Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2014, 19:52   #19111
BHPian

Recently upgraded to Moto G from my 2+ year old Defy+. Loving the new phone!

But my issue is with my old Defy. I had put a password for the Moto Blur thing at purchase, which I never had to use in my 2+ years of ownership. Now that I've changed my Sim, the phone is asking for the Moto Blur password, which I cant seem o recollect! Do I have a way out? Thought of factory reset, but the phone says it'll ask me for the password once the reset is done!

Help!!
Old 5th September 2014, 19:54   #19112
JLS
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Any idea what will be the price for Moto X+1.
If good pricing(less than the current Moto X) I will be interested.

Between Moto G2 and Moto X+1, later has better resolution, better camera and 2 GB RAM. Screen size is almost same.
I can live with 8 MP camera and 1200X780 resolution of Moto G2, but need 2 GB RAM.

Lets see how much premium Motorola will ask for these additional features over 12999, which is really a mouth watering price for Moto G2.

Regards,
JLS
Old 5th September 2014, 20:15   #19113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
Between Moto G2 and Moto X+1, later has better resolution, better camera and 2 GB RAM. Screen size is almost same.
Moto X+1 also has got optical zoom according to the info available so far, the back side images also convey the same, its not a common feature. Also a curved display (they are calling it 3D display). Also not that this time the over design of the body and the back cover has become much more smarter and elegant. Now the wooden covers look way better on the X .Now it has become a kind of lifestyle gadget unlike the previous monotonous kind of design.

Also check the website : http://www.motorola.in/

Moto G2 is priced little less compared to the previous G but the differences are not that much which the new X has got. Still I feel it will be priced near to the ongoing X if not any less and its worth at that price point.

Moto G has got stereo speakers, not many phones come with stereo speakers and once you get used to stereo sound form the phone itself, you just can't live with the Mono sound. I have had a Nokia 5800 which had stereo speakers and I still can't forget that experience, especially swathing videos, playing games etc becomes wonderful experience. I almost left playing games, music, videos etc on my new phone which I bought after retiring that 5800.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-motohpxcarouselcard1mobilex2sefru44ghn6rm37bsnyaoxc3fsi0d27qh8sg3f378i3ay91.jpg

Brilliance is back in more style How I wish I would have also been in the market for a new phone but unfortunatly my 2+ year old Moto is refusing to get retired, its got more life with the Kitkat roms and I am loving it. I am holding the upgrade till Android L launch.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 5th September 2014 at 20:36.
Old 5th September 2014, 21:16   #19114
JLS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Moto X+1 also has got optical zoom according to the info available so far, the back side images also convey the same, its not a common feature. Also a curved display (they are calling it 3D display). Also not that this time the over design of the body and the back cover has become much more smarter and elegant. Now the wooden covers look way better on the X .Now it has become a kind of lifestyle gadget unlike the previous monotonous kind of design.
I went thru the specs at motorola.in site. It does not state anything about optical zoom. it would have been really interesting to see how they have incorporated optical zoom in 9mm thick phone.
I guess optical zoom was part of rumours but after actual launch it has gone. I even looked up the hands on preview on http://bgr.com/2014/09/05/moto-x-review-pt-1-hands-on/ . This preview also does not mention optical zoom.
Also the battery at 2300 mAH is slightly disappointing, and I believe that it may not last full day with full HD display.

Also, it may not have micro SD card slot as per specs given.

There are some interesting features like turbo charging, aluminium frame, ring flash. Lets see how they price it.

As of now, I believe Moto G has a killer price, it has almost all the features of earlier MotoX at 13K rupees.
Regards,
JLS
Old 5th September 2014, 21:26   #19115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
I guess optical zoom was part of rumours but after actual launch it has gone. I even looked up the hands on preview on http://bgr.com/2014/09/05/moto-x-review-pt-1-hands-on/ . This preview also does not mention optical zoom.
Hmm...! Looks like the speculators guessed the outer ring visible in the leak pictures as some mechanical part for the optical zoom whereas it looks like the flash light ring in the clear pictures available now. Wish something with such small optical zoom was available but whatever options are available have too big of mechanical parts.

Anyways I read a feature in the link posted by you which mentions about intelligent antenna, its really a nice feature.
Old 6th September 2014, 10:59   #19116
Senior - BHPian

Moto G 2nd Generation is up for grabs on Flipkart with exciting offers (especially the 100% cashback for selected 100 buyers )

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-moto-g-2nd-gen.jpg
Old 7th September 2014, 16:03   #19117
BHPian

Guys I'm planning to buy a phone for wife with budget around 10-12K. Out of Moto G gen2 and Asus Zenphone 5, which is better overall phone.?

I know spec wise Zenphone looks better but what about their "real world" performance.

And what about Xaomi Mi3,is it in same league with Karbon,Micrmax or is better?
Old 7th September 2014, 17:17   #19118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
Much much better.

Source: Owner of MMX A90S and A116HD.
Old 7th September 2014, 20:40   #19119
BHPian

Quote:
Guys I'm planning to buy a phone for wife with budget around 10-12K. Out of Moto G gen2 and Asus Zenphone 5, which is better overall phone.?

I know spec wise Zenphone looks better but what about their "real world" performance.

I've been using zenfone 5 for almost 3 weeks now and it's a really good device. It is butter smooth, It can run all games I can throw at it smoothly. The only issue I can think of is the battery life which is lower than others in this segment. Other than the battery issue there are no problems with it. I've also used the old moto g for several months and found the zenfone to be a much better package. The new moto g is significantly improved with better camera, options for SD card and bigger screen. Both are good devices, you can choose anyone.
Old 7th September 2014, 21:47   #19120
BHPian

Thanks to both of you for your expert opinion. So I would be either Mi3 or Zenphone and will buy when either of these becomes available, preferably Mi3 which is at least 2-3 yrs future proof spec wise for not a heavy user.
Old 7th September 2014, 21:59   #19121
BHPian

Quote:
preferably Mi3 which is at least 2-3 yrs future proof spec wise for not a heavy user.
Either everything available in this range is future proof or almost nothing since the upcoming time is for 64bit devices as soon as next Nexus arrives with Android L. Next year we will start seeing devices having 4GB RAM and it will become standard by the 2015 end. Then there will be 64 bit apps which may not be compatible with 32 bit.
Old 7th September 2014, 22:08   #19122
BANNED

Sony xperia ZR users, anybody facing wifi, Bluetooth or Nfc issues? My wifi died, and Bluetooth is dead long back. Several people seem to have the same issue and only solution seems to be replacing the handset.

Any experience with this issues?
Old 7th September 2014, 23:08   #19123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Sony xperia ZR users, anybody facing wifi, Bluetooth or Nfc issues? My wifi died, and Bluetooth is dead long back. Several people seem to have the same issue and only solution seems to be replacing the handset.

Any experience with this issues?
I had the same issues (with Bluetooth dying) and later wifi dying on the replacement device. It's a hardware issue and after three replacements, I got my money back and bought the LG g2. The ZR does have issues that aren't solvable (and some handsets are not waterproof either). If it's still in the warranty period, push for a replacement.
Old 8th September 2014, 09:07   #19124
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to both of you for your expert opinion. So I would be either Mi3 or Zenphone and will buy when either of these becomes available, preferably Mi3 which is at least 2-3 yrs future proof spec wise for not a heavy user.
It's not clear if Mi3 is coming back in stock soon, maybe they want to sell more of Redmi or even introduce Mi4 at a later stage.

Make a call depending on how soon you want the new phone
Old 8th September 2014, 15:52   #19125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For the Zenfone, it would be good to check the Facebook Page Asus Zenfone 5 India on a regular basis. They have the info on when the product is getting available and are fairly accurate. Do not expect Flipkart to Notify you when it comes into stock.

As per a comment there, it should be back in stock on Sep 11.

Most Viewed