Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2012, 04:33   #11611
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Shopoholic... just had to find something amongst the completely unwanted games. Bought Office Suite Pro 6 and Tasks.
They have 'World of Goo' on sale today. If you haven't bought it yet, it is worth the buy. I bought it when it was selling for 0.49$ .
Old 28th September 2012, 07:46   #11612
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter

They have 'World of Goo' on sale today. If you haven't bought it yet, it is worth the buy. I bought it when it was selling for 0.49$ .
Loved that game on PC, one of the best logic and creativity oriented games. If you have installed on your mobile, just how much resources does it need. Even the Alarm Twist and Paper Camera apps are good buys available for sale.
Old 28th September 2012, 09:28   #11613
Distinguished - BHPian

A question,if I use 2 different Android phone sets,can I use the same account for both the phones?I'm using Samsung Galaxy S2.I plan to take a dual sim Android phone to replace my Nokia5800 and CDMA Tata Indicom.Can you guys also suggest me an affordable GSM/CDMA dual sim phone with a good battery backup?It'll be nice if someone can tell me about a battery upgrade for my SGS2?

Last edited by BoneCollector : 28th September 2012 at 09:37.
Old 28th September 2012, 09:32   #11614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
A question,if I use 2 different Android phone sets,can I use the same account for both the phones?I'm using Samsung Galaxy S2.I plan to take a dual aim Android phone to replace my Nokia5800 and CDMA Tata Indicom.Can you guys also suggest me an affordable GSM/CDMA dual sim phone with a good battery backup?It'll be nice if someone can tell me about a battery upgrade for my SGS2?
Yes, you can add as many devices to your account. I have 3 in mine So go ahead
Old 28th September 2012, 11:33   #11615
BANNED

Samsung S3 CDMA OTA is having problems. See http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/34.../page__st__135

Surprisingly both major complaints are from the Udupi area - one of whom happens to be my son.
Old 28th September 2012, 13:05   #11616
BHPian

Finally a music dock for the Android... Has anybody tried the Philips Fidelio?

http://www.flipkart.com/philips-as11...8-0fca21b2e508

Any feedback?
Old 28th September 2012, 14:01   #11617
Senior - BHPian

I have given up on the Wifi Issue on the Nexus. I did a Phone Reset and also a Router Reset however the issue still persists. It connects well on the first time i switch on the router and wifi. Yesterday night, i could remain connected for like 30 minutes when i was downloading the apps again but today morn same issue, after 10 minutes or so i logged onto FB and then let the phone be as it is. After 5 minutes, i could see that phone is again going into the loop of connecting, obtaining IP Address etc.

I have tried setting up IP Address, using Wifi Fixer etc. Nothing Works. I am surprised how this can happen with phone that has got such excellent reviews.
Old 28th September 2012, 14:05   #11618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
I have given up on the Wifi Issue on the Nexus. I did a Phone Reset and also a Router Reset however the issue still persists. It connects well on the first time i switch on the router and wifi. Yesterday night, i could remain connected for like 30 minutes when i was downloading the apps again but today morn same issue, after 10 minutes or so i logged onto FB and then let the phone be as it is. After 5 minutes, i could see that phone is again going into the loop of connecting, obtaining IP Address etc.

I have tried setting up IP Address, using Wifi Fixer etc. Nothing Works. I am surprised how this can happen with phone that has got such excellent reviews.
Have you tried with a different router? Also, try manually setting wifi mode (b,g,n) and manually setting channels also.
Old 28th September 2012, 14:24   #11619
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
A question,if I use 2 different Android phone sets,can I use the same account for both the phones?I'm using Samsung Galaxy S2.I plan to take a dual sim Android phone to replace my Nokia5800 and CDMA Tata Indicom.Can you guys also suggest me an affordable GSM/CDMA dual sim phone with a good battery backup?It'll be nice if someone can tell me about a battery upgrade for my SGS2?
There is a Samsung original 2000 mAh battery kit available for the Samsung S2, with a replacement back cover to conceal the bigger battery. With this battery, the life improves by around 30% vs the standard battery.
This is where I got mine from:
http://in.mobilefun.com/32391-genuin...b-k1a2eweg.htm
(this is from a UK website, but they ship to India too).

In fact you can get the maximum range of accessories from them, even ones that are not available in India. Recently I ordered (already received) a Vehicle dock for my Galaxy Tab 7.7 , which was not available anywhere in India.

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 28th September 2012 at 14:25.
Old 28th September 2012, 14:34   #11620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici

Does this happen after you leave the phone idle, after the screen locks itself?
Old 28th September 2012, 14:42   #11621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Does this happen after you leave the phone idle, after the screen locks itself?
Yes, it happens when i leave the phone idle. Today morning also i just started the FB page and left it. In hardly a couple of minutes the connection gave up. However yesterday night i was downloading angry birds and the phone was left idle and the screen locked itself but the connection was ok and it was still downloading.

I think the moment the data movement stops for sometime, it gets disconnected. Dont really know what and why this is happening.
Old 28th September 2012, 16:26   #11622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici

Yes, it happens when i leave the phone idle. Today morning also i just started the FB page and left it. In hardly a couple of minutes the connection gave up. However yesterday night i was downloading angry birds and the phone was left idle and the screen locked itself but the connection was ok and it was still downloading.

I think the moment the data movement stops for sometime, it gets disconnected. Dont really know what and why this is happening.
Does the phone reconnect immediately when you press retry on the fb app? If yes i don't think you should be too worried. If it disconnects when the network is strong and in the middle of surfing then you may have an issue with the router itself. As another member suggested try changing to a newer router and see
Old 28th September 2012, 17:07   #11623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthdeb View Post
Does the phone reconnect immediately when you press retry on the fb app? If yes i don't think you should be too worried. If it disconnects when the network is strong and in the middle of surfing then you may have an issue with the router itself. As another member suggested try changing to a newer router and see
When i tap on Retry on FB or the google play, it doesnt connect. The entire connection is lost. Then i have to switch off and on my router and the wifi on the phone as well and then i can connect but again only for a few minutes.

I am trying to see if any other option is available. Most options out there suggest rooting which i want to avoid on a new phone.
Old 28th September 2012, 17:11   #11624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
When i tap on Retry on FB or the google play, it doesnt connect. The entire connection is lost. Then i have to switch off and on my router and the wifi on the phone as well and then i can connect but again only for a few minutes.

I am trying to see if any other option is available. Most options out there suggest rooting which i want to avoid on a new phone.
I read above in one of the posts that the JB update solved this. Since you are unable to download it through wifi, activate a 3G plan, or borrow a friends sim, download the update and see it it solves the problem.
Old 28th September 2012, 17:39   #11625
BHPian

Guys,

I am planning to install Cynogenmod 10 on my SGS3, and found out that there are "nightlies" that are released.

Will I have to flash almost everyday to get new updates?? Or there is something that lets me flash without loosing my apps and data?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks