Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2017, 12:43   #26326
BANNED

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
The price is mouthwatering, but having failed even the so called 960 fps camera of the XZ premium, I won't buy the U11 till I can get a demo.

Do you know someone who owns one? If yes, please connect me with them.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post4264910 is my thought process!
If you want the most reliable camera i.e the highest hitrate for"good" pictures, i would suggest the iPhones. It actually cranks up the ISO and uses a lot of denoising so that it can reduce the shutter speed. It's difficult to see anything wrong with the picture unless you see it on a big screen, and thus most people are happy with it (and rightly so, in this social media generation).

Pixel would be a close 3rd, right after the S7/S8 thanks to the OIS on it. And add to it the iPhone 7 has OIS too (6s doesn't, only the plus model does) and that eliminates the need for cranking the ISO too. I would highly suggest iPhone 7 if a super reliable and easy to use camera is your top priority.

And S7 if you would like to tinker around with the settings and have time to compose your shots.

P.S. Don't think I'm biased, I just ordered an S7
Old 21st September 2017, 13:13   #26327
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
And add to it the iPhone 7 has OIS too (6s doesn't, only the plus model does) and that eliminates the need for cranking the ISO too. I would highly suggest iPhone 7 if a super reliable and easy to use camera is your top priority.

And S7 if you would like to tinker around with the settings and have time to compose your shots.

P.S. Don't think I'm biased, I just ordered an S7
As an ex-S7 edge user and a current iPhone 7 user I would say the the former takes much better photos, and the low light photos were quite brilliant with the S7
Old 21st September 2017, 13:28   #26328
BHPian

I was robbed of my approx. 1 year old S7 a couple of days ago and am currently looking at the S7 on flipkart vs the OP5 on Amazon. There is a good exchange bonus of 3K on either phone and I am still undecided. My ownership experience with the S7 was great (specifically the amazing camera and fairly good audio dac with the exynos chipset), but the OP5's stock-ish experience, powerful hardware & larger storage are a big draw.
Old 21st September 2017, 14:41   #26329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
I was robbed of my approx. 1 year old S7 a couple of days ago and am currently looking at the S7 on flipkart vs the OP5 on Amazon. There is a good exchange bonus of 3K on either phone and I am still undecided. My ownership experience with the S7 was great (specifically the amazing camera and fairly good audio dac with the exynos chipset), but the OP5's stock-ish experience, powerful hardware & larger storage are a big draw.
LG g6 is at 34k on amazon and the v20 is at 28k. Good deals.
Old 21st September 2017, 15:33   #26330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
LG g6 is at 34k on amazon and the v20 is at 28k. Good deals.
Thanks for the tip. Will take a look. Saw the G6 but not the v20. The v20 seems to have amazing audio output but may be a tad too big for my liking, thanks to the larger screen and the traditional aspect ratio.
Old 21st September 2017, 16:41   #26331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the tip. Will take a look. Saw the G6 but not the v20. The v20 seems to have amazing audio output but may be a tad too big for my liking, thanks to the larger screen and the traditional aspect ratio.
Both the G6 and the V20 have the same quadDACs belting out amazing sound. The G6 would of course be recommended because of the display itself. 18:9 ratio thinner bezels and dolby vision with HDR. Not to mention it is water resistant as well.

I have the V20 and now am waiting for the V30 to be launched
Old 21st September 2017, 17:31   #26332
Senior - BHPian

G6 vs Honor 8 pro which one would be a better buy? Honor has higher memory and RAM while the G6 is water proof and looks very nice. I suppose we cant go wrong with both but what would be the choice of folks here?
Old 21st September 2017, 18:16   #26333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Operator bands/frequencies are different in the US and other countries. Better he buys a local phone or one with worldwide compatibility. A new ROM will probably not help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Happened to me too with the same phone 3Gb version. However my data was working fine, just that calls were not working. I managed with whatsapp calls and bought a Op5 later there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
I bought a Redmi Note 4x as a temporary phone but didn't get the 4g/LTE network on ATT. I managed to get the 3g on the phone though.
Sold it off and now got the Note8.

Modding the phone with other ROMs wont help since its a bandwidth issue. The only phone I know from the Xiaomi stables that is guaranteed to work in the US is the Mi MIX 2 and the Redmi note 3(global version).
Thanks guys, yes looks like another ROM won't help either. But I am using a Mi Max without any issues. And looks like the AT&T tech also told him that larger metros are supporting phones like mine - he lives in Des Moines.
Old 21st September 2017, 18:28   #26334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
... looks like the AT&T tech also told him that larger metros are supporting phones like mine - he lives in Des Moines.
I was in Chicago and that didn't help.
Old 21st September 2017, 18:40   #26335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
G6 vs Honor 8 pro which one would be a better buy? Honor has higher memory and RAM while the G6 is water proof and looks very nice. I suppose we cant go wrong with both but what would be the choice of folks here?
quadDAC, water proof, lovely display with thin bezels, dolby vision with hdr, smaller size even with same screen size, lighter in weight etc etc but with smaller battery and lower RAM.

G6 all the way

It's 2017. Bezels are no longer welcome in phones in the 30k+ category
Old 21st September 2017, 19:40   #26336
BHPian

Quote:
Both the G6 and the V20 have the same quadDACs belting out amazing sound. The G6 would of course be recommended because of the display itself. 18:9 ratio thinner bezels and dolby vision with HDR. Not to mention it is water resistant as well.
I read that the DAC on the v20 is considerably better than the one on the g6.

Quote:
I have the V20 and now am waiting for the V30 to be launched
Yup - looking at the initial reviews for the v30, I'd have likely gone for it if it were available and priced around 50k! I am considering getting a beater phone for now and waiting for the v30.

Last edited by spindoc : 21st September 2017 at 19:42.
Old 21st September 2017, 19:44   #26337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I read that the DAC on the v20 is considerably better than the one on the g6.

Yup - looking at the initial reviews for the v30, I'd have likely gone for it if priced around 50k!
It is the same as far as i know. The V30 has some additional features though.

Should be around 50k [hoping]. LG has some good phones with the v20 and the G6. Just not hitting the numbers.

If the v30 is priced at s8+ levels then people would mostly buy the s8+ even though the v30 would trump the s8+ in features.
Old 21st September 2017, 21:06   #26338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
quadDAC, water proof, lovely display with thin bezels, dolby vision with hdr, smaller size even with same screen size, lighter in weight etc etc but with smaller battery and lower RAM.

G6 all the way

It's 2017. Bezels are no longer welcome in phones in the 30k+ category
Thanks, it helps. How is the s/w? I hope its not as bloated as the Samsung ones, the last experience which I had was of Note 2 and it did not age very well. I don't mind not having regular updates but it should not be very bloated
Old 21st September 2017, 21:14   #26339
Senior - BHPian

Bloat is minimal. What is there, like fb insta and such can be disabled.
Old 21st September 2017, 22:20   #26340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
For OnePlus One, you must look for Qualcomm compliant fast charger with a cable that supports fastcharge. I am using the one from Aukey which comes bundled with the fast charging cable

This is the one that I had bought in 2015.
This continues to work flawlessly in the OnePlus One.
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

You can look for an upgraded one that supports fastcharge 3.0 for future proofing your phone upgrade.

PS: OnePlus 3/5 uses dash charge that is different from fast charge, so take that into account as well if required.
I ordered aukey 5 cable set (micro-usb) from here
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00UWRHNVA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_zUSFpRbnamvcX

It consists on one 2m, two 1m and two 0.3 cables.
The 1m and 0.3m cables seem to really quick charge my OPO on home charger as well as car mobile charger capable of 2.4A current.
The 2m cable seems bit slower than other two. The quality of cables is really good and worth the money spent.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks