Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2017, 07:40   #26236
Team-BHP Support

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
True. I'm mostly set on the S8 now.
The LG V30 maybe another good option to look at...
Old 8th September 2017, 07:52   #26237
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
I think that's a very good choice if you are looking for a small form factor. iphone se has a good processor, same a s 6s. it should perform well for a long time and iphones get longer support too.
Having used the SE for more then 6 months the phone is not sluggish at all and boasts of an excellent battery life. Form factor is a breeze for one handed usage although smaller screen is not great for typing and other media consumption.
Old 8th September 2017, 10:51   #26238
Senior - BHPian

Re: Night Mode display on K6 Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Is there a way to configure the 'night mode' to kick in automatically say between 7PM - 7AM on Lenovo K6 Power.

Now, I have to manually start and stop the same from the notifications draw down.

Please advise!!
You could try the "Twilight" app.
Old 8th September 2017, 11:38   #26239
BHPian

Quote:
Is there a way to configure the 'night mode' to kick in automatically say between 7PM - 7AM on Lenovo K6 Power.

Now, I have to manually start and stop the same from the notifications draw down.

Please advise!!
You could try using some automation apps like Tasker. Not sure if it will work but you can try.
Old 8th September 2017, 14:04   #26240
Senior - BHPian

I want to upgrade the OS on my Samsung S4 mini gt-i9192.

Running on stock now. Any ideas on which rom I should go for. And how do I go about it?
Old 8th September 2017, 16:30   #26241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I want to upgrade the OS on my Samsung S4 mini gt-i9192.
When you say upgrade, I guess you want the latest Android version on the phone. You will have to go the Custom ROM route by rooting phone. Many YouTube guides are available for rooting and upgrading the ROM.
Old 8th September 2017, 18:05   #26242
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Visiting this thread after a long time, need some help. Need to buy a phone for my Mom in the next 3 -4 days within a budget of 15-20k. She presently uses a Moto G or G II , not sure. Her requirements are mostly to take phone calls, whatsapp & facebook, decent battery life and nothing else. Screen size should be 5 inches or thereabouts.

I had been to Croma & had a look at Samsung Galaxy J5 prime for 14k, Oppo A57 for 15k & Oppo F3 for 20k (uncles owns this phone & is happy,my sister has asked me to buy this phone). Which among these should i buy? Are there any other better options? Would prefer to buy it from a store. Is there any Moto G phone which i can consider?
Old 8th September 2017, 18:27   #26243
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post

I had been to Croma & had a look at Samsung Galaxy J5 prime for 14k, Oppo A57 for 15k & Oppo F3 for 20k (uncles owns this phone & is happy,my sister has asked me to buy this phone). Which among these should i buy? Are there any other better options? Would prefer to buy it from a store. Is there any Moto G phone which i can consider?
Moto G5S+ or Xiaomi A1. The Xiaomi is stock android.
Old 8th September 2017, 20:17   #26244
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Moto G5S+ or Xiaomi A1. The Xiaomi is stock android.
I can't seem to find G5S+ in any Croma store.
All they have is G5S & G5+. Should i consider any of them?
Xiaomi A1 it seems from what i read will only be available in stores from middle of next week.
Is anything per se wrong with Oppo F3? My sister is literally forcing me to buy that phone because it has a selfie camera!
Old 8th September 2017, 20:40   #26245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Then there are other smaller things like Chromecast support etc that just work really well on a stock Android.
Speaking of Chromecast, my Chromecast Ultra is a pain to use with my Nexus 5X. I use only Youtube to stream, and it always requires quite a few tries before it starts streaming. Sometimes it just keeps showing that red screen and then I have to pull the plug of the Chromecast. On the other hand when I use my iPhone 5S, it connects almost immediately and works without any hiccups.
Old 8th September 2017, 21:02   #26246
BHPian

So I have a two year old oneplus 2 and have been facing a peculiar issue of late. My phone is not vibrating. I have all the settings turned on. Initially I thought it was a sort of OS issue. I am rooted and I tried a variety of ROMs with clean flash (lineage OS, carbon rom, rr,) but am facing an issue in all of them. Could the issue be with a fried vibration motor? Is there anything else I can check before going to the service center. I also tried a few apps that force vibration of the phone but the phone just won't vibrate..
Old 8th September 2017, 22:09   #26247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
Could the issue be with a fried vibration motor? Is there anything else I can check before going to the service center. I also tried a few apps that force vibration of the phone but the phone just won't vibrate..
It is a hardware issue for sure since it is not working even after checking with various software. You can take it to the service center for replacement.
Old 9th September 2017, 00:17   #26248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
You could try the "Twilight" app.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
You could try using some automation apps like Tasker. Not sure if it will work but you can try.
Thank You!

I shall try these out. My thoughts were, this would have been built-in the Android OS.
Old 9th September 2017, 07:17   #26249
BHPian

Quote:

Please advise!!
Do you mean 'Do not disturb' option? This should be there in settings, mostly under sounds/vibration.
Old 9th September 2017, 10:43   #26250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
Do you mean 'Do not disturb' option? This should be there in settings, mostly under sounds/vibration.
I meant, the display light changing to warmer colors in the evening.

Could this feature be automated to kick on its own at 7 in the evening and switch modes back at 7 in the morning?

Most Viewed