Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2014, 19:45   #18736
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetsng View Post
Boss, this could be a marketing gimmick to develop interest of buyers towards the brand. Flipkart hand in hand with Xiaomi. We can't rule out this. This is even worse than irctc

No proof. just my thought.
This whole sales gimmick is just a nonsense. Wait three months and then, if the phone is not available for ordinary purchase, then the manufacturers are clearly not worth buying from anyway. Another advantage of that is that there will be better information about how many are getting returned.

First-Day-Buying-Hype: just say no!
Old 5th August 2014, 22:02   #18737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Well, I use torque pro regularly. But have not yet seen this gear pid anywhere. Let me try this app and see if it really works.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1927504 - this is an interesting thread I found at xda. People using tasker and torque pro to automate tasks depending on the data from obd, maybe it can give you some leads. ATB!

I will try that combo. I remember that torque has an option of defining pids.
Old 5th August 2014, 23:02   #18738
BHPian

I just do not understand one thing - how can someone sell all its stock (however small it may be in number) in 5 seconds? On what basis are they calculating it? How can people place an order so quickly? Am I missing something?
Old 6th August 2014, 09:27   #18739
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
I just do not understand one thing - how can someone sell all its stock (however small it may be in number) in 5 seconds? On what basis are they calculating it? How can people place an order so quickly? Am I missing something?
It seems the company takes pride is such things. If you follow them in the news space, they frequently make similar headlines everywhere they operate.

5 seconds might be all it takes for a 1000 folks sitting glued to their screens to add the 1000 phones to their carts. Once in the cart, my guess is, flipkart starts showing these as out of stock while people may still be in the process of completing the payment.

Also, from what I have seen, doesn't really take more than 8-10 seconds to place a c-o-d order. Are they allowing c-o-d for mi3?
Old 6th August 2014, 10:13   #18740
Senior - BHPian

Well, I had the same issue yesterday. MI3 showed out of stock on flipkart in under a second and I've decided to not register for the next sale at 12th.

Does flipkart think this is all a game?

I was also considering the Asus Zenfone 5, will research a bit more and buy.

I heard from some here that the Intel Atom processor is not all that great but also got a fairly good review from member JustCause (link). Could anyone provide more information so that i can seal the purchase in a day or so?
Old 6th August 2014, 10:16   #18741
BHPian

Quote:
It seems the company takes pride is such things. If you follow them in the news space, they frequently make similar headlines everywhere they operate.

5 seconds might be all it takes for a 1000 folks sitting glued to their screens to add the 1000 phones to their carts. Once in the cart, my guess is, flipkart starts showing these as out of stock while people may still be in the process of completing the payment.

Also, from what I have seen, doesn't really take more than 8-10 seconds to place a c-o-d order. Are they allowing c-o-d for mi3?
I have ordered an MI3 for myself and it will be delivered today. I guess a fast internet connection is a must to order the MI3. I partially agree that it is a marketing gimmick and is building the brand consciousness of both Flipkart and Xiaomi, but we have to agree that this phone has garnered quite a bit of popularity and is no doubt in demand. The Flipkart site was down for about an hour till it got back to normal.

Yes, once it's added to cart, others will get the "Out of stock" message. I had time till tonight (about 30 hours since adding to my cart) to complete my payment and I could choose COD also.
Old 6th August 2014, 12:10   #18742
BHPian

Thanks GJ01.Installed it. Working fine.
Another query. The app GPS Test which I installed recently,has suddenly stopped working on my phone. As such installed AndroiTS GPS Test,and it has also stopped. Any idea why? Any settings issiue?

Last edited by virgopal : 6th August 2014 at 12:10. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 6th August 2014, 12:24   #18743
BHPian

Mi3 going out of sale in seconds is not entirely done by Flipkart. This is the way Xiaomi does the sale. And in their forum or in FB page they mentioned that they do it not only to generate some awareness or you can say hype (as their marketing only based on online and social networking sites) but also it helps them not to keep any inventory pending, they manufacture the handsets and sell off immediately without adding any inventory cost to it, thus saving some money of end users as well them.
Old 6th August 2014, 14:41   #18744
BHPian

I need help from some Andriod Gurus here. I have been using an SGS2 running on 4.1.2 for a few years. Just yesterday it decided to not show any email notifications. I get sms notifications, but no email notifications. Everything checked in the email settings (individual account and general) and Sync is enabled in the drop down menu.

Recently had to upgrade Whatsapp and had run out of space, so ran *#9900# and deleted the dumpstate/logcat (I read that in some forum) and I retrieved about 950mb. But I am not sure if that has affected the email notifications as a consequence.

Any tips?

P
Old 6th August 2014, 14:56   #18745
Senior - BHPian

Any app for Payment reminders like Insurance Premium due reminders?
Old 6th August 2014, 15:13   #18746
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Umm, why not simply add them in the google calender? If you want, you can even create a dedicated calender for payment related reminders.
Old 6th August 2014, 15:20   #18747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Umm, why not simply add them in the google calender? If you want, you can even create a dedicated calender for payment related reminders.
With around 6 - 7 Insurance policies and multiple premiums in a year, adding them to Google Calander will be tedious!

Am sure some app will be there, unable to search & locate it in Google Play.
Old 6th August 2014, 15:24   #18748
BHPian

Quote:
Why cant you use your calendar in your phone?
Old 6th August 2014, 16:08   #18749
BHPian

Quote:
With around 6 - 7 Insurance policies and multiple premiums in a year, adding them to Google Calander will be tedious!

Motor, LIC and other insurance automatically send reminder via mail one month in advance. Do you need additional reminder? If you have email configured to phone, just enough. In case if each insurance has its own email, then it may be tedious.
Old 6th August 2014, 16:26   #18750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You need to add the payment schedule to some app - why not the calendar app? What am I missing? You're looking for an reminder app that auto logins to multiple insurance providers and provides you accurate reminders?

Most Viewed