Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2014, 10:31   #18961
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
What about the news that MI3 sends information to Chinese Servers? Was it True or just Rumour?

EDIT: - Screen Size could be 4-4.5"
Please help me decide at the earliest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Best specification for the price would be the to be launched today Xiaomi Redmi 1S. But since the MI3 does not come with expandable memory, I assume this would also not have it.

No Bloatware phone + decent specification + expandable memory would be the Moto E.

Third option will be the Zenfone A450CG (open for pre-order on FK). Battery life under heavy use is an open. But should serve your purpose well.

These are pretty much the phones in the 6-8K range today with excellent specifications for the price.
As per the latest specifications released for Redmi 1S, it comes with internal storage of 8GB + expandable micro SD memory upto 32 GB. SO would be a much superior choice compared to Moto E. Screen size is 4.7, which may be a bit more bulky than Moto E
Old 26th August 2014, 12:44   #18962
Senior - BHPian

As per rumours, redmi 1s is going on sale from today 6pm. So which one I should final - Mi3 or Redmi 1s. I have one hour to decide as Mi3 sales kicks off from 2pm.

EDIT - Confirm launched
http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news...ontinue-581810

Last edited by bluevolt : 26th August 2014 at 12:45.
Old 26th August 2014, 13:38   #18963
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Very interesting product. But I'm concerned about the glue used. Any comments on that? Are the feet easily removable if required, without damaging the paint/surface of the back plate?
Sorry, can't comment on that. Neither of the feet have fallen off in 1 + year of use, and I haven't tried removing them either

It also helps that the S3 back cover is removable and interchangeable, so I can always get a new one for cheap. I'd be careful using this on a glass-back or unibody design phone though.

P.S. It's dirt cheap, so you can probably buy two sets and experiment on a surface other than an expensive phone (but similar to it) to allay your concerns beforehand.
Old 26th August 2014, 13:50   #18964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi
What about the news that MI3 sends information to Chinese Servers? Was it True or just Rumour?
Can anyone put more light on the above?
Then I can decide whether to for Redmi 1S or not.

How is the Battery Backup in case of Asus Zenfone 4 A400CG as Battery is of 1600mah only? My brother told me that it should be good as Intel Processors are energy efficient and it is dual core as against other quad core phones.
Old 26th August 2014, 14:05   #18965
Senior - BHPian

Now this Xiamomi Mi3 sale is seriously a joke. Has a 4MBPS internet connection, sitting since two hours with two computers on my desk. Clicking relentlessly on countdown counter since last five minutes and I didn't even get the chance to see buy now button. Out of stock!

This is just frustrating. This kind of selling and marketing strategy won't work here.

Guys I am in urgent need of a new phone please suggest me one, budget upto 25k. Value for money preferred.
Old 26th August 2014, 14:09   #18966
Distinguished - BHPian

Got it!
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-mi3.png

Was trying just for the kicks of it. Now to see if I should replace my 2 year old G-Nex or not. Will come back and post in case I decide to let it go to someone else.

Btw, I logged in at 1:58 and refreshed once when the counter said 3 seconds to go - clicked on "buy now" and there it was - in the cart. Oh and I used Chrome.
Old 26th August 2014, 14:24   #18967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Can anyone put more light on the above?
Yes initially I was worried about this. Hugo himself cleared stating that its only a free cloud service given to the customers. But it was enabled by default in the previous firmware versions and assured that it will be disabled by default.

In addition, after rooting, I removed all the chinese apps and other default utilities and games including the miCloud app and its associated service files from the ROM.
Old 26th August 2014, 14:27   #18968
BHPian

Got it too..

Will be letting it go in all likelihood as I was shopping for a friend and he too got 1. Let me know if anybody from Hyderabad wants it, else will empty my cart.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-mi3.png  

Old 26th August 2014, 14:30   #18969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Got it!
Attachment 1278793

Was trying just for the kicks of it. Now to see if I should replace my 2 year old G-Nex or not. Will come back and post in case I decide to let it go to someone else.

Btw, I logged in at 1:58 and refreshed once when the counter said 3 seconds to go - clicked on "buy now" and there it was - in the cart. Oh and I used Chrome.

Let me know if you don't want it
Old 26th August 2014, 14:37   #18970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
As per rumours, redmi 1s is going on sale from today 6pm. So which one I should final - Mi3 or Redmi 1s. I have one hour to decide as Mi3 sales kicks off from 2pm.
The latest news is that Redmi 1S will go on sale for Rs 5999 (1k less) on September 2nd

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/xiaomi-re...494395-11.html

And better luck next time
Old 26th August 2014, 14:39   #18971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikatmandal04 View Post
Will be letting it go in all likelihood as I was shopping for a friend and he too got 1. Let me know if anybody from Hyderabad wants it, else will empty my cart.
You may want to ship it to any team-bhpian.

Just check the PINCODE if the area is served.

Many people have lost it in the queue.

Bluevolt was looking for one
Old 26th August 2014, 14:50   #18972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I'd suggest you read Xiaomi's story and then comment (it is fondly called the Apple of China, by the way)......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Micromax over Xiaomi? Really? That is the business model of Xiaomi, top specs at budget $$. Check how many phones currently in the market offer a Snapdragon 800 and at what prices......
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
My dear friend you clearly need to Google on this company......
Dear nishantgandhi and Dry Ice.
Quoting the below two posts of myavu and DCElite with the Links, in response to the above posts of yours.

Not arguing. Agreed, you folks have purchased the best phone, but just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Xiaomi allegedly sending your info to Chinese servers
RedMi Note was caught red-handed sending private user info to a Chinese server.
Read more here: http://blog.gsmarena.com/xiaomi-secr...inese-servers/
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
There you go, after all the hype and drama and waiting periods, now complaints on horrible quality of Xiaomi Mi3:
http://www.androidorigin.com/xiaomi-...oduct-quality/
Old 26th August 2014, 14:51   #18973
BHPian

I was able to buy the Mi3 yet again

Was doing it for a friend of mine. Now I have been using my Mi3 since yesterday and I find the battery bit weak as opposed to what the reviews have to say (this might be due to the constant downloads I have been doing). Or it might be that the battery will have its full potential unlocked in a few charge cycles (I might be very wrong in this theory, it is just wishful thinking).

@bluevolt Like the 1st time even this time I had logged in with two accounts on two different machines, 1 laptop and other desktop. While buying for me I got it in one account and the other account got the "You have not registered" error. So this time I was hoping that the error won't occur and I will be able to get 2 phones; keeping 1 for any of the BHP'ians, but even this time 1 of the accounts got that error, so could buy only one.

-Bhargav
Old 26th August 2014, 14:53   #18974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
You may want to ship it to any team-bhpian.
Yes. That is the whole idea. But as of now he wants me to hold it for him till he decides to have both or just one. Will update here once he decides on its fate and pass it on here.

cheers!
Old 26th August 2014, 15:02   #18975
Senior - BHPian

Almost finalizing HTC Desire 816, any reviews about the same?

Most Viewed