matters. I uninstalled whatsapp and reinstalled, but no change, also un installed some task killer apps which were present in the phone.this is not happening on my phone.
Thanks in advance.
Old 19th September 2017, 16:08   #26295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
Hi,Can anyone help me out with an issue with WHATSAPP in my wife's phone.What happens is that when i delete the chat all media viz the photographs get deleted from the whatsapp images in the gallery, related to that particular chat. I dont mind this happening, but when we receieve photos related to family, it matters. I uninstalled whatsapp and reinstalled, but no change, also un installed some task killer apps which were present in the phone.this is not happening on my phone.
Thanks in advance.
Do not delete all chats together.

Open an individual chat, go to the three dots (settings - top right corner), select more, select "clear chat" and in the dialogue box which appears, de-select the option "delete media from phone".

The above will clear your selected chat and at the same time will not delete the media from your phone/gallery.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 19th September 2017 at 16:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks