Old 12th August 2014, 17:49   #18811
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGM View Post
Not working for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
"Out of stock" message. If you do end up with the phone, please reserve it for me.

@Raguholla - why remove it from the cart?
I assume you guys did it after you logged in to your account! Not just clicked above link from here!

If so, I am sorry!

@n_aditya: I didn't remove it, but my wife and her colleagues did! Because they didn't have others who needed it! Its just my wife needed badly a phone, asked her Army for reserving a phone for it! And most got it in cart only not to buy it!

Between, I get this message if I wait for few min.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-new_message_mi3.jpg

Further: If in-case order is successful, do you guys need it. PM me. Because I don't want to end up with two phones!

Last edited by RaguHolla : 12th August 2014 at 17:52.
Old 12th August 2014, 17:50   #18812
Senior - BHPian

http://www.xiaomiworld.com/ was found to be fake and there is a thread for it in miui forums.

http://en.miui.com/thread-10403-1-1.html

congratulations to naveen and raghu who got the phone. I did not get it today as well. Next time i will try firefox.

Last edited by govigov : 12th August 2014 at 17:52.
Old 12th August 2014, 18:18   #18813
BHPian

I am in China and picked up a Xiaomi Powerbank for 68RMB and The top of the line piston headphones for 99RMB. They are so well made. Review soon.
Old 12th August 2014, 18:37   #18814
Senior - BHPian

Reading few comments was really amusing. XIOMI has done an apple

Any news on Mi4 release date in India? I am waiting for it to replace my N4.
Old 12th August 2014, 18:43   #18815
Senior - BHPian

Guys, today i completed the second Mi3 purchase.

It was done for a colleague by logging in with his flipkart account. He had already registered for today's sale a few days back.

I logged in around 5 mins before the start of the sale and clicked "buy now" immediately at the start. After a few seconds if got added to the cart and purchase was completed.

From my past two Mi3 purchases, my suggestion is to use Firefox with latest java & flash plugin installed and really really fast internet connection. The internet at my workplace is around 4mbps. The purchase got completed without any fuss.
Old 12th August 2014, 18:48   #18816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
I assume you guys did it after you logged in to your account! Not just clicked above link from here!

Further: If in-case order is successful, do you guys need it. PM me. Because I don't want to end up with two phones!
I logged in and tried adding, no joy. :(

Anyway, if you do end up with 2 phones, please keep one for me. I see you are in Blore and I can pick it up from you later this week if all goes well.

Edit - I am also trying to register for the next sale on 19th but it keeps telling me I'm already registered for today's sale (Aug 12th).

Last edited by n_aditya : 12th August 2014 at 18:53.
Old 12th August 2014, 18:56   #18817
Senior - BHPian

Guys, which is the lightest and fastest rom I can install on Samsung galaxy S Duos 2 (S7582) ? No need of fancy widgets, home screen or any eye candy - primary aim is to make the phone faster.

--Anoop
Old 12th August 2014, 19:47   #18818
BHPian

Quote:
Anyway, if you do end up with 2 phones, please keep one for me. I see you are in Blore and I can pick it up from you later this week if all goes well.
I couldn't add another. It may be either false positive (provision for not crashing the site instead It just says comeback after 15min), or It may be because the 15 min it stated also moved time to 6pm, after which it showed me register for 19th Sale, no more sale was possible. If you want help in getting for next sale, I can register for 19th sale and try luck again.

As of now like you I also can't register!

The first thing I will do after getting phone tomorrow is update it to MIUI 5. The current shipped version is 4. I am also awaiting version 6 to be released in two days!

Last edited by RaguHolla : 12th August 2014 at 19:56.
Old 12th August 2014, 19:58   #18819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you want help in getting for next sale, I can register for 19th sale and try luck again.
Thanks for offering to help.

I will try registering again for the 19th too.

Please do try for me on the 19th as well.

If we both get lucky with the phones, we can still sync up, as payment can be made on the site later on too, correct? IMO, what happens first is adding to cart, and payment can be made a few hours later too.

Please PM me your contact no. if you don't mind.
Old 13th August 2014, 09:41   #18820
BHPian

Quote:
The first thing I will do after getting phone tomorrow is update it to MIUI 5. The current shipped version is 4. I am also awaiting version 6 to be released in two days!
Sir,

Can you kindly let me know how to update to MIUI 5. Being a mech guy, not sure how to do it. Will receive the same tomorrow.

On another note, need guidance on few things.

1. Which is the best flip cover for MI3 ? And the Screen Guard ?
2. Is there any ANDRIOD app to transfer my Nokia C3 Contacts to MI3 ?

Appreciate your help
Old 13th August 2014, 13:08   #18821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Sir,
No, I am not. Not yet reached there.
Quote:
Can you kindly let me know how to update to MIUI 5. Being a mech guy, not sure how to do it. Will receive the same tomorrow.
You have two option.
Option1: Unoffcial 4.8.8 ROM from http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/4-8-8.25262/ .
You should down load one for WCDMA phone, which is Link
This is Un-official because they added language pack.

Option 2: Get Latest directly from MIUI here.
ROM here for WCDMA is one version behind. Download WCDMA India version. There are few things has been optimized in later version, nothing deal breaking though.

How to do it, above two will give you step by step Guide. You should follow the same. If it too Geek to you do not do it! You can try OTA in phone (System -> check updates), should get if anything available.

Quote:
1. Which is the best flip cover for MI3 ? And the Screen Guard ?
Not a fan of Flip Cover. But always used Screen Guard for all phone in family. I always buy from Gadget Shield. They are simply best. One I am using for Nexus S since 2010 Dec, has passed/survived many test. Such as Key in Pocket with phone, Fallen on rough surface, Fall on Granite/hard surface (4ft), Chewing test by my son, soaked in rain. They sell all round protection, which helps in absorbing shock (little!) in case of accidents.

However screen guards from Gadget Shield are expensive compared to others you get it in shops or e-bay!

You can buy one for Mi 3 here. If you are keeping phone for long like me, then it is worth it go for best.

Quote:
2. Is there any ANDRIOD app to transfer my Nokia C3 Contacts to MI3 ?
You can simply export all contacts to vcf format, transfer the file using bluetooth and just import it in Mi 3. Or you can directly sync with your gmail account in C3 as in this link, link your google account in Mi3.

Quote:
Appreciate your help
You are welcome!

Last edited by RaguHolla : 13th August 2014 at 13:14.
Old 13th August 2014, 15:55   #18822
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Guys, which is the lightest and fastest rom I can install on Samsung galaxy S Duos 2 (S7582) ? No need of fancy widgets, home screen or any eye candy - primary aim is to make the phone faster.

--Anoop
If it's just speed you are after, try rooting first. Remove all the bloatware, turn off animations in the developer options, clear up internal space.

No idea about a particular rom, nothing found on xda?
Old 13th August 2014, 16:07   #18823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
If it's just speed you are after, try rooting first. Remove all the bloatware, turn off animations in the developer options, clear up internal space.

No idea about a particular rom, nothing found on xda?
Did all that already - rooted on the first day, greenefied and cleaned up all bloatware, and have not installed nothing but absolutely necessary softwares (VLC, WhatsApp, FB and Chrome).

--Anoop
Old 13th August 2014, 16:11   #18824
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Did all that already - rooted on the first day, greenefied and cleaned up all bloatware, and have not installed nothing but absolutely necessary softwares (VLC, WhatsApp, FB and Chrome).

--Anoop
FB and Chrome are huge apps if you have a low internal memory. I have a habit of using a browser (UC or Dolphin) for FB/Twitter needs from my Galaxy Ace days.

Search on xda is all I can say then since you have tried everything else already.
Old 13th August 2014, 16:37   #18825
BHPian

Quote:
I logged in and tried adding, no joy. :(

Hello Sir. Even I am planning to purchase the phone this 19th if I get lucky.

However, I was reading the user's reviews on gsmarena.com and they weren't quite confidence inspiring. I'd like to know, how is the phone overall? have you seen it 1st hand? How is the build quality and the performance? Is it worth it? Or the phone isn't upto the mark as the hype is created around it?

Thank You in advance.

-Bhargav

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks