Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2012, 22:04   #11656
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
Hello

Have you been able to figure out how to disable Motoblur? Whatever results I came across in my search for disabling Motoblur suggest that it is not possible unless the phone is rooted. Do you know anything that suggests otherwise?

Cheers
No. In fact I had forgotten all about it. Thanks for the reminder: it wouldn't be a problem if I made a note of that wretched password and kept it with my travel docs.

In fact, its fixable, as long as you can access your gmail account (or whatever email you registered, I suppose) --- but having/remembering the password would avoid any problem at all.
Old 30th September 2012, 22:45   #11657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Today I rooted my Samsung Galaxy Gio. Everything is done correctly. Then I installed Rom Manager and when I tried to flash ClockWork Mod recovery the list that appears to select the phone's model is not showing my phone. So I cannot proceed. Please help me. How should I proceed? Hope to hear soon.
Hello

I too am thinking of doing this i.e. flashing and installing custom roms and am quite apprehensive about this. Did you follow instructions from sites such xda and view videos of this being done successfully by others before venturing into this business of flashing your phone?

Sorry I am unable to be of any help, hopefully one of the resident android sages will help you get out of this mess.

Cheers
Old 1st October 2012, 00:18   #11658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today I rooted my Samsung Galaxy Gio. Everything is done correctly. Then I installed Rom Manager and when I tried to flash ClockWork Mod recovery the list that appears to select the phone's model is not showing my phone. So I cannot proceed. Please help me. How should I proceed? Hope to hear soon.
STOP. READ. Only then proceed.

"Regarding your phone: First of all, you will have to install clockworkmod recovery on your phone. This is where some people brick their phones, the trick is to not use rom manager to do it"

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1706999
Old 1st October 2012, 01:52   #11659
BHPian

The Dark Knight Rises and Nova Launcher Prime on sale today. Get them before the offer runs out .
Old 1st October 2012, 05:45   #11660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post
Hello

I too am thinking of doing this i.e. flashing and installing custom roms and am quite apprehensive about this. Did you follow instructions from sites such xda and view videos of this being done successfully by others before venturing into this business of flashing your phone?

Sorry I am unable to be of any help, hopefully one of the resident android sages will help you get out of this mess.

Yup I read posts and articles on xda and other websites before rooting my phone. First of all you should find out the rooting method for your phone. Then you have to see that for what version of Android that method is applicable. Once you have done that then it is a simple process. Just follow the steps and your done. As far as Custom ROM's are concerned I have not yet tried to install them. After flashing ClockWork Mod I will install ROM's.
Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
STOP. READ. Only then proceed.

"Regarding your phone: First of all, you will have to install clockworkmod recovery on your phone. This is where some people brick their phones, the trick is to not use rom manager to do it"

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1706999
Thanks. I read the article but the post in which ClockWork Mod recovery is given is very confusing. There are so many options. I cannot understand which link to download. Can you help??
Old 1st October 2012, 08:47   #11661
BHPian

Quote:
Guys need your help. One of my friends has HTC Explorer. Everything is fine and he is happy with the phone but he is not satisfied with internal storage. He hardly has 7-8 apps and few thousand sms's and phone's memory is around 12 mb left. This is inspite of moving the apps to sd card. Now he wants to increase the space. What should he do? He is willing to root the phone also if that helps in increasing the internal space. So please let me know what all can be done to increase internal space and that rooting will help or not? Hope to hear soon.
For this, you need to partition your SD card and use it as an internal memory. Follow the steps below.

Steps to do:

1) Root your device
2) Partition your SD Card using "Mini Partition Tool" and create a 1GB (this will be your new supplementary internal space) partition of type ext2
3) Install Link2SD from Google Play
4) Link2SD will automatically detect your new partition.
5) If it asks for internal partition type, select ext2
6) Link2SD will create mount scripts then and ask you to restart and do as it says.
7) In Link2SD main screen, filter apps which are on "Internal".
8) Mark All and select "Create Link". Tick all which comes in the confirmation window.
9) Finally, link all dalvik cache files also
Old 1st October 2012, 12:34   #11662
BHPian

Great selection of games today..
https://play.google.com/store/apps/c...ate_25_billion

I was out station for last three days. Could have catched the Amazing alex atleast. On final day I have picked following.

Air Control
Nova Launcher Prime
Great Big War Game
Smart Tools
Horn

I had also bought Asphalt 7 on the first day of sale. Yey...
Old 1st October 2012, 13:01   #11663
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Great selection of games today..
https://play.google.com/store/apps/c...ate_25_billion

I was out station for last three days. Could have catched the Amazing alex atleast. On final day I have picked following.

Air Control
Nova Launcher Prime
Great Big War Game
Smart Tools
Horn

I had also bought Asphalt 7 on the first day of sale. Yey...
Ditto here. Purchased apps :-

Air Control
Asphalt 7
World of Goo
Angry Birds Space

Apps I probably should have bought but didn't

TuneIn Radio Pro
Office Suite Pro
ezPDF Reader
Camera Zoom FX
Paper Camera

Didn't go the above list as I didn't find them necessary for the time. Btw if I understand correctly, today should be the last day of the discounted offers.
Old 1st October 2012, 15:21   #11664
BHPian

Yes, today seems to be the final day of the sale.

http://officialandroid.blogspot.in/
Quote:
We’ve now crossed 25 billion downloads from Google Play, and to celebrate we’re offering some great discounts for the next five days.
Hope they cross 30,40 and 50 billion soon and we get such sale again.
Old 1st October 2012, 15:35   #11665
Senior - BHPian

Nexus Updates

My Wifi runs cool-ly now. No issues to report. I have installed whatsapp, angry birds, ESPNF1, Opera Mini, Score Center, digital clock and weather app, swiftkey and ofcourse the TeamBHP App. Battery life seems to be decent. Fully charged at 12pm today and with light FB Browsing and Whatsapp chatting the battery is now at 92% (after 3 hours)

I was searching on how to transfer the contacts as the Nokia Suite exported individual contacts in a .vcf format and not the entire list on a .csv file. I simply created a 'Contacts' folder on the Nexus and copied all the .vcf files and it worked.

Music Player doesnt seem great. Sound quality on earphones is good but not great. (Sony W810i is the best i have had till date). Loudness of the phone speaker is very poor, you cant think of taking a call with that speaker.
And the earphones do not have clip, so it will keep dangling around which is very irritating for me atleast.

Camera quality is decent for 5MP.

2 things i am not able to figure out.

1 - Is there a way to change the inbuilt Analog Clock to digital. I dont seem to find an option.
2 - When want to dial a contact, i have to search for the contact unlike in my Nokia, i would just need to key in the related numbers on the numberpad and it would throw up the corresponding names from which i can choose. I am sure this should be available in JB. Can someone help me out here please.

I also went checking for some good covers / cases at Inorbit Mall and Croma. Croma doesnt stock anything for Nexus as the phone is not officially released. The store at Inorbit didnt have the cover but the shopkeeper showed me another phones leather cover which is foldable for approx 1400 and said if he wants, he can get a similar one.

I will post more updates as and when i get to know more as i am a first time Android user.

Cheers,
Raj
Old 1st October 2012, 16:01   #11666
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Sony W810i is the best i have had till date
Amen to that.

Have had a Samsung Star 3g, BB Curve and currently a Micromax A100; add a Samsung S1 (friend's) to that list; still nothing beats the Walkman phone(s) of SE on music quality!

On a OT matter, how do the Xperia phones compare to the earlier Walkman series?
Old 1st October 2012, 16:30   #11667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Nexus Updates

My Wifi runs cool-ly now. No issues to report. I have installed whatsapp, angry birds, ESPNF1, Opera Mini, Score Center, digital clock and weather app, swiftkey and ofcourse the TeamBHP App. Battery life seems to be decent. Fully charged at 12pm today and with light FB Browsing and Whatsapp chatting the battery is now at 92% (after 3 hours)

Cheers,
Raj
Agree with your observation that the loudspeaker volume is very poor. Earphone sound quality is actually quite good. The stock earphones are whats the problem. Upgrade to a better pair and you will notice a big difference.
For the digital clock, there are plenty of widgets available in the play store. Just download one that meets your requirements. Smart dialing is unfortunately not available on the Nexus. You have to search for the contact to call him/her.
For a case/cover, it would be better for you to search online as you will get a lot more options.
Old 1st October 2012, 16:43   #11668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Amen to that.

Have had a Samsung Star 3g, BB Curve and currently a Micromax A100; add a Samsung S1 (friend's) to that list; still nothing beats the Walkman phone(s) of SE on music quality!

No idea about the xperia range. The W810i was the only Sony i have used. . Other Xperia users could provide feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Agree with your observation that the loudspeaker volume is very poor. Earphone sound quality is actually quite good. The stock earphones are whats the problem. Upgrade to a better pair and you will notice a big difference.
For the digital clock, there are plenty of widgets available in the play store. Just download one that meets your requirements. Smart dialing is unfortunately not available on the Nexus. You have to search for the contact to call him/her.
For a case/cover, it would be better for you to search online as you will get a lot more options.
Thanks. I did download a digital clock widget. I will look online for the cases / covers and am seriously shocked that the Smart Dialing Feature is not in the Nexus. Real bad omission.
Old 1st October 2012, 16:50   #11669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Amen to that.

I had a W810i and a Xperia Neo. I think am eligible to comment here The music quality of Xperia can of course be compared to W810i IMO. I felt almost the same. +1 to the sheer audio quality SE phones throw on us. But the same can't be said about camera IMO. My Neo used to take bad pics compared to some other smartphones out there. Never expected it from a manufacturer who created K750i which itself was a benchmark of photo quality in the 2MP camera era.
Old 1st October 2012, 17:16   #11670
BHPian

I am having problems with GPS on my galaxy Note after the recent update (which brought S3 UI). It's doesn't get locked easily. For 80% times, it doesn't work in the Car. This was not the case earlier. on GB and ICS 4.0.4 Aug update, it was getting locked in seconds.

Anybody else experiencing any issue. Any solution?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks